Colors

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
rekab1

Colors

Post by rekab1 »

How do I get userchrome.css file to change my background and text colors, it or anything like it does
not exist in the subfolder of the profile folder
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You have to create the userChrome.css and
userContent.css files. They are not there by default.
You may have the example files userChrome-example.css and userContent-example.css in the chrome folder of your Profile Folder
(not in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile\)
You can rename those files.

You need to put website settings in userContent.css.
Which code do you want to use?
rekab1

Post by rekab1 »

I don't have the userchrome or usercontent example files in my profile folder, now what do I do
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

If you want to use the example files then you can find them in the C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile\chrome\ folder.
You can create a chrome folder in your profile (xxxxxxxx.default) folder and copy the example files to the chrome folder and rename them.
The userChrome.css needs a line at the top of the file (first line) to set the namespace:

Code: Select all

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");
You can remove the others if you like or remove the comment /* */ tags if you want to use an example.
See this for some examples: http://www.linnhe2.free-online.co.uk/fi ... hrome.html
rekab1

Post by rekab1 »

I'm kind of lost with the examples, for instance in the menu colours example do I just put the first line into
the userchrome.css file, than what do I do with it to change the colors in thunderbird?
can you give me a step by step instruction on how to add colors in background and text in thunderbird
If I had the one step by step instruction than I would know how to do the rest.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

I'm not using Tb so I can't help you with that.

If you only have questions about Thunderbird then you can ask to move your thread to the Thunderbird Support forum (this forum is for questions about Firefox).

You can do that request in this thread: Moderation Requests