Can't type anything in address and search fields.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Can't type anything in address and search fields.

Post by Guest »

I can't type anything in the address and search fields (near the address field), so everytime i have to go to a website, it's either through bookmarks, or i have to type the website's address on google and enter the website from the link. It's like the keyboard is locked or something. First time it happens to me. I had firefox 2 rc, and i tried to uninstall it and replace it with 1.5, but to no avail. what's going on?

anti keylogger is the problem

Post by Guest »

It just occured me that the anti-keylogger that i downloaded yesterday might be the problem, and it is. My problem was gone after i disabled it. So if anyone has the same problem, it's because of that. So much for added security.

Can't type in browser/search fields

Post by Guest »

I have had the same trouble--where after viewing www.msn.com I am no longer able to type in the address or search field--or any other field. It seems to get stuck for a time, and then after a minute or two, it seems to reconnect--but hitting 'reload' doesn't seem to be the fix right away. I didn't download 'anti-keylogger' that the previous guest wrote about. This frozen fields problem did not occur until I updated to Firefox 2.0--and I've had the same trouble on both my work and home computer (also running Fx 2.0).

Will Fx be sending an update that will correct this?
Thank you.

Post by Guest »

I ust FF2.0 and have no problems that you refer to.
Perhaps you need to do a DeFrag on your computers.
I had problems with a different program that wouldn't work.
DeFrag fixed the problem for me.