email on a PDA (Sony Clie)

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
anniebluesky

email on a PDA (Sony Clie)

Post by anniebluesky »

I have just discovered Thunderbird after many years of OE. Needless to say, I love it. I have been playing with it to make it suit my needs, and so far so good....until a few minutes ago. I put my Clie in the cradle and hotsynced. I got this message:

"-- iambic Mail
Synchronization failed. Mozilla Thunderbird is not supported email client and it is most probable reason of the failed synchronization.
iambic Mail synchronization failed"

Is there a way to configure Thunderbird to sync with my Clie so I can carry my email with me?

peace...
annie
peace...
annie
Nate1861

Post by Nate1861 »

Thunderbird cannot sync with Palms yet, but Mozilla can.
--delete-me-

Will mozilla work with Microsoft ActiveSync

Post by --delete-me- »

-
Last edited by --delete-me- on June 12th, 2017, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nate1861

Post by Nate1861 »

Never heard of it.
--delete-me-

Post by --delete-me- »

-
Last edited by --delete-me- on June 12th, 2017, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GinoCyber

Post by GinoCyber »

Nate1861

Post by Nate1861 »

From what I understand Mozilla can only sync with Palm OS.
ktoosh

Post by ktoosh »

Mozilla and TB (there is an extension being worked on in <a href=http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=214407>bug 214407</a>) can only sync with a Palm PDA on the Windows Platform at the moment. The sync is also only for the address book. There is no sync of e-mail messages.
buckminster

Post by buckminster »

Will this extension only work with the trunk or can it work with 0.3 (anyone tried yet)?

EDIT- Actually, I answered my own question (after backing up my profile first). The xpi doesn't install correctly (failes to register PalmSyncProxy.dll), but if you run PalmSyncInstall.exe on its own afterward, you can sycnhronize your TB 0.3 addressbook with your Palm!

I had to clean up my addressbooks first to make a "clean" synchronized copy on both and I haven't done much experimentation so far, but so far it appears to be working.
GinoCyber

Post by GinoCyber »

Me be happier than a pig in poo :banana:

Using tb.03, I got the same as you buckminster. I had to manually run the palmsync exe file.

I then tried the same xpi with tb .04a and had no problems by just installing the xpi.

I just have a cheap M100 model but it works fine.
Nate1861

Post by Nate1861 »

You guys used the palmsyncinstall.exe that's in the Mozilla directory?
GinoCyber

Post by GinoCyber »

Nope not Mozilla, it's in the TB directory. The exe gets installed after installing teh xpi via TB extension installer.
GinoCyber

Post by GinoCyber »

Humpf, something strange is happening now. After the initial install, I had the following options in the hot sync conduit:

syncronize the files
do nothing
handeld overwrites desktop
desktop overwrites handheld

No for no reason, I only get the following options:

syncronize the files
do nothing

Needless to say, "syncronize the files" is useless.

If it means anything, I am using the hot sync conduit that comes with palm desktop 4.1.
Nate1861

Post by Nate1861 »

Synchronize the files should be the correct option. It's just a bit tricky to get it hot sinking correctly to begin with, not sure if it's related to contact group names or what. Once you get it working the first time, it's cake from then on.
GinoCyber

Post by GinoCyber »

Hmmm,

"syncronize the files" option is giving me double entries on my pda. That's why I prefer the option I had originally -> desktop overwrites handheld.

I have the Palm M100 pda and in there, I have no option to delete duplicates.

If I re-install the palm desktop, then I get all 4 options for the address book sync. Now for some reason, I can't get TB to put in the option "desktop overwrites handheld."

I'll keep fiddling around with various combinations of installs and see if I can get back those 4 options.