The Official Win32 20061221 [Trunk] build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

Firefox Bugsday, every tuesday from 11-13(Japan), 18-20(Europe) and 23-01(Americas) utc

The Official Win32 ..... builds are out , RSS feed.
IRC channels: #firefox || #spreadfirefox || #bugs

Previous nightly 20061220 Trunk

Hourly Trunk builds:
argo-vm-trunk (Lin) || XSERVE06 (Mac) || fx-win32-tbox (Win) || Trunk Tinderbox || Trunk Bonsai
NEW All fx-win32-tbox (Win) hourly builds for the last 7 days NEW

Last update: 2006-12-21 -- 05:50 PST = 13:50 UTC (all check-ins since the latest nightly included)

Fixed:
  1. #326854[Core:XPConnect]-expose btoa and atob to JS components [All]
  2. #334261[Core:JavaScript Engine]-Avoid creating unnecessary objects for primitives [All]
  3. #355120[Firefox:RSS Discovery and Preview]-Move default feed reader code to shellsvc [All]
  4. #358456[Firefox:RSS Discovery and Preview]-Feed preview should include pubDate of each entry [All]
  5. #363446[Core:Embedding: GTK Widget]-EmbedPrivate::ScrollToSelectedNode doesn't initialize rv if !aDOMNode [Sun]
  6. #363512[Firefox:Search]-remove base-64 encoding functions in favor of built-ins [All]
  7. #364017[Core:JavaScript Engine]-Assertion failure: map->vector && i <map>length, at jsatom.c:919 [Lin]
  8. #364350[Core:JavaScript Engine]-free unitialized memory from js_DestroyRegExp in OOM conditions [Win]
  9. #364413[Core:DOM: Core]-Related node on DOMAttrModified listener isn't the same as attr node set by SetAttributeNodeNS [All]

Partial Landings/WIPs/Incoming:
  1. #363536[Core:JavaScript Engine]-Combine JSOP_THIS and JSOP_GETPROP, e.g., for faster instance var access [All]
  2. #364264[Core:JavaScript Engine]-Assertion failure: pcdepth >= 0, at jsopcode.c:4737 - failure to handle JSOP_TRAP in js_DecompileValueGenerator [Win]
  3. #352788[Core:JavaScript Engine]-API to control generator close hooks [All]
  4. #363528[Core:Layout]-[FIX][reflow branch] scrollbar overlaps text in Modern theme when shrink-wrapping [All]
  5. #364158[Core:Plug-ins]-New version of JEP (0.9.6), please land on trunk and branches [Mac]
  6. #363529[Core:JavaScript Engine]-Optimize JS bytecodes [All]

Regressions/Annoying/Common bugs:
  1. #324819[Core:Layout]-Fixed positioned elements now lag/flicker when scrolling (regression from bug 317375) [Win]
  2. #332965[Firefox:Places]-Show dialog when adding new Live Bookmark [Win]
  3. #336990[Firefox:Places]-Choosing delete on bookmarks toolbar deletes everything there indeed (incl. bookmarks toolbar folder) [All]
  4. #345950[Firefox:Tabbed Browser]-Provide a browser.tabs.tabMaxWidth [Win]
  5. #347754[Firefox:Toolbars]-make the go button optional in the default theme [All]
  6. #359769[Core:Layout]-[reflow branch] huge white space on the page [All]
  7. #363934[Firefox:Tabbed Browser]-keyboard tab bar naviagtion broken [Win]
  8. #364018[Firefox:Bookmarks]-cannot drag and drop url from location bar or webpage to bookmark toolbar. [Win]
  9. #352420[Firefox:General]-Vista Support Tracking Bug [Vista]
  10. Memory leaks: list of known issues/David Baron's issues
  11. THEBES (Cairo):list of open bugs
  12. PLACES:list of open bugs

To copy your useragent+buildtime to clipboard, use the Nightly Tester Tools extension.
Get the Update Channel Selector extension to update nightly builds.
Get more out of the Javascript Console, see this page for Console²
If you're a daily tester then backup the valuable data in your profile!

Trunk fixes since branching for 1.5 (20050812) = ~6958

Roadmap: Gecko 1.9 alpha2 [jan 2007], Firefox 3.0 [Q3 2007]
Milestones: Gran Paradiso 3.0a1, 20061208

ps: don't get too attached to your favorite theme or extension, this is trunk, things break here all the time.
Last edited by Peter(6) on December 21st, 2006, 8:34 am, edited 7 times in total.
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
jmontana

Post by jmontana »

CrazyFred wrote:Hotmail sets <code>autocomplete="off"</code> on the password field, which tells the browser to not store the password. I don't think Gmail does this, but Hotmail/MS Passport has been doing it for ages.

You can override the HTML with Jesse's <a href="http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password">Remember Password</a> bookmarklet.

Which seems like a great idea, but because of bug 364018, I can't add that bookmarklet to my Bookmarks toolbar. I also can't seem to add a new Bookmark with its Javascript code.

Any ideas on how to work around that?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a2pre) Gecko/20061220 Minefield/3.0a2pre ID:2006122004 [cairo]
david5717

Post by david5717 »

Peter, as a courtesy you might want to obfuscate the E-mail address in fixed bugs entry 10 in yesterday's thread.
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

david5717 wrote:Peter, as a courtesy you might want to obfuscate the E-mail address in fixed bugs entry 10 in yesterday's thread.
oops, didn't realise that would be linkyfied. removed, thanks
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

jmontana wrote:
CrazyFred wrote:Hotmail sets <code>autocomplete="off"</code> on the password field, which tells the browser to not store the password. I don't think Gmail does this, but Hotmail/MS Passport has been doing it for ages.

You can override the HTML with Jesse's <a href="http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password">Remember Password</a> bookmarklet.

Which seems like a great idea, but because of bug 364018, I can't add that bookmarklet to my Bookmarks toolbar. I also can't seem to add a new Bookmark with its Javascript code.

Any ideas on how to work around that?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a2pre) Gecko/20061220 Minefield/3.0a2pre ID:2006122004 [cairo]
Create a regular bookmark (bookmark this page)
move it to the bookmarks toolbar
in properties replace the url with the javascript of the bookmarklet and change the title to whatever you want
done...
jmontana

Post by jmontana »

Peter(6) wrote:Create a regular bookmark (bookmark this page)
move it to the bookmarks toolbar
in properties replace the url with the javascript of the bookmarklet and change the title to whatever you want
done...

Weird. I tried that yesterday, and it refused to save the bookmark ("Bookmark this page" wasn't working for me at all - I thought it might be tied to the same bug.) Tried it now, and it worked.

Thanks, Peter.
nrthomas

Post by nrthomas »

ftp.mozilla.org isn't updating at the moment, perhaps because of the load from the yesterday's releases. It's currently a couple of hours behind the master server, you can track it using <a href="https://nagios.mozilla.org/nagios/ftplag/10.2.74.11-ftp-daily.png">this graph</a> (guest/guest for username/password if required).
Lost User 24926

Post by Lost User 24926 »

trolly

Post by trolly »

@crazyfred: That's the cause why i can not get any partials?
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
Andu

Post by Andu »

There is a complete mar file. Just the partial is missing.
mmortal03

Post by mmortal03 »

"Hotmail sets autocomplete="off" on the password field, which tells the browser to not store the password. I don't think Gmail does this, but Hotmail/MS Passport has been doing it for ages. You can override the HTML with Jesse's Remember Password bookmarklet."

Right, however, that hasn't stopped their cookie feature from "saving" the password for ages. Now that doesn't work anymore.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

So Hotmail must have a cookie issue? Check the Cookie Manager and see when the cookie is set to expire, your exceptions list or maybe you have a cookie managing extension setting a permission like 'Allow for Session only'. Short of that, do you use (auto)Clear Private Data at all? Actually I'm not even sure the cookie "saved" the password for other than that session. I know there was a default setting somewhere in Hotmail to timeout the email session after a certain period of inactivity. Plus, hitting the signout button will erase your cookie. Sorry if this is all obvious stuff you tried/knew.

So, what's going on? Hotmail's in the process of releasing their beta Windows Live crap so this must be a sign of the transition taking place. Try the password manager unless you're saying Password Manager ain't working for you anymore? And, you said you first noticed this w/ this past week's builds, so you could backtrack and go to the week before that and confirm. B/c someone else noted earlier the same problem in IE:
SKApretto n.71 wrote:
mmortal03 wrote:With at least the last week of Trunk builds, Hotmail.com no longer remembers your password, only your email address, even if you choose to have it remember both. I couldn't find a bug report on this. Can anyone else confirm it? Thanks
Here it happens even with Internet Explorer. May be related to the site and not the browser.
So...
Current: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2pre) Gecko/2007112000 Minefield/3.0b2pre
For kicks: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6
mmortal03

Post by mmortal03 »

oldtimer wrote:So Hotmail must have a cookie issue? Check the Cookie Manager and see when the cookie is set to expire, your exceptions list or maybe you have a cookie managing extension setting a permission like 'Allow for Session only'. Short of that, do you use (auto)Clear Private Data at all? Actually I'm not even sure the cookie "saved" the password for other than that session. I know there was a default setting somewhere in Hotmail to timeout the email session after a certain period of inactivity. Plus, hitting the signout button will erase your cookie. Sorry if this is all obvious stuff you tried/knew.

So, what's going on? Hotmail's in the process of releasing their beta Windows Live crap so this must be a sign of the transition taking place. Try the password manager unless you're saying Password Manager ain't working for you anymore? And, you said you first noticed this w/ this past week's builds, so you could backtrack and go to the week before that and confirm. B/c someone else noted earlier the same problem in IE:
SKApretto n.71 wrote:
mmortal03 wrote:With at least the last week of Trunk builds, Hotmail.com no longer remembers your password, only your email address, even if you choose to have it remember both. I couldn't find a bug report on this. Can anyone else confirm it? Thanks
Here it happens even with Internet Explorer. May be related to the site and not the browser.
So...

Yeah, I have heard all that stuff before, however, it got me thinking, and I figured it out. Microsoft has the cookie originating from a domain name other than hotmail.com now with all their changes taking place, and I had the setting to accept cookies from the originating page only. So the trick is to set network.cookie.cookieBehavior to 0, go to hotmail.com and set it, and then set network.cookie.cookieBehavior back to 1.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

^ :D
jayramj wrote:
kryptonite wrote:2) Deleting urls from the url bar no longer works. To experience: Open a new tab and try to delete old urls. Close tab, re-open and they're back.

Doesnt look to be on high priority

I seem to remember this being an issue right after Places was activated in February and parts of it were recently turned on for History. So I'm guessing this is a result of that. Pretty sure that bug mentions Places too. But if it's not [a places issue], I do remember a bug about this from '04...

wgianopoulos wrote:
oldtimer wrote:Brian, per the blue indicator/focus ring issue, yeah my exact thoughts. But you beat me to it.

I'm getting the Help > About blue indicator for default button on 1.5.0.6. And, another place where you might notice this is upon entering 'Options', the OK button at the bottom is blue indicated at all times. So... I haven't used 2.0 final at all or these newer nightly builds, so I have no clue if the current UI does the blue indicator thing in 'Options'.

I could imagine it taking a little getting used to for some, but its fine. Not really an eye sore.

Edit: Found more things w/ blue indicator: Save Page/Image As dialog box, Open File dialog box...

OK. So the problem is that a button which designates the action to be performed when you press the enter key looks too much like a button that has focus and designates the action to be performed when you press the spacebar..

Nice catch on the spacebar, didn't know that. I think that should be fixed.

But you know what? I'm kind of feeling like a dummy here for not picking up on polidobj's 'well, it's blue in my theme' reference. Wasn't til later today I was in a Windows system dialog, and looked at the 'OK' button and went damnnnnn, it's blue! Try the Win+Pause key combo, for example. So it's Windows Luna theme doing all this crap and it applies it almost everywhere...

I remember not being content w/ the orange 'active' color on a selected tab or while mousing over one. Much less the orange mouseover highlights for dialog buttons both in the UI and on the web.

Hmmm. Are there any plans to stray from utilizing Windows Luna w/o changing from the default theme?
Current: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2pre) Gecko/2007112000 Minefield/3.0b2pre
For kicks: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6
canuckerfan

Post by canuckerfan »

did native theme rendering land for the branch? or is it still in the pipes?