The connection was reset...

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
xGuest

The connection was reset...

Post by xGuest »

When I am trying to access a certain website, I keep getting:

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

-I have asked several friends to access this page (they do not use Mozilla and have the same isp) and they tell me they have no problem.
-My internet is connected and everything works except that site.
-No sites have been blocked.

There would be days when it would work perfectly fine then the next few days, it won't work at all.

Is there a way to fix this?
NewMozUser29A

Post by NewMozUser29A »

Your connection to that server is dropping. Open multiple tabs then surf to that one and compare. Having the same ISP as someone else is irrelevant unless you are *all* travelling down the *same* actual line.
babszbyrne

Post by babszbyrne »

I am haveing the same problem and it is getting really annoying. I constatnly have to reload and this is taking too much time! Anyone have the solution
stygiis

Post by stygiis »

I have the same issue. It happens all of the time on certain pages such as HP sites. When ever I try to download drivers or software from any part of their site I get the error from the first post.

If I open the same pages in Internet Explorer they load just fine.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

That message is originating from the server on the other site: Fx won't disconnect.
IE might (re)try just a bit harder then Fx and reopen the closed connection.
It's also possible that your ISP has problems and is not able to keep the connection: it takes too much time and the server on the other side timesout and disconnects.
adwaniauto

the conection to the server reset while the pagewas loading

Post by adwaniauto »

PLEASE SUGEST THE SOLUTION
Plankwing

Same Server, Different Results

Post by Plankwing »

I have the same intermittent problem -- "The connection was reset ..." blah, blah. I have seven web sites, all on the same host. Some will always load with Fx; others are intermittent, loading sometimes and returning this error message other times. Three computers in our local net, two don't have Fx, only Mo browser. Three browsers on the one I am at. The others will always open the sites, Mo and IE on mine will always open the sites; only Fx has the problem. What gives with this?!

Post by 550541 »

so has anyone found a fix for this? mine just started doing this on monday. it's driving me nuts. telling me why it does it is no good, i need to know if there's a fix since it never did it before....i hate using IE so this is quite annoying.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

The solution is to contact your ISP and ask them if they can determine what is causing the problem? As dickvl said "That message is originating from the server on the other site: Fx won't disconnect. " There have been a lot of people reporting this error message in relation to Yahoo today.
cool hand

Connection was reset.

Post by cool hand »

Please help with the following error:

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I have verified all firewall and connection settings. This error is received randomly when accessing certain pages. All firefox versions 2.0 and higher generate the above error. However, 1.5.0.9 works great with no problems. I've tried all the about: config fixes with no success. I've really dug into this issue and still have no answers to resolve this problem. IE runs these sites great and firefox bugs out. Whoever recommended that it was an ISP problem, I have a question for you. How then does firefox 1.5.0.9 and .10 work fine but 2.0 and higher throw the error. Something in firefox 2.0 has problems and needs immediate attention. Please it's not a firewall issue. I've seen other IT pros post the same problem and still no answers are generated.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

DanRaisch wrote:The solution is to contact your ISP and ask them if they can determine what is causing the problem? As dickvl said "That message is originating from the server on the other site: Fx won't disconnect. " There have been a lot of people reporting this error message in relation to Yahoo today.

<b>In other words, the Web site is hanging up on you. Ask the Webmaster why.</b>
GeorgeBettye

The connection to the server was reset while the page was lo

Post by GeorgeBettye »

It appears that many others are having the same problem. I have almost two identical systems and one alwasy fails while the other one never fails. The failing system, so far, only fails on a https website and it appears that the certificate is never sent or is denied. I am just guessing on this statement. On the failing system, IE does access every time without any problem.

The certificate is available on the failing system. (Equifax Business)

I don't know of another website that uses the same certificate, if I did, I would try it.
GeorgeBettye

Post by GeorgeBettye »

I cleared all my private data, including the authenticated sessions, and then restarted Firefox, and it was able to access the website. I tried several times and it never failed. Let's hope I don't have the problem again. I now clear all that data whenever I close Firefox.
Cool Hand

I May of Found the Culprit, Disable TLS

Post by Cool Hand »

I have been having problems accessing a specific Https site. I get the annoying "Connection was reset" error. This error is generated when using ff 2.0 and higher. However, after reverting back to 1.5.10-11,because 2.0.0-3 was bombing out, users began complaining that the specific https site was having problems. It appeared when they click on a link the page would do nothing and said that it was done loading. So at that time both ff 2.0.0.3 and ff 1.5.11 were dead. So I began looking into the options and found that if you uncheck TLS 1.0 in tools- options-advanced-encryption tab the site loads wonderfully. I just want to know if this is a safe fix and will not open the browser for vulnerability. This fix appears to work in 1.5. 10-11 and 2.0.0-3. I would like to verfiy this fix with firefox and hear back from their support.
mperloe

Post by mperloe »

winsockxpfix.exe corrected the problem for me.