Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

BenoitRen wrote:SunCult installs fine, but doesn't seem to work well. It shows a window consisting of only a titlebar for its configuration. The Error Console shows:

Code: Select all

Warning: Event=popupshowing, use of preventBubble() is deprecated. Use W3C standard stopPropagation() instead.
Source File: chrome://navigator/content/navigator.xul
Line: 0
This is still a warning on 1.0.x. It's enforced on trunk where preventBubble is a NO-OP. I have no idea about SeaMonkey 1.1.

By the way another oddity. Sun Cult doesn't take into account that the suite has both a browser component and a mailnews component (it works with both Firefox and Thunderbird). Move the suncult button from the default location in navigator. Then move the suncult button from the default location in mailnews (you have to close navigator first). When you reopen a navigator window, the button is back in the default location (status bar) in both.

Phil
Last edited by Philip Chee on December 17th, 2006, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

DerBaer wrote:undoclosetab
This function now exists on the trunk. I'm not sure if SeaMonkey 1.1b has it. Multizilla also does unclose tab.

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Just a note. I've been spending a bit too much time lately porting firefox extensions. And I've just contributed a bunch of bugfixes to Tagzilla (please do check this extension out) in order to get it into working condition again and usable on both SeaMonkey and Thunderbird. But in the meantime, I've been neglecting xSidebar and Flashblock. I really need to spend some time on both - more features for xSidebar and Flashblock; and clearing up the backlog of bug reports on Flashblock.

So I hope you'll understand if I'm not as responsive when it comes to porting Firefox extensions as you've come to expect.

Phil
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

Paste Email - needed an install.js and a modification in the contents.rdf used for the skin
Sun Cult - needed prefs registration in install.js, depends on xSidebar due to the use of <prefwindow>

Restart Firefox installs, but when I try to use it, it just shuts down SeaMonkey.
This function now exists on the trunk. I'm not sure if SeaMonkey 1.1b has it.

It doesn't. Attempts to make it work on branch caused severe leaking, I heard. It didn't make it.
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

FareCompare - needed an install.js, and modifications to the regular contents.rdf and the one for the skin. I never got a feed, though. Maybe I needed to wait longer.

Fission needs to be modified to use SeaMonkey's autocomplete instead of the one it uses in Firefox. If you try to install it, your location bar disappears.

UndoCloseTab doesn't work. Even older versions that are supposedly compatible with Mozilla don't. The current version probably doesn't because of the different tabbrowser implementation.

Installing miniT Tabscroll after doing the necessary modifications doesn't give an error, but it doesn't register itself. Weird.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to clear out my chrome.rdf...
lostnihilist

Post by lostnihilist »

sessionsaver comes with a feature for to "snapback tab" it's like undoclosetab. Got a history (by default 7). Use it via the tools menu.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

BenoitRen wrote:Fission needs to be modified to use SeaMonkey's autocomplete instead of the one it uses in Firefox. If you try to install it, your location bar disappears.
The SM trunk autocomplete supports Firefox syntax. xSidebar implements the trunk autocomplete.xml binding so I wonder if this extension will work if xSidebar is also installed.

Phil
h8uthemost

Post by h8uthemost »

BenoitRen wrote:
Paste Email

Paste Email is working just great for me Benoit. I really can't thank you enough.

And on a side note: I really do appreciate the work you've done for me, and the work you've done to make this browser just that much better. I really appreciate you porting over Gamefox. That was a huge one for me. That was the only extension I would have to open Firefox for. And now that you ported it over to Seamonkey, I can finally uninstall that browser from my computer.

I won't request any more extensions to be ported. It seems like you guys have enough to do with all the other requests that have been posted(I don't want to bother you with anymore). I'll just wait until a porting tutorial is made, and then port the extensions that I need myself.

Thanks again
DerBaer

Post by DerBaer »

Thank You BenoitRen and Philip Chee for your efforts.

@BenoitRen
Can you send me miniT Tabscroll (even if it doesn't work)?
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

http://users.skynet.be/fa258499/extensi ... scroll.xpi

All my work, whether it works or not, is uploaded in that folder. Too bad my ISP doesn't allow directory listings. Generally, you'll be able to nab an extension by typing in what the file is called on its official site/AMO but without the version number.

BackToTop - needed an install.js, and a modification to the skin's contents.rdf. Works great, but you have to make sure that the focus is on the content view, or it doesn't work. If focus is on a textbox on a page, it won't work.

ProfilePassword for Firefox installs, but gives you an XUL error after restarting. It fails to load the overlay file. I found some bad references to JavaScript files in it, so I corrected them, but still no dice.
FareCompare - needed an install.js, and modifications to the regular contents.rdf and the one for the skin. I never got a feed, though. Maybe I needed to wait longer.

It just occurred to me that Firefox implements RSS feed functionality through Live Bookmarks. Maybe it depends upon that. I'd love someone to prove me wrong by posting that the extension works fine, though.
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

miniT Tabscroll now installs properly! The contents.rdf file had non-closing start tag because of a missing > character. How silly. I must have removed it along with the couple last lines that didn't apply to the extension.

Anyway, it needed an install.js, and a contents.rdf. The extension originally wasn't packaged in a .jar file, was just minit.xul (along with install files). Instead of thinking how to alter the install.js for that, I made a .jar and put a copy of minit.xul and the contents.rdf in there.

The link to the extension is in my previous post, if you hadn't noticed. Yes, I uploaded the fixed version. ;)
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

BenoitRen wrote:The contents.rdf file had non-closing start tag because of a missing > character. How silly. I must have removed it along with the couple last lines that didn't apply to the extension.
Heh. I did that a couple of times too when first starting out.
BenoitRen wrote:The extension originally wasn't packaged in a .jar file, was just minit.xul (along with install files). Instead of thinking how to alter the install.js for that, I made a .jar and put a copy of minit.xul and the contents.rdf in there.
Yeah, I've repackaged extensions into JARs too. Less messy. But eventually I bit the bullet and wrote: install-flat-template.js. But it's not as well tested as the normal install.js template.

By the way there is another file in that download directory called mod-notes which is a summary of changes I made to all the modified extensions there. I also have detailed diff files of each mod but I didn't want to clutter up the CVS with them. Perhaps I should ZIP them up into one file then upload.

Phil
DJGM

Post by DJGM »

Would anyone mind having a go at converting a Firefox toolbar I made some time ago to be
compatible with SeaMonkey. I've tried various methods to do it myself, but since I'm not
proficient with writing XUL code, each attempt failed miserably.

I created the original toolbar using ToolbarStudio, which builds IE toolbar, then used their
convertor tool to make it compatible with Ffx, but I'd like it to have SM compatibility too.

The installer page is here, or go here to download the XPI file directly.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
-----------------------------
SeaMonkey is like a Swiss Army knife: Versatile and dependable, with many useful tools.
Internet Explorer is like really, really, very old Swiss cheese: Full of holes, and it stinks!
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

DJGM wrote:Would anyone mind having a go at converting a Firefox toolbar I made some time ago to be compatible with SeaMonkey. I've tried various methods to do it myself, but since I'm not proficient with writing XUL code, each attempt failed miserably.

I created the original toolbar using ToolbarStudio, which builds IE toolbar, then used their convertor tool to make it compatible with Ffx, but I'd like it to have SM compatibility too.

The installer page is here, or go here to download the XPI file directly.
I seem to remember helping you out with this toolbar sometime back, or was it someone else. Anyway I'll have another look RSN.

Cheers.

Phil
DJGM

Post by DJGM »

I've just searched out the resulting files I created based upon what I'd already done with the
publically released version for Firefox. The first test build made for SM appears to install, but
doesn't show up anywhere on the browser UI. The second test build also installs OK and
shows up as it does in Ffx, but doesn't have an entry in the View - Show/Hide menu.

I've uploaded the test builds for ... Test build 1 ... Test build 2 ... to my website.

Another bug that's appeared since I built the toolbar, and this is in both the public build
made for Ffx, and the test builds for SM is due to a needless webserver config change
that my the company hosting my website implemented, but failed to tell me about.

When the browser is restarted for the first time after the toolbar is installed, it should
go directly to http://djgm.co.uk/ ... but now they've made that variation of the URL
invalid with this config change which means www. must always be typed as part
of the web address. Since I'd set all links in the toolbar that go to my website,
to not use the www. prefix, it now redirects here instead.

That's basically the main reason why I put the entire toolbar project on hiatus for a while.
-----------------------------
SeaMonkey is like a Swiss Army knife: Versatile and dependable, with many useful tools.
Internet Explorer is like really, really, very old Swiss cheese: Full of holes, and it stinks!