cant get my firebird to work

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

cant get my firebird to work

Post by Guest »

i recently downloaded the mozilla firebird 0.7 for linux, in the web page say that i only need to extract it into my home folder and run a script that it's in the mozilla firebird folder, i tried with the files mozillafirebid, mozillafirebird-bin and run-mozilla.sh and cant get my firebird to work.

what is wrong?? what am i doing wrong?? wich file (script) should i use??

if anyone can help me i would be grateful

Post by Guest »

by the way, i'm using Red Hat 8.0 in server install, im using too mozilla 1.0.1
Old Persist

Post by Old Persist »

It's the MozillaFirebird shellscript you should run. If it's in your home folder open a terminal and enter

Code: Select all

~/MozillaFirebird/MozillaFirebird
and it should run. ( ~ is short for /home/username) If you just get an error printed in the terminal post it back and we'll Google on it.

Post by Guest »

i tried what you told me to do and i got the next error:

INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: No manager for initializing factory?

System error?:: Conseguido
Old Persist

Post by Old Persist »

That sounds like the error message you get if you install a symbolic link to the wrong java plugin. I didn't work that out for myself, I draged the mouse across where you said "INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: No manager for initializing factory?", right clicked on it and chose "Web search". From the what you say in your post it sounds like you haven't got as far as installing java yet so it may be that you have mozilla installed, Firebird is scaning Mozilla's plugins folder and is trying to use the libjavaplugin_oji.so it found there. If you remove the plugin, Firebird should work.

Post by Guest »

i did it and it worked!!! thanks a lot