[Ext] Optimoz Tweaks 0.4 - Firefox 3.6 Update!

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Dead_1nside

[Ext] Optimoz Tweaks 0.4 - Firefox 3.6 Update!

Post by Dead_1nside »

N.B: You may need to add my site to the whitelist of sites that are allowed to install, any concerns refer to the paragraph below

Installation Instructions:
1. Due to Firefox 3.6's increased security, you must download the file first - click the link below, select "Save File".

2. Open up Firefox and go to Tools-> Add-ons.

3. Drag and drop the file on to the 'Add-ons' window (Tools-> Add-ons).

4. You will then be asked if you want to install this extension from an untrusted user. Accept.

5. Enjoy Optimoz Tweaks on Firefox 3.6.

Download Link:

Optimoz Tweaks in Firefox 3.6 does not appear to be working, at least for me. If anyone can help please reply to the thread. Feel free to still download and try it out but I'm getting no joy.

>>> For Optimoz Tweaks 0.4 Firefox 3.6 <<<

Rationale:
As I don't think that the Optimoz guys will get round to putting out an officially compatible release for awhile, if at all (no offence guys) I have filed a bug and edited the .xpi from their mozdev site to allow for '3.0.*' (this is my only change, nothing malicious added, your mileage may vary, the features I use work fine under Windows XP SP2). I hope this is of some use to someone, I'll keep bumping the thread for awhile. So it stays in focus.

Link to bugs @MozDev.org:

Firefox 3.0 Compatibility Bug

Firefox 2.0 Compatibility Bug

Autohide button not showing (hand icon) Bug --- Thanks to Fra Diavolo for providing the fix

Optimoz Tweaks will not work until page has loaded

Japanese Translated Version of "Optimoz 0.4" (With all bug fixes) --- Thanks to Premier for the translation

DO NOT USE AT THE MOMENT. NOT UPDATED
Secondary Mirror @ The Add-Ons Mirror

Cheers,

Jon Pritchard
Last edited by Dead_1nside on January 5th, 2011, 7:54 pm, edited 48 times in total.
Dead_1nside

Post by Dead_1nside »

bump
Thinkpad T41p | T61 | T400
subferno

Post by subferno »

I was just about to post a request for a FF2 version. Like you said, this will suffice.
Firefox 12
Win 7 Ultimate 64
AMD64 3000+ Gigabyte x800 1.5 gig RAM
Dead_1nside

Post by Dead_1nside »

bump
Dead_1nside

Post by Dead_1nside »

bump
Basic

Post by Basic »

iBoRDarU

Post by iBoRDarU »

Thanks! BTW any ideas about the "Lock/Unlock sidebar" icon (located at the top left corner in front of 'Bookmarks')??
Dead_1nside

Post by Dead_1nside »

No problem. How do you mean? I don't really use it, to me it's always not had an actual graphical icon (just mouse over the left-far-side of the bookmarks title bar). It works fine for me on Windows XP SP2.
iBoRDarU

Post by iBoRDarU »

@Dead_1nside
I've been using OT 0.4 for ages now, it used to have (prior to Firefox v1.5.0.6) a nice icon (a hand?) displayed at the previous given location. I was just wondering, because I and you know it is there but "new" people could miss this feature. Although, just as you stated, it works fine w/o the actual icon.
Dead_1nside

Post by Dead_1nside »

Oh, well it's a feature I don't use very often. So little in fact that I forgot about it actually. This could be because I never use the default theme, and only use Qute. I'm not sure. For me at least, it has not been there for a long, long time. Sorry I can't help any further. Perhaps write up a seperate bug at their Mozdev bugzilla.

I'd love it if they released a new version.

EDIT: A bit of a search and I came up with this for your missing hand icon problem. Try it, post back if it works or not please. If so, I'll integrate it into the top and I'll file a bug with it.

http://userstyles.org/style/show/430
Premier

Post by Premier »

Hello,

I have opened the japanese version that corrects Optimoz Tweaks 0.4 mod to the public.

[OptimozTweaks-0.4-mod-ja.xpi]
http://homepage3.nifty.com/kyoto33/premier/#ot

1) Compatibility : Firefox 1.5 - 2.0.x.x. (I think that it moves perhaps by even 3.0.x.x) 
2) "Lock/Unlock sidebar" hands icon was corrected on default theme. CSS of [http://userstyles.org/style/show/430] was added.
3) Locale : en-US and ja only. (sorry!)

It would be greatly appreciated if becoming your reference.
Dead_1nside

Post by Dead_1nside »

Thanks for the contribution. If anyone needs the JA version, there it is.
Dead_1nside

Post by Dead_1nside »

I have also now added the fix I found, and filed the bug.

http://mozdev.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=15672

Adding it to the top post.
iBoRDarU

Post by iBoRDarU »

@Dead_1nside
Ah great! I appreciate it very much for your efforts!
Dead_1nside

Post by Dead_1nside »

Just tested on Linux using Fedora Core 6 (even though their version of Firefox seems to crawl, pages refresh really slow when you scroll them, it's quite an awful experience actually, not sure if this is a general Linux issue or just because they load it with all locales under the planet and don't allow you to remove any.)

Either way it works, the behaviour is slightly different than on Windows, you can't just knock the cursor against the screen. You need to hover it a little bit away (depending on your settings). But hand icon displays and everything.