Sort bookmarks by date added?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Jake5253

Sort bookmarks by date added?

Post by Jake5253 »

I have a folder of bookmarks which contains about 350 bookmarks. Is it possible, at this point in time, to sort them all out automatically by date added to the folder? (and possibly into sub folders by date, automatically adding a new sub folder each day *only* if I add something that day - I don't add things every day.)
I'm searching for a particular bookmark within that massive list from September 20th, but I can't find it when I'm looking through the bookmarks. At this time, since it's much more than a week ago I cannot get it from the History either.
I realize there is a "sort by name" option, but I don't recall the name of the item I seek, just the date. I know I will recognize it as soon as I see it, but searching 350 items makes it easy to overlook it and perhaps even distract me so I get confused and sidetracked.
In the future I'm going to make a new sub folder for each new date, but right now that's not going to help me find what I'm looking for on my list.
Maybe this could be put in as "feature request"?

Regards,
Jake
eleanor

Post by eleanor »

In the Bookmarks Manager, you can add a column for "date added".
View > Show Columns > check "Added". You may also have to check Unsorted in the View menu.

Click the top of that column, and it will sort by date.

That sorting won't carry over to your bookmark menu or sidebar, but at least you'll be able to find the bookmark you're searching for.
Windows 7 Home SP2
jake5253

Post by jake5253 »

Oh shoot! I completely over-looked that option too. I guess I'm not very observant. After using that, it only took me a second to find the link I was looking for! I also found out that there is an actual "Date Added" column that I can make visible. I never thought to use that bookmark manager, but that made it a million times more simple.
Thanks!!
Jake
eleanor

Post by eleanor »

You're Welcome!
Windows 7 Home SP2
Tekila

Re: Sort bookmarks by date added?

Post by Tekila »

Also i have to appreciate your advice
Thank you eleanor!.. ;)
dfoulkes

Re: Sort bookmarks by date added?

Post by dfoulkes »

There are various sort-options within this extension and it keeps stuff sorted automatically...
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9275
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!