Errors viewing YouTube in FireFox 2.0

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Grelly

Post by Grelly »

thank dickvl & also drew1234 I installed IE Tab & it's great, the Australian Govt's own jobsearch site is one of the only sites I've found that is only written for IE so that'll be a big help, way to reach out to the unwashed & unemployed masses by making sure that only the unemployed with IE can access it
Greg
Moochie

Youtube coming up as HTML problem -- my solution

Post by Moochie »

Thanks to others here I discovered that the problem (Youtube not rendering) was due to a ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite setting having to be changed.

Specifically, go to Program Controls/Programs

Look for the Firefox entry with the green dot in the L/H column and click on it

At the bottom, R/H side of the screen, click Options

Under Advanced Program Control, check the box next to Allow Application Interaction

Click Apply and close ZISS.

Moochie
Jimmy33

Post by Jimmy33 »

Is there a fix for this then or what?
Schlachthauz

Suite Versus Firefox

Post by Schlachthauz »

I found this works for youtube with that problem of not being able to login if you go to tools>options>cookies>exceptions - then find where it says "block" next to http://www.youtube.com and remove block or delete that entry and make a new "allow" entry. This worked for me. But I can't access MySpace no matter what I do. Yet I can login to MySpace fine with Mozilla Suite browser instead of firefox. I guess that's because security in The Mozilla Suite is different.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

For your myspace problems, try deleting your myspace cookies (ALL OF THEM). Also clear your cache.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.