[Ext] IE Tab 1.5

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

RomK wrote:I've the same error as wjh - [the tab goes blank with a status bar message indicating "Done"] and the tab show "loading" after installed IE TAB 1.3.0.20061230.

Does it still happen in a new profile?
Do you see any message on Error Console?
I have to reproduce the problem than I can begin to debug.

RomK wrote:Before this problem is solved can anyone help me about how to reinstall 1.2.0.20061120 which is working great/excellent/perfect for me in Firefox (2.0.0.1)?
Many Thanks.

You can get all previous version from:
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/history/
John59

Font-size in IEtab

Post by John59 »

I been using IETab (IE7) without problems. The only issue I have is font-sizes. All sizes are much larger with IETab than when view the same page with IE.

Is there some way I can change this? Can IETab be told what font-size to use, perhaps in userChrome.css?

Thanks
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

John59 wrote:I been using IETab (IE7) without problems. The only issue I have is font-sizes. All sizes are much larger with IETab than when view the same page with IE.

Is there some way I can change this? Can IETab be told what font-size to use, perhaps in userChrome.css?

Thanks
Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options
dimset

browser focus

Post by dimset »

It seems I'm not the only one having problems losing window focus (from other applications even) when a page in an IE tab sends a meta refresh.

using 1.3.0.20061230
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

dimset wrote:It seems I'm not the only one having problems losing window focus (from other applications even) when a page in an IE tab sends a meta refresh.

using 1.3.0.20061230
Try latest DevBuild:
http://ietab.mozdev.org/ietab-devbuild.xpi
RomK

Post by RomK »

It's strange! The problem is gone today while I didn't change anything or reinstall pervious verison. If it occur again, will try the steps to gather more information. The IE Tab is my IMPORTANT add-on in FF. Great Work!
Morac

Post by Morac »

yuoo2k wrote:The conflict with AI-Roboform...

Please try this:
http://forum.moztw.org/files/ietab-1.3. ... ld_110.xpi
This is a test build, does this fix your problems?

That worked great. Thanks!
qtormanen

IETab messes up the mouse "Back" button

Post by qtormanen »

I have been using IETab for about a year now and agree with the consensus that it's the best add-on for FireFox around. However, I have tracked down a major annoyance to IETab. It would be great if this problem could be fixed.

Here is an example of the problem:
1. I have "http://msdn.microsoft.com/*", "http://msdn2.microsoft.com/*", and "http://www.microsoft.com/*" listed in the Sites filter.
2. I start up FireFox. I have "http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official" as my home page.
3. I enter a new URL: "http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio".
4. I click the "Downloads" button on the left menu, which takes me to "http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa718332.aspx".
5. Expand the "Back" drop-down menu and you'll see that only "Mozilla Firefox Start Page" shows up. Annoying, but this didn't affect me much.
6. To belabor the point, make a few other clicks within the msdn website. I clicked "VS2005 SP1 Update for Vista" under New Downloads, which took me to "http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=FB6BB56A-10B7-4C05-B81C-5863284503CF&displaylang=en".
7. Again, Expand the "Back" drop-down menu and you'll still see only "Mozilla Firefox Start Page".
8. Here's the kicker: Click the Back mouse button on my Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000, and I'll go all the way back to "Mozilla Firefox Start Page". *Very* annoying! :-(

You can play around with clicking the Forward and Back buttons themselves (not just expanding their menus) and see some more goofiness. They work on the surface, but you can look at the Forward/Back history and see that things are right.

At first I thought this was a problem with my mouse, but after I found that the Back/Forward button menus are wrong, and that by switching any of these pages back to FireFox (with IETab) adds them correctly to the Back/Forward button menu, I concluded that the problem is with IETab.

A fix to this would be awesome because it is a serious problem when I've been browsing through one of Microsoft's developer's sites and with a single Back click I've lost all my history and I'm back at the google prompt. Incredibly frustrating.

Thanks.
--Quinton
qtormanen

Post by qtormanen »

Sorry for reposting about the mouse Back button. With a little more searching I found that this had been asked earlier in the post. However, I wonder if my observations related to the Back/Forward menus has some bearing on this. That is, rather than looking at how to hook keyboard/mouse Back buttons, look at instead on getting the pages correctly into the FireFox history. Just a thought.
--Quinton
jaeysson

Latest build doesn't work for me.

Post by jaeysson »

Love IE Tab!

On Dec. 29 when the latest version came out I installed it. Ever since, every time I try to open a site in IE tab it closes Firefox and asks me to send an error report. I do.

I have since moved back to the previous build of IETab and IE Tab is working once again.

I keep all my extensions up to date and run the latest version of Firefox. If there is any more info that is needed let me know.
wjh

Post by wjh »

yuoo2k wrote:
wjh wrote:
yuoo2k wrote:
wjh wrote:Love this extension. :) Unfortunately, since about mid-Dec I can't get it to work correctly with FF 2.0.0.1. When I click on the icon to switch to IE rendering for a tab, the tab goes blank with a status bar message indicating "Done". I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, going back to prior releases of FF and IE Tab, uninstalling the Tab Mix Plus extension, restarting FF, rebooting, but nothing seems to fix the problem.

I checked to make sure that the extension had the correct address for IE 7. If I use the CTL + click on the rendering icon, an IE7 window opens with the correct page. Is there a tab setting that IE Tab is expecting that is preventing it from loading the page in the tab. :?

Oddly, it works fine on a second computer I have which has the same FF/extension/JAVA/theme configuration. Any ideas on fixing this problem would be appreciated.

Bill

:)
Try test it in a new profile with only IETAB installed.
Does it still happen?
Tested it with a new profile and only IE Tab installed. Same results. Tab says "loading", status bar shows "done", and contains the IE7 icon. Browser has blank window.

I'm stumped.
You may help to find out what cause the problem.
Try to think about what different between your current computer and your second computer that works fine.
To find out what cause the problem and give me the reproduce steps, that will be helpful.
Thanks!

I finally found a work around that works for me. On my system, the AOL Security Suite I was using (ver 210.5.2.1) was preventing IE Tab from working. The security suite was the only difference between the system that was working and the one that was giving me blank pages. Turning the components off (firewall, antivirus, spam protection) individually did not solve the problem, nor could I find a setting that I could change that allowed IE Tab to work. Uninstalling the entire suite fixed the problem for me. I am using a different security suite now and all is well.

I hope this helps

wjh
firefoxkid07

Needs firewall rule

Post by firefoxkid07 »

Yep, same problem started after loading AOL Security. I think that if some firewall rule is created, IE tab will work. Has someone figured out the rule yet? Or can someone tell me what I need to do to figure it out? I like AOL Security Suite and don't wish to uninstall it.
BTW, IE Tab is very useful!
LJBraaten

New Problem with IE Tab

Post by LJBraaten »

I have been using the IE Tab for several weeks, but it recently stopped working - I get a blank screen and a loading message on the tab. The day before I upgraded to the latest version of Firefox, and the IE Tab, but it worked fine after the upgrades. I also ran scans with Window Defender and Ad Aware, and upgraded my AOL Security center to the latest version. I tried turning off the security center but it didn't help. I also tried reinstalling IE Tab (over the existing program), and setting Firefox to the default settings, as well as setting IE 7 to it's defaults. javascript:emoticon
None of this has helped, is there a known fix for this problem?

LJ
The race is not to the swift, but to those who keep running.
LJBraaten

IE Tab P.S.

Post by LJBraaten »

I didn't see the discussion when I posted - thought it was a new thread. It looks like it's the AOL security suite. I am hoping someone knows how to tweak the firewall settings to fix this problem.

LJ
The race is not to the swift, but to those who keep running.
fandorin1

IE Tab not working for Project Web Access

Post by fandorin1 »

This is probably one of those MSFT things, but this is the only thing preventing me from totally abandoning IE.

When I am in Project Web Access (Microsoft Project online interface similar to OWA) I try to view a list of projects and just get a "Loading Grid" Message but the grid never loads.

In IE the Grid loads just fine.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!