Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
vladmir

Post by vladmir »

BenoitRen
Download Embedded ...
the Download Manager, Error Console (JavaScript Console) and the Java Console can't be called anymore.

I need JavaScript Console.
In profile with Download Embedded - yes.
In profile with MultiZilla and Download Embedded opens "MultiZilla's JavaScript Console". As for me it's enough good. Thank you Benoit!
it pops open both a save file dialog, and the Download Manager.

It isn'n so serious.
The link you had provided led to ViewSourceWith, though.

Yes, my mistake, sorry. Fixed in that post.
vladmir

Post by vladmir »

BenoitRen
CacheViewer - install.js, plus a contents.rdf. It works, and is, in my opinion, quite neat.

Yes, thanks. OK for me.
However, reaching the extension's interface and its settings requires using the location bar to input the appropriate URL.
Interface: chrome://cacheviewer/content/cacheviewer.xul

Drag link to bookmarks.
Settings: chrome://cacheviewer/content/cacheviewerOptions.xul

You can't change settings in browser window.
There are 2 settings
pref("extensions.cacheviewer.open_in_separate_window", true);
Doesn't work anyhow.
pref("extensions.cacheviewer.security_warning", true);
To change add to user.js
user_pref("extensions.cacheviewer.security_warning", false);
====:
BenoitRen
View formatted source
Despite all that, the submenu of the extension still showed up as another language.

Yes.
but viewing the formatted source code doesn't, as there's an XML error.

Yes. :(
====:====

View Source Chart
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/655/

Similar to View formatted source but gives HTML page with formatted source.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

vladmir wrote:View Source Chart
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/655/
Similar to View formatted source but gives HTML page with formatted source.
View Source Chart isn't Open Source the last time I looked. Version 2.6 is payware. Version 2.5 is free as in beer but better check the EULA first.

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

DJGM wrote:Cheers for that, although now I've been reminded of another bug that occurred when I first tested it on SM. While it looks as it should in most Classic based themes, viewing it with the Modern theme, it looks a mess. I think this is mainly down to two things. First, the fact that the software I used builds the toolbar for IE first, then coverts for Ffx. Second, is the fact that I'm rubbish with XUL coding!
I've uploaded DJGM.co.uk-Toolbar-1.0b5.xpi to: http://www.mytempdir.com/1136775. Added two skin directories (classic and modern). Could you try this version out in modern?

Phil
DJGM

Post by DJGM »

Cheers ... looking better in the Modern theme now . . .

As mentioned earlier, the toolbar package contains several generic references to "toolbar",
causing it to clash with other toolbars made using the same software. I could do with
changing these to "DJGM.co.uk Toolbar", (without the quotes) I know where some
of the generic "toolbar" references within the package are, but not all of them.

Also, is it possible to change the logo bmp file to a transparent PNG? Those white corners
on the DJGM.co.uk logo look a bit unsightly. I think is down to the fact that the software
used to build the original toolbar was designed for creating IE toolbars.

How would it possible to make the DJGM.co.uk Toolbar blend in natively with the "Aqua"
interface of Mac OS X? I know of at least one person that complained that the toolbar
did not fully comply with Apple's precious "Human Interface Guidelines". This is an
issue that wouldn't bother me too much, but I occasionally use Mac OS X as well
as Windows and Linux, and I'd like to see that it looks good on all OSes.
-----------------------------
SeaMonkey is like a Swiss Army knife: Versatile and dependable, with many useful tools.
Internet Explorer is like really, really, very old Swiss cheese: Full of holes, and it stinks!
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Just a note. You don't have to enter hard returns at the end of each line in your messages. The forum software will automatically reflow paragraphs for you.
DJGM wrote:As mentioned earlier, the toolbar package contains several generic references to "toolbar", causing it to clash with other toolbars made using the same software. I could do with changing these to "DJGM.co.uk Toolbar", (without the quotes) I know where some of the generic "toolbar" references within the package are, but not all of them.
I tried doing that but there were too many references to "toolbar" all over the place and I couldn't find them all. I gave up after ten minutes. Good luck if you want to go down this route.
DJGM wrote:Also, is it possible to change the logo bmp file to a transparent PNG? Those white corners on the DJGM.co.uk logo look a bit unsightly. I think is down to the fact that the software used to build the original toolbar was designed for creating IE toolbars.
Your logo is a PNG as far as I can tell. I'd use IRFRANVIEW. Open in Irfranview, Save As, Select transparent colour, etc.
DJGM wrote:How would it possible to make the DJGM.co.uk Toolbar blend in natively with the "Aqua" interface of Mac OS X? I know of at least one person that complained that the toolbar did not fully comply with Apple's precious "Human Interface Guidelines". This is an issue that wouldn't bother me too much, but I occasionally use Mac OS X as well as Windows and Linux, and I'd like to see that it looks good on all OSes.
I suppose it's possible but having neither Mac OSX nor the HIG I am unable to help you.

Phil
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

IRFRANVIEW

Irfanview.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Extension Development.
Lost User 18475

Post by Lost User 18475 »

MailTagger (from Thunderbird) and Mail Redirect (also from Thunderbird).

I've really found these to be useful, especially Mail Redirect but I have occasion to use Mail Tagger regularly, as well.
rainer.wendland

Post by rainer.wendland »

Concerning SunCult:
I was happy to get a modificated and working version of it, but after installing from the Link in BenoitRen's site (Sun Cult 1.0.20061106) there was trouble again: SunCult was in status bar as it should be, that is ok. For configuration I first got only a non-readable mini-popup in topleft corner, and later also navigator was reduced in size similary.
After configuration there wasn't any displaying of sunrise and moon and the other requested infos.
So I had to deinstall it.
???

Happy New Year to all of You!
@BenoitRen and Philip Chee and many others: Thanks 1000 times for Your work!
First use "Search" in this forum!
extensions: formfiller, FoxyTunes, Mnenhy, MonkeyMenu, ScrapBook, xSidebar and others

Post by Philip Chee »

rainer.wendland wrote:Concerning SunCult:
I was happy to get a modificated and working version of it, but after installing from the Link in BenoitRen's site (Sun Cult 1.0.20061106) there was trouble again: SunCult was in status bar as it should be, that is ok. For configuration I first got only a non-readable mini-popup in topleft corner, and later also navigator was reduced in size similary.
After configuration there wasn't any displaying of sunrise and moon and the other requested infos.
So I had to deinstall it.
You have to have xSidebar installed also as SunCult uses the Firefox/toolkit <prefwindow> widget for it's preference settings. xSidebar implements the firefox widget set which doesn't exist in SeaMonkey natively.

Phil
rainer.wendland

I forgot to mention that I've already xSidebar installed.... So it should work?!
extensions: formfiller, FoxyTunes, Mnenhy, MonkeyMenu, ScrapBook, xSidebar and others

Post by Philip Chee »

rainer.wendland wrote:I forgot to mention that I've already xSidebar installed.... So it should work?!
I think in SeaMonkey 1.0 and 1.1 you may have to close the pref dialog and then re-open it again. To fix this BenoitRen has to do the following:

Code: Select all

--- suncult\jar\content\suncult\config.old.xul   Wed Mar 22 10:37:14 2006
+++ suncult\jar\content\suncult\config.xul   Tue Dec 12 10:10:16 2006
@@ -1,11 +1,10 @@
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://global/skin/" type="text/css"?>
-<?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://mozapps/skin/pref/pref.css" type="text/css"?>
 <?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://suncult/skin/config.css" type="text/css"?>

<!DOCTYPE prefwindow [
 <!ENTITY % config SYSTEM "chrome://suncult/locale/config.dtd" >
 %config;
 <!ENTITY % suncult SYSTEM "chrome://suncult/locale/overlay.dtd" >
 %suncult;
None of the styles in chrome://mozapps/skin/pref/pref.css are used in this dialog and it doesn't exist in SeaMonkey anyway.

Phil
rainer.wendland

Philip Chee wrote:I think in SeaMonkey 1.0 and 1.1 you may have to close the pref dialog and then re-open it again.

I did that. But after that the extension did not work when left-clicking on symbol in status bar.

Post by max1million »

Not Download Embedded but a bookmarklet, just make links to the media near top
of page for bgsound, embed, object, and img dynsrc.
<a href="javascript:(function() { function xxxx(embobj) { var embed=document.getElementsByTagName(embobj); for (var i=0; i<embed.length; i++) { var thisEmb=embed[i]; if (embobj == 'object'){var name=xxxxobjparm(thisEmb,'fileName'); if (!name)(name=xxxxobjparm(thisEmb,'url'));}; if (embobj == 'img') { var data = thisEmb.getAttribute('dynsrc')} else { var src = thisEmb.getAttribute('src'); var data = thisEmb.getAttribute('data'); if ((data == null) || (data == '')) (data = src); if ((data == null) || (data == '')) (data = name); } if ((data == null) || (data == '')) {} else { dlx = document.createTextNode(' *** '); document.body.insertBefore(dlx,document.body.firstChild); var dly = document.createElement('a'); dly.href = data; dly.appendChild(document.createTextNode(' '+data+' ')); document.body.insertBefore(dly,document.body.firstChild); /* var dlz = document.createElement('a'); dlz.href = data; dlz.appendChild(document.createTextNode(data)); thisEmb.parentNode.insertBefore(dlz, thisEmb.nextSibling); */ }}} function xxxxobjparm(thisEmb,name) { var params=new Array(); var srcParam,src; params.length=0; var k=0; for(var j=0; j<thisEmb.childNodes.length; j++) { if(thisEmb.childNodes[j].nodeName.toLowerCase()=='param') { params.length=params.length+1; params[k]=thisEmb.childNodes[j]; k++; }} var paramName; name=(name).toLowerCase(); for (var z=0; z<params.length; z++) { paramName=params[z].getAttribute('name'); if(paramName.toLowerCase()==name) (srcParam=params[z]); } if(srcParam) (src=srcParam.getAttribute('value')); if(!src) (src=thisEmb.getAttribute(name)); return src; }; xxxx('bgsound'); xxxx('embed'); xxxx('object'); xxxx('img'); })();">Media Links</a> from here.