Sibelius Scorch player plug in not recognized

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
davekeys

Sibelius Scorch player plug in not recognized

Post by davekeys »

That about sums it up.
As A Member of worshiptogether i get free sheet music-throguh their Sibelius Scorch plug in. IE recognizes it ok, but Mozilla 1.7 says I need it, even though I ahve it already. I have already tried to dld it again but no luck there. Hate having to run back & forth between 2 browsers.
** e-mail address removed by moderator ** :-({|=
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

I removed your e-mail address because we do not give email support. To do so would deprive other users of the information offered in a response to your topic. More importantly, spammers harvest email addresses from public forums like this.

Moving to SeaMonkey Support where Mozilla Suite is supported.
lostnihilist

Post by lostnihilist »

what do you mean you have it? what does about:plugins show? just b/c it's installed on your computer/IE does not mean it's installed in Mozilla.
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

Did you check in Help | About Plug-ins to see whether Mozilla sees the plug-in? You should see an entry for ScorchNetscapePlugin showing a file name of NPSibelius.dll. If you don't see it, the plug-in didn't get installed in the right location.

One of the steps in the installation instructions is
If you are using Mozilla Firefox, you should switch on Manually Choose Browser Directory in the installer - the plugins folder in Firefox is usually C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Plugins\
Did you do this for Mozilla? The correct folder for Mozilla would usually be C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins .

BTW, the Mozilla Suite was discontinued and lives on as the SeaMonkey project. It can be thought of as Mozilla 1.8, and has a number of enhancements as well as important security fixes. I'd recommend upgrading. Version 1.1 is due out soon. You'll find the SeaMonkey site at http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/ .
But then again, I may be wrong.

thanks

Post by Guest »

thanks for removing the email. I *rarely* ask questions and am NOT in any way technically minded when it comes to software. I programmed BASIC in the 80's and that's about it.
I will try what has been advised & let you know how it works. it does not appear in the help/about plug ins section.
LordOfTheBored

Re: thanks

Post by LordOfTheBored »

Anonymous wrote:thanks for removing the email. I *rarely* ask questions and am NOT in any way technically minded when it comes to software. I programmed BASIC in the 80's and that's about it.
I will try what has been advised & let you know how it works. it does not appear in the help/about plug ins section.
Hey, programming in BASIC already puts you WAY ahead of the people that treat computers like mystic artifacts, inscrutable blocks of magic fairy dust, or even just sealed boxes.
You've at least a partial understanding of how they work, and how to bend them to your will. It's hardly something to be ashamed of.
Losmeister

Post by Losmeister »

"
One of the steps in the installation instructions is
Quote:
If you are using Mozilla Firefox, you should switch on Manually Choose Browser Directory in the installer - the plugins folder in Firefox is usually C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Plugins\
Did you do this for Mozilla? The correct folder for Mozilla would usually be C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\plugins . "

Thanks, Andy!
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

Glad to help. :-)
But then again, I may be wrong.
hershmab

Post by hershmab »

Andy Boze wrote:Glad to help. :-)
I have the same problem with the Sibelius Scorch plugin. I have followed the instructions and installed it in both IE7 and Firefox 2.0.0.1. IE recognises it correctly. Firefox knows it is installed (as shown by about:plugins) but does not run it on the web page where IE does!

I have restarted Firefoc and rebooted the PC (Windows XP SP2 Home), but nothing persuades Firefox to run the plugin.
Brian Hershman,
Clonakilty,
Ireland
guest12

Re: Sibelius Scorch player plug in not recognized

Post by guest12 »

I run Firefox 3.6.10. The Sibelius plugin is installed (and visible both in the plugin folder under Programs and in the Plugin section of the browser when pulling up Tools>Options), but does not run in Firefox for whatever reason.

Anyone know how to get Sibelius running successfully on Firefox?
LIMPET235

Re: Sibelius Scorch player plug in not recognized

Post by LIMPET235 »

Please start a new thread & leave these oldies to R.I.P.
Thank you.

Locking this relic.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)