I am forced to use IE till GIF animation problems are fixed

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
NeedHelpSoon

I am forced to use IE till GIF animation problems are fixed

Post by NeedHelpSoon »

Try loading this image
http://polar.ncep.noaa.gov/waves/latest ... anim.3.gif
It locks Firefox till it's completely loaded and each time you hit F5 to refresh it goes through the same CPU memory hog process over and over. Used to work before 1.5.6

Please change the animation code whatever you did doesn't work!
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Doesn't lock my Firefox...

Post by Guest »

Try firefox safe mode. My Firefox 2.0 doesn't go above 9% CPU or slow down while loading that animation. (Also when I F5 refresh it loads from the cache instantly, i have to do ctrl-F5 to make it reload from internet).
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
schapel

Re: I am forced to use IE till GIF animation problems are fi

Post by schapel »

NeedHelpSoon wrote:It locks Firefox till it's completely loaded and each time you hit F5 to refresh it goes through the same CPU memory hog process over and over. Used to work before 1.5.6

I have 0% CPU usage while the animation is moving. Maybe there's a problem with your video drivers?
Kab

Post by Kab »

Ditto. I have over 50 extensions (:P) and 5 themes installed on this FF version I'm using right now and I can still view that GIF perfectly. My CPU usage stays at 2% while viewing.
NeedHelpSoon

Post by NeedHelpSoon »

I have found the culprit : Google Browser Sync

Once installed the animated GIF causes Firefox to peg the CPU @100% using more and more memory till it's done doing ??? Hit F5 and it starts all over again.
Uninstalling does no good?

Anyone else use this ?? I recommend NOT installing this Add-On

I have sent a message to google labs -> labs+browsersync@google.com asking for Help...
schapel

Post by schapel »

Thanks for the information! I've added Google Browser Sync to the list of <a href="http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions">problematic extensions</a>.
Kab

Post by Kab »

schapel, you may add Media Connectivity 0.8.3 to the problematic extensions too. Once the update downloaded until I manually removed it from my extensions folder, FF2 would not start or start and then crash immediately even in SafeMode on a new profile with only 5 other extensions. Previous versions worked fine but the new one does not.
BTW its folder would be under this name: {84b24861-62f6-364b-eba5-2e5e2061d7e6}
schapel

Post by schapel »

Kab wrote:schapel, you may add Media Connectivity 0.8.3 to the problematic extensions too. Once the update downloaded until I manually removed it from my extensions folder, FF2 would not start or start and then crash immediately even in SafeMode on a new profile with only 5 other extensions. Previous versions worked fine but the new one does not.
BTW its folder would be under this name: {84b24861-62f6-364b-eba5-2e5e2061d7e6}

You should probably report the problem to the extension author. The extension seems to work with Firefox 2, but is incompatible with one of your five other extensions. Without knowing what those extensions are, it's hard to describe what the exact problem is.
Kab

Post by Kab »

Thanks. Well I've tried today with a new install and its working fine. The problem seems to be only when its updating.