[Ext] Extension Developer's Extension 0.3.0.20060726

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Ted Mielczarek

[Ext] Extension Developer's Extension 0.3.0.20060726

Post by Ted Mielczarek »

After much delay, a new version of Extension Developer's Extension is here!

Homepage
Direct XPI Link

I have tested it on Firefox 1.5 and trunk, Thunderbird 1.5, Seamonkey 1.0, and Flock 0.7.

New features:
  • Updated JS Shell and JS Environment to latest versions
  • JS Environment, Live XUL Editor, Live HTML Editor all have Load and Save buttons now
  • JS Environment has a scope selector
  • Added JRX - JavaScript Real-Time RegEx Evaluator
  • Added Interactive XPath Tester
  • Updated Extension Builder to work with FF 1.5+ extensions -- works like asqueella's build.sh
  • Added window icons for all tools so you can distinguish their windows
Known problems:
  • JS Shell sucks in Thunderbird
  • Xpath Evaluator broken in Thunderbird
  • Extension builder might not work on all extension layouts, feedback needed

-Ted
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060803 SeaMonkey/1.0.4
extensiondev-0.3.0.20060726.xpi

Enable Debugging Preferences turns on: "nglayout.debug.disable_xul_cache".
But this causes SeaMonkey to max the CPU usage to 99% making it effectively unusable.

Phil
Ted Mielczarek

Post by Ted Mielczarek »

I tested it with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.2) Gecko/20060404 SeaMonkey/1.0.1, and I don't see the same problem. Can anyone else reproduce this? Do you have any other extensions installed that could be causing the problem? Extension development is so much harder without that pref on that I can't imagine not setting it.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Ted Mielczarek wrote:I tested it with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.2) Gecko/20060404 SeaMonkey/1.0.1, and I don't see the same problem. Can anyone else reproduce this? Do you have any other extensions installed that could be causing the problem? Extension development is so much harder without that pref on that I can't imagine not setting it.
This is in a profile I use to test all the Firefox extensions I've ported to SeaMonkey as part of my xSidebar project. So basically I've all those extensions loaded up in this profile. I guess I'll create a new empty profile and see how it goes. But I have to say I've never had to disable the XUL cache when working on either Flashblock or xSidebar or any of my extension ports. Remind me again why I have to disable the cache?

Phil
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

Hi, Ted, I edit xuledit.xul and added a button to inspect the content with DOMI as asqueella requested.

Code: Select all

<button label="Inspect" id="inspect" onclick="window.openDialog('chrome://inspector/content/', '_blank', 'chrome,all,dialog=no', document.getElementById('content').contentDocument)"/>

My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
Ted Mielczarek

Post by Ted Mielczarek »

Pretty nice, although I don't think that's exactly what asqueella wanted. Maybe I'll add it to the next version.

-Ted
tastywheat

Post by tastywheat »

Sorry to rekindle such an old thread, but I think it's important (or at lease relevant).

When I use the bookmarklet version of JS Environment and I print out window.location I get the URL of the current web page. When I use the installed version I always get something starting with 'chrome://'. Is it supposed to be like that? If so, how am I supposed to write scripts without executing at the HTMLDocument level?

No complaints with JS Shell though. Using enumerateWindows() I get a lot more options for the scope. It actually includes web pages and not just windows.

Browser: Firefox 2.0
Ext. Version: 0.3.0.20060726