Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
DJGM

Post by DJGM »

Philip Chee wrote:I've uploaded a modified version here:
http://www.mytempdir.com/1123064
In SeaMonkey there should now be a menu entry under View->Show/Hide.

A slight problem has arisen ... while it now shows up as an entry in the View - Show/Hide
menu, for some reason, I can't get the toolbar to hide when I click it's entry in the menu.
-----------------------------
SeaMonkey is like a Swiss Army knife: Versatile and dependable, with many useful tools.
Internet Explorer is like really, really, very old Swiss cheese: Full of holes, and it stinks!
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

DJGM wrote:A slight problem has arisen ... while it now shows up as an entry in the View - Show/Hide menu, for some reason, I can't get the toolbar to hide when I click it's entry in the menu.
There was a typo in the generated code. I've fixed it here:
http://www.mytempdir.com/1126817

Phil
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

AutoLogin doesn't seem to work in SeaMonkey. It installs, but there's no way to reach your settings, even through the location bar, and it breaks the Back and Forward buttons.

@Philip Chee
I have applied your fixes. :)
I had seen the inconsistent pref reference before, but didn't think it mattered to SeaMonkey.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

BenoitRen wrote:AutoLogin doesn't seem to work in SeaMonkey. It installs, but there's no way to reach your settings, even through the location bar, and it breaks the Back and Forward buttons.

@Philip Chee
I had seen the inconsistent pref reference before, but didn't think it mattered to SeaMonkey.
It doesn't matter to SeaMonkey, but xSidebar picks this up. I think this attribute was used in Phoenix/Firebird before it acquired an extension manager. I kept seeing this in extensions that date back to those days, so I thought I'd leverage on this. You could try doing the same for AutoLogin and use xSidebar to access its preference dialog :)

Phil
vladmir

Post by vladmir »

BenoitRen
See my extensions list.

As for your variant it works (only rightclicking status button gives strange window).

Well I've read a lot of advises to use Video Downloader for saving swf (flashes) from pages and yes Video Downloader saves swf. But as I see now Video Downloader can catch only swf linked in HTML.
I am interested in saving all swf in pages like this:
http://www.visionagecontest.com/nav_index.shtml

Video Downloader can't do that.
And I tried last days Download Embedded, Ook? Video Ook!, DownThemAll! with no result too...
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

vladmir wrote:BenoitRen
See my extensions list.
As for your variant it works (only rightclicking status button gives strange window).
It's a <prefwindow> dialog. SeaMonkey doesn't support this natively, but if you install xSidebar, the preference settings window will open properly.

Phil
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

Indeed. I did note the xSidebar dependency on my page.

View Formatted Source = ViewSourceWith ? If so, complain to the author, as it's supposed to be compatible with SeaMonkey.

CacheViewer - install.js, plus a contents.rdf. It works, and is, in my opinion, quite neat. :) However, reaching the extension's interface and its settings requires using the location bar to input the appropriate URL. :(
Interface: chrome://cacheviewer/content/cacheviewer.xul
Settings: chrome://cacheviewer/content/cacheviewerOptions.xul

I'd better hack in menu overlays or something when I learn how to do it so this isn't needed.
Last edited by BenoitRen on December 23rd, 2006, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vladmir

Post by vladmir »

Philip Chee
but if you install xSidebar

Philip, your xSidebar is the best xSidebar in the world :) but I like traditional sidebar.
BenoitRen
I did note the xSidebar dependency on my page.

I was wrong.
View Formatted Source = ViewSourceWith ?

No.
ViewSourceWith is good when you want to change code in text editor. It launches external editors.
View Formatted Source is good when you want to understand where is what in code. It works itself. It's advanced View Source.
it's supposed to be compatible with SeaMonkey

Yes, I use ViewSourceWith every day.

Code: Select all

http://users.skynet.be/fa258499/extensions/cacheviewer.xpi

http://errors.skynet.be/404.html?url=ht ... viewer.xpi
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

File Title doesn't work. A shame, I liked the idea myself. :(

Download Embedded - needed an install.js, a regular contents.rdf, and a skin contents.rdf. It works, however, when installed, the Download Manager, Error Console (JavaScript Console) and the Java Console can't be called anymore. Even though when you want to download something through the extension, it pops open both a save file dialog, and the Download Manager.

Performancing - needed an install.js, a regular contents.rdf, a skin contents.rdf, and a contents.rdf for each locale. Seems to work fine, but I haven't tested it much.
View Formatted Source = ViewSourceWith ?

No.

The link you had provided led to ViewSourceWith, though. Anyway, found it. Will hack it later tonight.
(404 error link here)

Grr, damn case-sensitive server. Fixed.

By the way, I just noticed that linked from here, it doesn't lead to an install dialog. I hope it doesn't confuse anyone...
Old Jaisen

Post by Old Jaisen »

I tried installing customize google from the link Benoit provided but it gives me a menu popup on the buttom of my screen and the extension doesn't seem fully functional. Also, thanks for looking at auto-login, I'm sad to hear it doesn't work...

Cheers
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

I'd guess that your SeaMonkey is detecting the syntax error that makes mine crash on exit. It worked otherwise, though.

View formatted source - it had an old install.js that I wasn't sure would work, so I gave it a new one. The contents.rdf was fine, but didn't have all the information that install.rdf provided, so I added to it.

The pt-BR locale was referenced as pt in its contents.rdf, so I fixed that. Not sure if it made any difference in the end. The extension selected the Polish locale for en-US, though! This is because the contents.rdf file for pl-PL referenced en-US. Fixed. Note that the Polish locale isn't advertised on the extensions' page on AMO...

Despite all that, the submenu of the extension still showed up as another language. The feature to show a border around each element works, but viewing the formatted source code doesn't, as there's an XML error. :(
Old Jaisen

Post by Old Jaisen »

Well it installed but it didn't provide the behavior that I was seeking to get from it. On my old firefox, and even on the new one, just tested it, what happens after the extension customize google is installed is that when you type something in the search box from google's main page, it provides suggestions (auto complete) and informs you of the popularity of the hits. Nothing of the same kind happened when I installed it on SM, in addition to the already noted error.
Last edited by Old Jaisen on January 3rd, 2007, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Jaisen

Post by Old Jaisen »

Philip Chee wrote:
BenoitRen wrote:AutoLogin doesn't seem to work in SeaMonkey. It installs, but there's no way to reach your settings, even through the location bar, and it breaks the Back and Forward buttons.

@Philip Chee
It doesn't matter to SeaMonkey, but xSidebar picks this up. I think this attribute was used in Phoenix/Firebird before it acquired an extension manager. I kept seeing this in extensions that date back to those days, so I thought I'd leverage on this. You could try doing the same for AutoLogin and use xSidebar to access its preference dialog :)

Phil

Does that mean it might work without breaking the back and foward buttons?
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

I can only say that Customize Google did work for me, save for the crash.

No, "View formatted source" has nothing to do with it. I was just linking other work like usual.

No, xSidebar likely won't fix the Back and Forward buttons.
Old Jaisen

Post by Old Jaisen »

BenoitRen wrote:I can only say that Customize Google did work for me, save for the crash.

No, "View formatted source" has nothing to do with it. I was just linking other work like usual.

No, xSidebar likely won't fix the Back and Forward buttons.

Cool thanks for the help. I'd try it again, but anyway to remove the menupopup at the buttom of the screen?