Firebird .7 freezes?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Firebird .7 freezes?

Post by Guest »

I run Windows XP home edition and recently installed/began using Firebird. However, I've run into random freezes where I can still click stuff, but it says 'stopped' at the bottom near the security lock and it won't work again until I exit & end the Mozilla firebird process.

Any ideas?
KWolf

Post by KWolf »

Im having the same problem... it started to happen to me for no reason in 0.6, so I got 0.7, but it still did it with that, so I got a nightly build, and it still does it. Someone help me please, I dont want to use gay IE.
KWolf

Post by KWolf »

Sorry for double, just wanted to add my specs that I forgot to add in my other post.

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2200+
RAM: Samsung PC2700 DDR333 512MB
HD: 40GB 5400RPM Maxtor ATA133
MB: FIC AU13 Chameleon (nForce 2 chipset)
GFX: nVidia GeForce FX 5600

pretty much everything else is onboard or wont have anything to do with it (monitor, cdr drive, etc). Please help, IE sucks :(
cbpm

Post by cbpm »

I was running 0.7 for a while, and noticed a lot of problems with it. It started freezing up/crashing often and it couldn't handle importing or exporting bookmarks. So I went back to 0.6 and that works for me.
KWolf

Post by KWolf »

*sigh*

Im sick of having to CTRL+ALT+DELETE the process every time it says "Stopped" in the corner and refuses to navigate to a new page. I think I'll use opera till they can fix this..
asquithea

Post by asquithea »

I've always found Firebird 0.7 to be very stable on windows. In fact, I've found it stable ever since the 0.5 autocomplete bug was fixed. But that doesn't really help you solve your problem.

Anyway, if you haven't done so already, make sure that you delete your profile and Program Files\MozillaFireBird directories. Leaving an old profile can make Firebird behave in strange ways. Your profile directory is probably in "C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\Application Data\", and it's named Phoenix. It's easiest to delete the whole Phoenix directory.
Raymo183

Freezing

Post by Raymo183 »

mine freezes my whole computer... spex:

Com System is Sony Vaio or somethin. not too sure on spellin

RAM: 512MB
Processor: Athlon 3.0Ghz
HD: 160GB Tevion...............

ive got enough space and ram.... so why does it freeze

Post by Guest »

Oh, so thats where the profile is :P Ill try that, thanks.