Mozilla Thunderbird 2 Beta 1 Feedback Thread

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
tuckers89gw

Post by tuckers89gw »

I've been playing around with tags. If you tag something, then want to change it, you have to select remove all tags from that item, then select the new tag. That is a real pain in my opinion.

Mike
windows 2k
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061214 Thunderbird/2.0b1 ID:2006121404
Mike
"knower of Dimensions"
mscott

Post by mscott »

or you can type the # corresponding to the tag (0-9) to remove the tag, or you can select the same tag again in the context menu to effectively 'untag' it.

I think making it such that a message can only have one tag, so adding another tag automatically removes the original tag like you are suggesting is more limiting than supporting multiple tags. :)
Thunderbirds are Go!
fswl1234

Post by fswl1234 »

how can i disable "Folder Summary Popups"?
Old Jeria

Post by Old Jeria »

Don't know if this has been said already, but the search field is too small. It was bigger in 1.5. Maybe make the size depending on how big the window is? A la Firefox 2
justsmile

Post by justsmile »

Congratulation on the new beta, very clean icons, nice work!

Only small problem so far (using it with IMAP):
- new email notification: not working :-( only new mail icon in task bar
jgclark

Post by jgclark »

redhat71 wrote:how can i disable "Folder Summary Popups"?

My problem is the other way around. How do I turn them on?
fswl1234

Post by fswl1234 »

if i had to turn it on, i wouldn't have asked, would i?

it's on by default, at least that's the case here
The Ex Omega

Post by The Ex Omega »

Jeria wrote:Don't know if this has been said already, but the search field is too small. It was bigger in 1.5. Maybe make the size depending on how big the window is? A la Firefox 2

Nope. The size is fixed and it looks extremely out of place.
Ricktick

Post by Ricktick »

Hi there
have version 2 beta 1 (20061214) running on windows 98 se on an atlon 600 cpu
Have two questions relating to dictionaries and spell check
First how do I stop the spell check from sending stars and slashes in the extra spaces and things that told it to ignore so the person getting my mail sees them ????
and why must I have my dictionaries and other extentions twice in my computer once for firefox and once for thunderbird Can't they both share them ??
rodness

Post by rodness »

Maybe this has been discussed elsewhere, but are there any plans to support Growl notifications on the Mac to offer similar functionality to the new mail popup on Win?

-r
bentduus

Installing TB2 Beta 1

Post by bentduus »

Hi
Recently I installed TB 1.5 and love it. It is going to replace IncrediMail, Outlook XP (Tired of Microsoft). I just found TB2 Beta 1 and was wondering if I need to un-install TB 1.5 prior to install of Beta 1?
Bent
simon templer

striping

Post by simon templer »

Not to be a total grump, but is it possible to remove the striping. If so what might the css code be and where would I place it in to activate the change.
Thanks!
If you are afraid of looking stupid, you'll never have any fun. Albert Einstein
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

I just installed the latest nightly on a Win XP box SP2. So far, so good except that I can no longer right click on an image and save it if the image has been inserted into the message instead of being an attachment. I get the right click menu with the "Save Image" option, but nothing after that asking me where I want to save it to, or even an indication of the image being saved at all. Images sent as attachments are saved just fine. Is this a known bug or am I missing something that has changed between 1.5 and 2.0 b1?

Other than that, it's performing great!

Thanks in advance!
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong
mkmelin

Post by mkmelin »

Cato62 wrote:I just installed the latest nightly on a Win XP box SP2. So far, so good except that I can no longer right click on an image and save it if the image has been inserted into the message instead of being an attachment.

The summary may be non-obvious... but that's #333607[Thunderbird]-Download Manager: contentAreaUtils.js error when saving link target
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

mkmelin wrote:
Cato62 wrote:I just installed the latest nightly on a Win XP box SP2. So far, so good except that I can no longer right click on an image and save it if the image has been inserted into the message instead of being an attachment.

The summary may be non-obvious... but that's #333607[Thunderbird]-Download Manager: contentAreaUtils.js error when saving link target

Okay, thanks! I'll be patient for the fix.
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong