Printing issue with Delta Boarding Passes

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
guruweaver

Printing issue with Delta Boarding Passes

Post by guruweaver »

Hello all,

I've had a problem printing Delta boarding passes (from online check in) for quite some time with FireFox (all versions up to current).

The boarding pass look correct in the browser window, both in the frame or in it's own window (using the Frame context menu), but invariably it gets munged while printing. This munging is independent of OS, printer, or printer driver. I've had it happen in Linux, Mac, and Windows with many different printers.

Of course, said boarding pass prints properly in IE.

The munging is odd. A normal boarding pass has two copies of the pass on the same page, one above the other spaced such that a fold in the middle of a Letter-sized page will divide them. Each pass has two bar code images on it, one vertically aligned between the main pass and the 'stub' on the left, the other horizontally aligned along the bottom of the main pass, a total of four images on the page.

When printed from FireFox, only the first horizontal bar code prints. The other three (the two vertical and the other horizontal) simply do not appear. Further, the one bar code that does print is on top of a block of disclaimer text, covering part of it. Also missing is a horizontal line separating both copies of the pass. The lower pass is shifted up to the upper half of the page.

Now, the pass still works, as it has one bar code, but it finally annoyed me enough to post about it.

I will also be contacting Delta to see if there is anything they can do, but I expect I'll get the standard "IE is our supported browser".

I have an example page, complete with HTML and images, as well as a sample print out in PDF format I would be willing to share with someone to aid with the troubleshooting of this.

Any thoughts or suggestions as to how I might resolve this?

Thanks,
Mike
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

I have an example page, complete with HTML and images, as well as a sample print out in PDF format I would be willing to share with someone to aid with the troubleshooting of this.
I PM'ed my email addy to you. I'll take a look at that page this weekend.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.