Stop Proxy Server Setting Effect On Firefox Browser

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Ajie

Stop Proxy Server Setting Effect On Firefox Browser

Post by Ajie »

Hello,
I have a little but bordering problem. I serve as the sole administrator and use firefox internet browser to access the web because of the safe, fast and secure features that describes it all. The Operating System on my Compaq Presario R3000 is MS Windows XP Home Edition, service pack 2 and my system Firewall is Comodo-custom setting. My default link to the Internet is via Dial-up but I occasionally log-on through LAN proxy server setting.
Now I’m back to my dial-up connection and other browsers/applications are naturally doing just fine gaining uninterrupted access as normal but my much cherished Mozilla-Firefox cannot connect because my could be previously assigned IP address/Proxy is still preventing it from running. Message "Unable To Find The Proxy Server" -Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that can't be found, Check the proxy settings to make sure they are correct ... etc.
Though Firefox does not support to both automatically or manually detect and select the IP of the current ISP to access Web, I have equally tried correcting this error to no avail BUT I don't want to stop nor lose using Firefox Browser most importantly. Someone should help me directly where or how to fix or stop the interference of this proxy server setting problem on Firefox browser, please.
Regards,
Ajie
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

IMO, use a separate Firefox user Profile for each type of connection.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.