TB V2 Beta 1 RC2 - Junk Settings in Account Setttings

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
cityfan

TB V2 Beta 1 RC2 - Junk Settings in Account Setttings

Post by cityfan »

I have all my address book entries in an LDAP that is shared across a number of users.
The "Junk Settings" within "Account Settings" for the option:
"Do not mark mail as junk if the Sender is in" .... Is not showing my LDAP address Book in the pulldown. There is no reason why it should not be. So this looks like a possible bug/oversight.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

This forum is for the test builds, not the full release versions. Moving to Thunderbird Bugs.
cityfan

Post by cityfan »

Daifne wrote:This forum is for the test builds, not the full release versions. Moving to Thunderbird Bugs.

Surely TB Version 2 Beta 1 is a Test build. This is the forum where MSCOTT is reporting the availabililty of the RC
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving back. The only version mentioned in the post when I moved it was the version in your sig.
cityfan

Post by cityfan »

Daifne wrote:Moving back. The only version mentioned in the post when I moved it was the version in your sig.

Erm no - check the title of the post itself. It clearly state TB2 Beta 1 RC 2

My sig is my production system.
mscott

Post by mscott »

Hmm, I don't think we've ever treated LDAP directories as white lists for junk mail. Might be a bit expensive to query the ldap server every time new mail arrives. Why don't you go ahead and file a bug in bugzilla and maybe a volunteer will take a look at it.
Thunderbirds are Go!
cityfan

Post by cityfan »

mscott wrote:Hmm, I don't think we've ever treated LDAP directories as white lists for junk mail. Might be a bit expensive to query the ldap server every time new mail arrives. Why don't you go ahead and file a bug in bugzilla and maybe a volunteer will take a look at it.

I can go into Address Book today and select my LDAP and over on the upper right enter a partial email address and the Address Book correctly finds all instances of that partially entered address.
Checking for a whitelist would be much the same logic but would in fact be on a complete fully qualified address - not a partial.

I just think that not providing some level of support for an LDAP is missing out on a good opportunity.
I can understand (but disappointed) that you don't write addresses to an LDAP but retrieving should be somewhat easier.

I have opened bug 363509.