[Ext] IE Tab 1.5

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
musikgoat

Re: loosing tab focus on newest update... (1.3.0.20061230)

Post by musikgoat »

yuoo2k wrote:
musikgoat wrote:One seemed to creep back up on this latest update. In one FF window I have two tabs open. One tab is IEtab accessing our call database. The second is a local page on our intranet that is written to refresh the page every 15 seconds, this is opened in a regular tab, without IEtab.

When I am typing in the database on the IEtab, as soon as the other tab goes through a refresh, I loose the flashing cursor on my IEtab, meaning that the focus is lost and I have to click in the tab to be able to type again.

This issue happened for a period back maybe 6 months ago with some update, but had been fixed quickly, I'm not sure if anything more is needed,

I have idea about what may cause this problem. But I'm not very sure.
I will try to fix it in the next build.
Thanks!

Thank you for the response, your work on this is greatly appreciated.

also

brodie7838 wrote:Ive been using IE Tab for awhile, great extension, but with the last update its been giving me some trouble. When I have a tab open using the IE Rendering Engine, and the IE Tab is being open, but Firefox is minimized to the taskbar, every few minutes, Firefox will suddenly maximize itself from being minimized, inturrupting anything I might have been doing. It only does it if I have an IE tab open and selected. It does this on 2 different computers. Im running the latest version of FF, IE6 on Windows 2000 SP4.

I have the same issue, haven't really noticed till yesterday, its not that frequent for me, but about once every 15 minutes or so, the FF window with IEtab loaded will popup, taking focus away from anything else.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

emailaya wrote:what happen is, FF steals the focus once in a while (sometimes it take a second for it to steal it again)
i tried with safemode - and it didnt happen

brodie7838 wrote:Ive been using IE Tab for awhile, great extension, but with the last update its been giving me some trouble. When I have a tab open using the IE Rendering Engine, and the IE Tab is being open, but Firefox is minimized to the taskbar, every few minutes, Firefox will suddenly maximize itself from being minimized, inturrupting anything I might have been doing. It only does it if I have an IE tab open and selected. It does this on 2 different computers. Im running the latest version of FF, IE6 on Windows 2000 SP4.

emailaya wrote:bordie - same here exactly
FF 2.0.0.1, IE6 on winxp sp2

Same as above musikgoat 's report.
The steal focus problem will be fixed in the next devbuild.
Thanks all.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

FremyCompany wrote:Hello, First of all, congratulation for this work of excellent quality.

In the future, I like nevertheless that we can use some tools such a DOM Explorer and a Javascript console (Attach a debuger to IE and catch all errors then write them in the JS Console of FireFox ?) under IE Tab, too...

That would facilitate largely the development of Web site, because for the moment, it is still obligatory of launching IE separately to be able to profit, for example of the tools available in the IE Developper Toolbar.

Firefox's Gecko engine and IE's rendering engine are fully difference kernels.
Therefore, it is hard to implement the compatible DOM Explorer and Javascript Console.
In fact, I doubt I have the ability to do that. :doubt:
Morac

Post by Morac »

yuoo2k wrote:Try to reinstall AOL's WM DRM ActiveX Control again:
http://cdn.channel.aol.com/_media/dalai ... -dl-v1.xpi

No go. It will work with IE Tab disabled, but if IE Tab is installed and enabled, I get this error message: "We're sorry, but you must have ActiveX enabled for your browser to view this content. Please enable ActiveX and refresh this page to view the content."

IE Tab seems to be interfering with the scripts running that check for the plugin.

I did track down the line that seems to be causing the problem.

If I comment out this one line inside the IeTab.prototype.onTabAdded function then it works fine:
if (e.relatedNode == gBrowser.mPanelContainer) gIeTab.hookBrowserGetter(e.target);

I'm not sure why this works since hookBrowserGetter gets called at startup by the hookCodeAll function and doesn't cause an issue.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Morac wrote:
yuoo2k wrote:Try to reinstall AOL's WM DRM ActiveX Control again:
http://cdn.channel.aol.com/_media/dalai ... -dl-v1.xpi
No go. It will work with IE Tab disabled, but if IE Tab is installed and enabled, I get this error message: "We're sorry, but you must have ActiveX enabled for your browser to view this content. Please enable ActiveX and refresh this page to view the content."

Try to test it in a new profile with only IETAB and AOL's WM DRM ActiveX Control installed.
Does it still happen?

I have tested it in FX 2.0.0.1, but I didn't see the page about "We're sorry, but you must have ActiveX enabled for your browser to view this content. Please enable ActiveX and refresh this page to view the content."

Morac wrote:IE Tab seems to be interfering with the scripts running that check for the plugin.

I didn't write any code to interfere page's scripts running.
Morac

Post by Morac »

yuoo2k wrote:Try to test it in a new profile with only IETAB and AOL's WM DRM ActiveX Control installed.
Does it still happen?

I have tested it in FX 2.0.0.1, but I didn't see the page about "We're sorry, but you must have ActiveX enabled for your browser to view this content. Please enable ActiveX and refresh this page to view the content."

It worked in a new profile , but when I copied all my other extensions over it stopped working. I tracked down to when both IE Tab and the AI Roboform Toolbar for Firefox are installed. The roboform extension implements the Roboform activeX object in Firefox so I'm guessing that IE Tab and Roboform aren't exactly compatible.

Strangely enough IE Tab and Roboform together will work if the hookBrowserGetter call from onTabAdded is commented out. Even if a new tab isn't opened when Firefox is first open. I have no idea what's happening here. I contacted Roboform support so I'll see what they havea to say.

In the meantime I found that replacing in addEventAll:
gIeTab.addEventListener(gBrowser.mPanelContainer, "DOMNodeInserted", gIeTab.onTabAdded);

with:
var container = gBrowser.tabContainer;
container.addEventListener("TabOpen", gIeTab.onTabAdded, false);

and replacing in removeEventAll:
gIeTab.removeEventListener(gBrowser.mPanelContainer, "DOMNodeInserted", gIeTab.onTabAdded);

with:
var container = gBrowser.tabContainer;
container.removeEventListener("TabOpen", gIeTab.onTabAdded, false);

and finally replacing in onTabAdded:
if (e.relatedNode == gBrowser.mPanelContainer) gIeTab.hookBrowserGetter(e.target);

with:
gIeTab.hookBrowserGetter(e.target.linkedBrowser);

resolves the incompatilbilities with Roboform. This only works in Firefox 2 and up though since those events are new to Firefox 2.0.
According to this page checking for the "DOMNodeInserted" should work in Firefox 2.0, but for some reason Roboform doesn't like that.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

losl wrote:
The context link menuitem problem in SeaMonkey ...

musikgoat, emailaya, brodie7838, emailaya wrote:
The steal focus problem...

Morac wrote:
The conflict with AI-Roboform...

Please try this:
http://forum.moztw.org/files/ietab-1.3. ... ld_110.xpi
This is a test build, does this fix your problems?
Last edited by yuoo2k on January 3rd, 2007, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
emailaya

Post by emailaya »

after some time of testing
it seems to be working fine
10x allot for your quick fix and for a gr8 extension
wjh

IE Tab 1.3 and FF 2.0.0.1

Post by wjh »

Love this extension. :) Unfortunately, since about mid-Dec I can't get it to work correctly with FF 2.0.0.1. When I click on the icon to switch to IE rendering for a tab, the tab goes blank with a status bar message indicating "Done". I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, going back to prior releases of FF and IE Tab, uninstalling the Tab Mix Plus extension, restarting FF, rebooting, but nothing seems to fix the problem.

I checked to make sure that the extension had the correct address for IE 7. If I use the CTL + click on the rendering icon, an IE7 window opens with the correct page. Is there a tab setting that IE Tab is expecting that is preventing it from loading the page in the tab. :?

Oddly, it works fine on a second computer I have which has the same FF/extension/JAVA/theme configuration. Any ideas on fixing this problem would be appreciated.

Bill

:)
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

wjh wrote:Love this extension. :) Unfortunately, since about mid-Dec I can't get it to work correctly with FF 2.0.0.1. When I click on the icon to switch to IE rendering for a tab, the tab goes blank with a status bar message indicating "Done". I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, going back to prior releases of FF and IE Tab, uninstalling the Tab Mix Plus extension, restarting FF, rebooting, but nothing seems to fix the problem.

I checked to make sure that the extension had the correct address for IE 7. If I use the CTL + click on the rendering icon, an IE7 window opens with the correct page. Is there a tab setting that IE Tab is expecting that is preventing it from loading the page in the tab. :?

Oddly, it works fine on a second computer I have which has the same FF/extension/JAVA/theme configuration. Any ideas on fixing this problem would be appreciated.

Bill

Try test it in a new profile with only IETAB installed.
Does it still happen?
wjh

Post by wjh »

yuoo2k wrote:
wjh wrote:Love this extension. :) Unfortunately, since about mid-Dec I can't get it to work correctly with FF 2.0.0.1. When I click on the icon to switch to IE rendering for a tab, the tab goes blank with a status bar message indicating "Done". I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, going back to prior releases of FF and IE Tab, uninstalling the Tab Mix Plus extension, restarting FF, rebooting, but nothing seems to fix the problem.

Bill

Does it still happen?
Tested it with a new profile and only IE Tab installed. Same results. Tab says "loading", status bar shows "done", and contains the IE7 icon. Browser has blank window.

I'm stumped.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

wjh wrote:
yuoo2k wrote:

Bill

Does it still happen?
Tested it with a new profile and only IE Tab installed. Same results. Tab says "loading", status bar shows "done", and contains the IE7 icon. Browser has blank window.

I'm stumped.
You may help to find out what cause the problem.
Try to think about what different between your current computer and your second computer that works fine.
To find out what cause the problem and give me the reproduce steps, that will be helpful.
Thanks!
pjrobertson

Post by pjrobertson »

since installing the latest version, whenever I try and view a page using IE Tab, Firefox (2.0.0.1) stops responding.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and I get the same problem. I've reinstalled version 1.2.0.20061120, and it works fine, it's just the newest version.

Any help?
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

pjrobertson wrote:since installing the latest version, whenever I try and view a page using IE Tab, Firefox (2.0.0.1) stops responding.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and I get the same problem. I've reinstalled version 1.2.0.20061120, and it works fine, it's just the newest version.

Any help?
Try to test it in a new profile with only IETAB installed.
If it works in your new profile, please help to find out which extension conflicts with IETAB.

I have to reproduce the problem then I can begin to debug and try to fix the problem.
Thanks.
RomK

Post by RomK »

I've the same error as wjh - [the tab goes blank with a status bar message indicating "Done"] and the tab show "loading" after installed IE TAB 1.3.0.20061230.
The IE TAB is a critical add-on for me.
Before this problem is solved can anyone help me about how to reinstall 1.2.0.20061120 which is working great/excellent/perfect for me in Firefox (2.0.0.1)?
Many Thanks.