[Ext] Yahoo Mail Notifier 1.0.7.3 - discussion

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
cheeyangt

Post by cheeyangt »

i didnt setup master password, therefore, i wasnt prompted for this password. as for yahoo password, whenever i restart firefox, i get a Yahoo! Mail Login dialog box, where i have to enter the password (username is already listed there) and click OK to login. The "Remember password..." and "Set as default username" checkboxes are already selected.

btw, i'm using firefox 2.0.
cheeyangt

Post by cheeyangt »

i didnt setup master password, therefore, i wasnt prompted for master password. everytime i restart ff, i got the Yahoo! Mail Login dialog box where i was prompted to enter the password, but the username is already listed there and the "Remember password..." and "Set as default username" checkboxes are selected.
cheeyangt

Post by cheeyangt »

btw, i even tried with the new profile and the same problem occurs.
cheeyangt

Post by cheeyangt »

i think i might have solved the problem.

i think the problem is solved because i set the clear private data upon closing of ff, and one of the item selected is saved password. so when i close ff, the saved password is deleted, and therefore, prompted for password for yahoo upon restart of ff.
steelcaress

Not logging me in.

Post by steelcaress »

Yahoo Mail Notifier is not working, a first for me. It's a beautiful extension and I got very used to clicking to go straight to my Yahoo mail without logging in.

Until this morning.

I awoke to find a zillion messages saying it couldn't log in. After clicking OK to all of them, I dutifully tried to log in manually. I failed. Told me there was no such account. Once I cleared up that problem (for some reason it wouldn't let me log in under a sub-account this morning), Ymail Notifier still wouldn't let me in. I have to log in every time.

I wonder if it's Yahoo?
Morac

Post by Morac »

It could be Yahoo.
When you say a bunch of messages, where they all popups from Ymail Notifier? I don't think YMail Notifier has a "no such account" error message.

Try going directly to http://www.yahoo.com and logging in there.
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

Morac,

Is there a way to change the color of the number displayed to the right of the toolbar or statusbar button?

Thanks in advance!
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong
Morac

Post by Morac »

There's no way to do so using the extension, but you can modify the userChrome.css file in the Chrome directory in your profile. For example to make the numbers red add:

#ym-notifier-statusbar-item > .statusbarpanel-text {
color: red;
}

#ymail-emailnum {
color: red;
}

Change the text "red" to whatever color you want.
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

Perfect! That did the trick! Thank you very much, Morac.
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong
medosa

Post by medosa »

i wish i can use this extension to check multiple yahoo Accounts

I want to Check Multiple Yahoo Accounts
qprfact

YMail - new tab?

Post by qprfact »

Great extension, but is there a way of making YMail always open in a new tab rather than re-using the most recent one?

(Sure there is, but I can't work it out!)

Thanks!
Nicky5

Post by Nicky5 »

Hello,

YMN recovers the number again message and not the number of message not read ???

Is what this functionality will appear one day ?

Thanks
sandycis

Yahoo Mail Notifier

Post by sandycis »

I like this extension, but the icon in the status bar always says 0 and never tells me when I have new mail... I sent myself something and it never showed up as me having new messages.

I have logged out and logged in and checked, but it never tells me anything.

It has worked 1 time. and I have never seen it work again.

The notifier toolbar says I have 2 new messages, but the notifier in the status bar says 0

How can I make this work for me.

Sandy
sandycis

Yahoo Mail Notifier

Post by sandycis »

Morac,

If you read this, I installed the mail notifier along with the e-mail notifier toolbar at work. I have this at home and it is now working fine after I had to tweek a few things. The notifier at work always says 0 and the toolbar will say I have 3 new messages. I tested it today and sent myself 2 messages and the notifier in the status bar still said I had 0 new messages.
How do I get this to work on my computer at work...

Thank you for your help in advance.

Sandy
denisa

Feature request for Yahoo Mail Notifier Add-on

Post by denisa »

Morac,

First off, thanks for your excellent Yahoo Mail Notifier Add-on for Firefox. I've been using it for a few months now (currently on version 0.9.9.4) and it works great.

I would like to make a feature request, and I apologize ahead of time if this has already been requested. I scanned the mozillaZine forum, but there are so many entries for YMN that it was difficult to tell if someone has already asked for this feature or not.

I have YMN configured to open a new tab when I click the mail icon in the status bar. This always opens a new tab, even if I already have a tab opened to the Yahoo! Mail page. Would it be possible for you to change YMN so that it only opens a new tab if one is not already opened on the Yahoo! Mail page? Perhaps you could keep the current behavior, but support a new option in the "Opens Yahoo! Mail in..." drop down list such as "Existing Yahoo! Mail tab, otherwise new tab".

Regards,
Denis