Mail problems

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
hsaund

Mail problems

Post by hsaund »

I have had several instances with 1.4 and now with 1.5 in XP where the mail cannot be read and disappears from mozilla. Mozilla asks for a new mail profile which, when filled out, polls the ISP for new mail and receives it /files it /indexes it /and saves it normally. There are email files in the profile/mail folder as are other mail folders which for some reason or another have been created. I cannot access the email recieved before mozilla forgot I had a mail account. How can I recover these emails? Mozilla also forgot the address book for the account. Its still there too, I believe. ](*,)
MeeToo

Missing mail folders

Post by MeeToo »

I'm suspecting that there is some sort of problem with the indexing of the Mail/Local\ Folders directory in my profile. I didn't worry too much until this morning when I discovered that ALL the folders beneath Local\ Folders have vanished. Certainly could use some help here.

Is there a way of convincing mozilla (1.6a) to rebuild all the indices of the mail, or more generally, how to recover the sibdirectories of the Local\ Folders directory in the mail application (the directories exist, but mozilla does not seem to acknowledge that they do) :(