[Ext] IE Tab 1.5

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
PhantomD

Post by PhantomD »

Thankyou for creating this extension, it makes life great for people like me who have certain sites they like to load in IE. For example several phpbb forums I use seem to load a LOT faster in IE.

A few little (or not so) problems.

With an IETab open, using the back button in the browser will take me back a page as I expect it to, however using the button on my mouse that I have assigned to "back" (Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000, Intellipoint 5.5) will take it back to the page i was on before I used an IETab.

Also...there is a screen usage issue between this extension and NoScript! and perhaps other extensions too...when the NoScript! warning bar is on at the bottom of the page and I open an IETab, the NoScript! bar remains there, and it does not refresh, i.e. any program I open will leave a remnant of its window in that portion of the screen. Perhaps something to mention about NoScript! too.

Also...when using IEtab to view a phpbb forum...a scroll bar often appears and I have to scroll sideways to view the whole page. This does not happen using the Firefox engine nor IE7 (what I have loaded).

Thanks again for a great extension.
crackbaby

Post by crackbaby »

as listed by others

--With an IETab open, using the back button in the browser will take me back a page as I expect it to, however using the button on my mouse that I have assigned to "back" (Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000, Intellipoint 5.5) will take it back to the page i was on before I used an IETab.--

This is what I found if I open a new tab or new window with the site I need:
mouse back does not work, back on FF works and goes to previous page

If changing current tab or window from a different site to a new site:
mouse back and FF back brings me to previous web site not previous page.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

thornburgh wrote:(1) IE Tab does not respect Firefox's open new pages in "a new window" setting. When viewing an IE page, new pages always seem to open in a tab, which is inconsistent with how Firefox works for regular pages in my setup.

Yes, that is a known issue.
Current IETAB only can get the "open new window" event,
I don't know how to recognize "window size, positions, ..." attributes.
Therefore, I can only open it in a "new tab" or a "new full screen window", and I choose "new tab".

thornburgh wrote:(2) IE Tab uses the old IE find box rather than the more advanced Firefox find bar. Is it possible to use Firefox control-F find even for IE pages?

Current IETAB Plugin only supports me an "open the find box" interface.
I can't pass user's find string to IETAB Plugin, so it can only show up the original IE's find box.
This feature request need IETAB Plugin's feature improvement to implement.
yuoo2k

Re: Does this Add in work with the USA version of Windows Up

Post by yuoo2k »

Paindows wrote:http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us
Returns this message:

[Error number: 0x80072EFD]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number 0x80072EFD) yourself.

Can anyone help to confirm this problem?
The Windows Update site looks fine in my IETAB,
I can't reproduce the problem.
yuoo2k

Re: This may be a bug

Post by yuoo2k »

losl wrote:the new release 1.3 dose not work 100% okay in SeaMonkey 107. The "Open link in IE tab" and "Open link use external prog" do not work as aspected. After clicking in the contest menu the url changes to
chrome://ietab/content/reloaded.html?url=null. It adds "Null" instead of the url of the link for address. I get page could not displayed error. Working in FF is fine. Please check and correc in the next release.

I saw a bug about "Open link in IE tab" context menuitem in SeaMonkey.
But I'm not sure does that cause this problem.
I will try to fix it in the next devbuild.
Thank you.
yuoo2k

Re: loosing tab focus on newest update... (1.3.0.20061230)

Post by yuoo2k »

musikgoat wrote:One seemed to creep back up on this latest update. In one FF window I have two tabs open. One tab is IEtab accessing our call database. The second is a local page on our intranet that is written to refresh the page every 15 seconds, this is opened in a regular tab, without IEtab.

When I am typing in the database on the IEtab, as soon as the other tab goes through a refresh, I loose the flashing cursor on my IEtab, meaning that the focus is lost and I have to click in the tab to be able to type again.

This issue happened for a period back maybe 6 months ago with some update, but had been fixed quickly, I'm not sure if anything more is needed,

I have idea about what may cause this problem. But I'm not very sure.
I will try to fix it in the next build.
Thanks!
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

paxgamers wrote:Hello, Sorry if this is a known problem as I don't know any javascript but a site I visit seems to use some javascript or something which works in Firefox, Opera and the latest version of IE but not IE Tab...when you click on a region it should then switch to that news (you can see what it should do in any of the above mentioned browsers), it simply seems to try to load and then nothing. :( Any ideas?:

http://www.politicalyard.com/war-news.html

Can you provide me the detail test steps?
The site looks fine in my rough test.
I'm not very understand what the problem you meet.
Thanks.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Morac wrote:I'm having an issue with this extension installed. AOL Video no longer works in Firefox. Ironically it says to enable ActiveX which isn't even a valid error message for Firefox. When this extension (and reveal which also has issues) is removed going to the site requests to install the Mozilla ActiveX plugin. Once that is installed the AOL Video site works fine. If IE Tab is re-enabled, the site breaks again.

I tried looking at the web sites source code and it seems to fail in the detectPlugin() function in this script page:
http://nsvapp-prod-rr.stream.aol.com/version/263/wm.js

The error I get, "We're sorry, but you must have ActiveX enabled for your browser to view this content. Please enable ActiveX and refresh this page to view the content.", only is displayed if the "noscript=true" parameter is passed to this page:
http://nsvapp-prod-rr.stream.aol.com/error_wm.html

This means the detectionResults.scriptable check is failing in detectPlugin().

I'm not sure why this breaks in IE Tab is enabled, but I've reproduced the results and it works when IE Tab is disabled, but breaks when it is enabled.

Here's a direct link to an AOL video page for you to test on.

Try to reinstall AOL's WM DRM ActiveX Control again:
http://cdn.channel.aol.com/_media/dalai ... -dl-v1.xpi
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

vijdeep wrote:i installed ie tab. but because of some reason, it gives error like ' pcman, add on performing illegal action, u must restart firefox. ' and it does not work.
please reply me soon.

How to reproduce the problem?
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

PhantomD wrote:With an IETab open, using the back button in the browser will take me back a page as I expect it to, however using the button on my mouse that I have assigned to "back" (Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000, Intellipoint 5.5) will take it back to the page i was on before I used an IETab.

That is a known problem.
Currently I don't have idea about how to hook Backward and Forward button on keyboard/mouse.
If I can find out how to hook that, I will implement it.
BTW, if anyone knows that, please tell me.
Thanks.

PhantomD wrote:Also...there is a screen usage issue between this extension and NoScript! and perhaps other extensions too...when the NoScript! warning bar is on at the bottom of the page and I open an IETab, the NoScript! bar remains there, and it does not refresh, i.e. any program I open will leave a remnant of its window in that portion of the screen. Perhaps something to mention about NoScript! too.

1. NoScript cannot work in IE.
2. In my test, I didn't see the NoScript! bar remains there when I switch to IE mode.

PhantomD wrote:Also...when using IEtab to view a phpbb forum...a scroll bar often appears and I have to scroll sideways to view the whole page. This does not happen using the Firefox engine nor IE7 (what I have loaded).

Can you provide me an URL and steps to reproduce your problem.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

crackbaby wrote:as listed by others
--With an IETab open, using the back button in the browser will take me back a page as I expect it to, however using the button on my mouse that I have assigned to "back" (Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000, Intellipoint 5.5) will take it back to the page i was on before I used an IETab.--

This is what I found if I open a new tab or new window with the site I need:
mouse back does not work, back on FF works and goes to previous page

A known issue same as above.

crackbaby wrote:If changing current tab or window from a different site to a new site:
mouse back and FF back brings me to previous web site not previous page.

Firefox's back button still bring you to previous web site?
How to reproduce this? I need detail steps.
emailaya

Post by emailaya »

i have FF at home and at work
the only difference is the ietab version
at work i have the newest version

what happen is, FF steals the focus once in a while (sometimes it take a second for it to steal it again)
i tried with safemode - and it didnt happen

at home i have the version from previous month
and i dont have this problem
FremyCompany

Post by FremyCompany »

Hello, First of all, congratulation for this work of excellent quality.

In the future, I like nevertheless that we can use some tools such a DOM Explorer and a Javascript console (Attach a debuger to IE and catch all errors then write them in the JS Console of FireFox ?) under IE Tab, too...

That would facilitate largely the development of Web site, because for the moment, it is still obligatory of launching IE separately to be able to profit, for example of the tools available in the IE Developper Toolbar.
brodie7838

Post by brodie7838 »

Ive been using IE Tab for awhile, great extension, but with the last update its been giving me some trouble. When I have a tab open using the IE Rendering Engine, and the IE Tab is being open, but Firefox is minimized to the taskbar, every few minutes, Firefox will suddenly maximize itself from being minimized, inturrupting anything I might have been doing. It only does it if I have an IE tab open and selected. It does this on 2 different computers. Im running the latest version of FF, IE6 on Windows 2000 SP4.
emailaya

Post by emailaya »

bordie - same here exactly
FF 2.0.0.1, IE6 on winxp sp2