Shockwave Illegal Operation error... (possible fix)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Post by Guest »

I was having the exact same issues with FF2.

I used it for a couple of weeks with no problem, then out of nowhere, problems with Flash player started to pop up.

Deleted FF2 and reinstalled FF 1.5.0.8, and for the past few days, no problem with it crashing.

I'm just gonna wait til an update of FF2 comes out.
Codar

Post by Codar »

Anonymous wrote:I, too, had the illegal operation problem and it looks I've found the cause: SPYWARE. To be more specific, I believe it was a case of Trojan.Downloader.Agent-262.

I made the discovery after deciding to reinstall Firefox from scratch. To do that, I needed to use Internet Explorer, which, as it turned out, was redirecting all my Google searches. My antivirus (Avast) didn't find anything, and neither did Spybot or Adaware. Hijackthis indicated that something was amiss, but Google, while not naming the culprit, did provide a solution.

It was a program called fixwareout. which Used a generated script and a scripting program allowing the deletion of hidden files, and I don't mean hidden with the hidden attribute set. Fixwareout also made the .exe files visible, after which Avast was able to indentify one of them as being infected by Trojan.Downloader.Agent-262. The other was negative for viruses.

I've been testing a fresh install of FF for about an hour now without any sign of the dreaded error dialog.

i have the same problem internet explorer redirects all of my google searches, its very annoying

how would i solve this
mrtwisty

this sucks

Post by mrtwisty »

what has worked for me is i deleted all shockwave files (from add and remove programs) and installed shockwave 7 that worked i tried everything else i could find and nothing else worked. remember to download it for netscape though when i did for ie it didnt work hope this helps i've been dealing with this problem forever thanks
Thanks

ty

Post by Thanks »

This same problem happen to me it started 3 days ago, and sometimes the sites wouldn't even load..or go extremely slow. I thought someone craped up firefox or I had a weird internet virus. But..thanks to this support. I found the problem. In a weird way though...

I went into the mozilla folder/ plugins and there was a file called (NPSWF32_FlashUtil). .. I clicked on it and it said there was a update was available for my flash player.. so I installed it and and updated it and my firefox has been going really fast ever since. and the stupid crashed and errors stop
AndyG2007

Post by AndyG2007 »

Use this online program to see if you have any old lingering versions on the system http://secunia.com/software_inspector/

Shockwave Flash Error

Post by Guest »

I'd have the same problem with FF2.0 and Shockwave error. I have tried all suggestions on various forums, including Mozilla and Adobe about it. I meant ALL, and it took me 2 days frustrated doing so. Finally, one has worked my case out: uninstall FF, then reinstall it.

Hope it helps.
guesthelper

plug-in preformed an illgeal action

Post by guesthelper »

find this folder go to my computer c drive then program files look for mozilla firefox the plug in's C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins. Now find npmozax.dll rename it to "xnpmozax.dll problem fixed. It disables active x. Hope it works for you like it did or me.

Post by Guest »

Hmmm, well I have windows98 (yes feel free to laugh) so I can't use that gromozon remover, on top of that I haven't found any of the said pluggins. We just did a system restore not that long ago and it did it before and after. Any suggestions for me?
StarRuler

Found the Solution!

Post by StarRuler »

I have found the solution to the problem. It has to do with the NPSWF32.dll file in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash and in the C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins folder.

1. Close Firefox

2. Delete NPSWF32.dll from the C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash and the C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins folder.

3. Download NPSWF32.dll from:

Code: Select all

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/download.php?npswf32download0VMhSIcEeT

4.Place the downloaded NPSWF32.dll in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash and the C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins folder.

5. Open Firefox, and test it on a heavy flash site like: www.halo3.com.

6. Leave it for liek 10 minutes. If no error pops up, then it's fixed :)
Deat Jr.

Re: Shockwave Illegal Operation error... (possible fix)

Post by Deat Jr. »

I'm using firefox 2. I dont see Getflash.exe in he plugins folder
yourcall

Post by yourcall »

Updating firefox to 3.0.3 completely fixed my problem.
rmrippy

Re: Found the Solution!

Post by rmrippy »

StarRuler wrote:I have found the solution to the problem. It has to do with the NPSWF32.dll file in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash and in the C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins folder.

1. Close Firefox

2. Delete NPSWF32.dll from the C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash and the C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins folder.

3. Download NPSWF32.dll from:

Code: Select all

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/download.php?npswf32download0VMhSIcEeT

4.Place the downloaded NPSWF32.dll in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash and the C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins folder.

5. Open Firefox, and test it on a heavy flash site like: http://www.halo3.com.

6. Leave it for liek 10 minutes. If no error pops up, then it's fixed :)

That worked perfectly for me with Win 98SE and FF 2. Thank you very much for the answer to over a year of frustration!

Ron
geohamm

Post by geohamm »

I have had the same illegal operation error message driving me crazy. I found a solution for mine at least. I have Win XP SP3 and Netscape 7.2 browser. I removed all Shockwave and Flash players plugins etc. I then re-installed Shockwave 11.6 and Flash 9.0.16.0. Flash is the problem child. There is something wrong with the Flash versions after 9.0.16.0. I tried several and all gave an error message. Hope this works for some.