Thunderbird trunk not displaying images

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Scanorama
Folder@Home

Thunderbird trunk not displaying images

Post by Scanorama »

Hi all, since the 1120 nightly trunk, Thunderbird no longer displays images by default. Everytime I have to click 'display image' when I read each messages. Is there any way to change to display all images by default? I tried to go through the Options window but had no luck. Maybe config editor? Thanks :)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061123 Thunderbird/3.0a1 ID:2006112303
StormFX

Post by StormFX »

I noticed this, too. It seems the only way to allow images is to add them to an address book AND tick the "Allow remote images" checkbox from that contact.

What happened to the option of displaying images that are in an address book?
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

See [*]# 357321 [Thunderbird] - don't blindly trust address book recipients when loading remote content [All]
You can also use config editor to allow all remote images.
pref("mailnews.message_display.disable_remote_image", false);
JoeS Testing current Thunderbird trunk builds WinXP SP2+
news://news.mozilla.org.mozilla.test.multimedia How to Post
StormFX

Post by StormFX »

Yeah, I don't have a problem with it blocking images in mail from senders that are in my book and gave the remote images option checked, it's the fact that the Tools > Options ("Allow images if the sender is in my: [Address Book]") item is no longer there that's annoying. :)
mscott

Post by mscott »

Yeah, it's now on a per address basis and not everyone in your address book. Spammers are spoofing address book entries and violating your privacy too easily. You can always turn off blocking remote content if you don't care about that :)
Thunderbirds are Go!