[Ext] Menu Editor 1.2.3 (fx2 compatibility release)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
bmix

Post by bmix »

Thanks for the info. But I had hoped for a fix, rather than a workaround.

Creating a new profile would mean I'd need to reinstall 60+ extensions plus setting all their options _and_ edit "all kinds of menus except bookmarks" ;-))
Andreas
Lost User 146821

Post by Lost User 146821 »

Just delete the file 'menuedit.rdf' from your profile folder, mate.
I'd never create a new profile ^^!
Old WildcatRay

Post by Old WildcatRay »

bmix wrote:Thanks for the info. But I had hoped for a fix, rather than a workaround.

Creating a new profile would mean I'd need to reinstall 60+ extensions plus setting all their options _and_ edit "all kinds of menus except bookmarks" ;-))

FYI: If you save/archive your extensions to your computer, you can "easily" install them via "drag & drop."

I use MR Tech Local Install and have it set to archive any extension I install to a separate folder. When updates become available, they are archived to the same folder. I will periodically go through the archive folder and purge old/unused extensions. If I decide or have to make a new profile once I have Fx running with the new profile, I open the Add-ons window, highlight the extensions I want to install in Fx and then drag & drop them into the Fx Add-ons window and they install! Once installed a restart and your are off and running.

An alternative is the Firefox Extensions Backup Extension. This extension enable you to backup a lot of the personal aspects of your profile including extensions.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

1.2.3 lost the controls to Maximize and Minimize the Menu Editor window that was present in earlier versions.

Do you open it via CTRL+SHIFT+S? Definitely works for me, and I don't think we changed anything related to that.

I'd like to see this made so that the list is dynamically generated (if it's not already). I installed a custom menu to the main menu bar, but it doesn't show up in Menu Editor. :/

We don't do this, since it's impossible to guarantee Menu Editor will work with arbitrary menus. In fact it's pretty likely to break given a menu from a random extension. Some amount of hacks is needed to make the menu work.

Alternatively, I'd like to see the option to add custom entries. Like the ability to add menus, submenus and menu items. That would be wonderful.

That's been requested.

Agreed. And to reorder the root-menu items in the menu-bar, make them disappear and put dynamic spacers in between. I have a full "del.icio.us" after "Help". And I would like to have "Help" right-aligned, the rest left-aligned. With a flex-spacer this should be possible.

I don't think we have a bug on this. Could you file one please?

Any news on the "Add Bookmark here...." conflict with FF2 ?

I don't remember anything about this conflict.
bmix

Post by bmix »

Where to file bug-reports for this extension (it's a feature-request actually, no ? ;-))

And, do you mean you did not hear about this conflict at all ? ("Add Bookmark here..." makes FF2 crash, when adding a bookmark with it, after the bookmark menu got edited by MenuEditor. May be an "Add Bookmark here..." bug, but I wanted to know, what is going on with that.)
Andreas
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

Here: http://menueditor.mozdev.org/bugs.html

I don't recall hearing about this conflict. Certainly nothing about a crash (if you really mean a crash). If there isn't a bug filed about it, please file one, and I'll try to investigate when I have time.
bmix

Post by bmix »

Oops ? I thought you'd read it. It is on page 2 of this thread we are currently in ;-)

It definatly is a crash based on a conflict with the Add Bookmark here.... exntension and starts a Talkback session.
This is what Derfel and WildcatRay and me were talking about.
Andreas
mzfuser
Folder@Home

Post by mzfuser »

feature suggestion: menu editor should be able to clean out invalid/missing entries
darklight_tr

Post by darklight_tr »

I've submitted the conflict with Add Bookmark Here to the Menu Editor bug database.

http://bugzilla.mozdev.org/show_bug.cgi?id=15720

I'm willing to provide any needed info to get this bug resolved. Otherwise, i'll have to stop using Add Bookmark Here, as Menu Editor is indispensable.
coolcd

Post by coolcd »

I encountered the same crash issue as bmix and darklight_tr did when using Menuedit with Add Bookmark Here. After deleting 'menuedit.rdf' in my profile, Fx no longer crashed. Both Menuedit and Add Bookmark Here work well in my Fx now.
rinscewind

Tools -> Options -> Content -> Enable Javascript -&

Post by rinscewind »

I found that to install and have this extension work properly, in 'Tools -> Options -> Content -> Enable Javascript -> Advanced' the 'Allow scripts to:' 'Disable or replace context menu' checkbox needs to be checked. After MenuEdit 1.2.3 is installed and I have finished sorting out the different menus, I uncheck the 'Disable or replace context menu' box again, and so far everything has worked just fine.

If JavaScript is not allowed to change context menus under 'Tools -> Options' for the install and sorting then all sorts of problems crop up.

Dunno if this helps.
Never criticize a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Then go ahead -- you will be a mile away, and will also have his shoes.
jeof0411

Post by jeof0411 »

Is there a way to duplicate menu items so that I can have it in two places?

As far as I can tell now my only option is to move an item from one menu to another or hide it... I would love to be able to have an item appear on context menu as well as under Tools. (Particularly the "View Page Source" item)
LunaC

Post by LunaC »

With both Menu Editor and Roboform enabled the default spell check breaks. Spell check starts working again when either of those extensions are disabled.
cruzolo

Post by cruzolo »

Hi there

How can I fix the conflict caused by Menu Editor? I can't opan several bookmarks nor add a bookmark via Add Bookmark Here deep inside bookmarks folder...
pinkieandpie

Menu Editor freezes browser

Post by pinkieandpie »

Howdy asqueella! I too am devoted to Menu Editor! Sadly, I have encountered a glitch recently. ME 1.2.3 is freezing my right click context menu. If I right click on a link and select "open in new tab" (for example) everything is fine. BUT when I right click on an image or video to "save as" or "copy" the whole context menu is frozen... nothing will highlight/select. The whole browser stays frozen (can't "stop" or select other tabs) until I get a Warning saying "unresponsive script." I have to stop the script to unfreeze the browser.

I have tried copying and saving from the Edit Menu, but items are greyed out. I have disabled Session Manager/Saver from both FF2.0 and Tabs MixPlus. I have uninstalled all other menu editing extensions including Mr. Tech Local, all to no avail.

I love ME almost as much as I love saving images. I have searched the Help forums far and wide. Can you help me?