Watch out... http://Ad.adserverplus.net??

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
haggishntr

Watch out... http://Ad.adserverplus.net??

Post by haggishntr »

Don't think the above 'address' has anything to do with Firefox, But, Everytime i open Firefox the above opens up IE and a random pop-up appears.

Many ad-aware tools cannot find this, so far i have used;
Bitdefender v10 (anti-virus)
noadware5.0
ad-aware SE pro
Spybot S&D
RegCure (knew this one might not help but used it anyway)

i know there is a keystroke log (offlog.txt) which the PC will find when you run a search in C:WINDOWS... But i cannot find the 'spy/adware' to actually delete it. I have searched around several websites to get info on this product but there seems to be no-one that knows about the above, or can help in any way.

Anyhoo... If you do get this ad.adserverplus on your PC, delete the keylogger and hopefully you'll find a way to detect and remove it.

If anyone here knows about this, any info would be very helpful.

Thanks
weishun

Post by weishun »

This is the "TR/Agent.AKB.2". It's been around for a few months so any half decent AV program, with cuurent definitions, should be able to detect and remove it.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Sometimes you need to boot into Windows SafeMode to get rid of that stuff.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
haggishntr

Post by haggishntr »

Thanks Weishun, done a search on TR/Agent.AKB.2 and kapsersky seems to know about it, but my BD didn't pick it up... Hopefully now i know what it is i'll get rid.

Thanks aswell ed... i'll reboot in safe and hopefully it'll work!

Thanks for the help guys :)
weishun

Post by weishun »

Da nada. If you run into a problem, let me know and I'll send you instructions to remove it, manually. Don't forget to change all your passwords as any you've entered or have stored in your browser will, likely, have been compromised.