How to Toggle -- Allow External App to Send Email?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
w7apd

How to Toggle -- Allow External App to Send Email?

Post by w7apd »

This has to be simple. I think I need to be pointed to a setting in one of the Thunderbird config files.

I'm running Thunderbird version 1.5.0.2 (20060308)

Once each year, I process registrations for a fundraising event in an organization I belong to. Registrations are entered into an Access database. As part of the process, I want to have a semi-automated email go out to confirm that we've received a person's form, etc.

I have all of that working in Access.

The issue is the dialog that pops up from Thunderbird: "Another application is attempting to send email using your profile..." each time I click the send button in my Access database; I'd like the email to go without me having to click the confirmation button each time. That dialog also has a checkbox, "Warn me whenever..." that would, if unchecked, presumably keep the dialog from appearing and would (I think) solve my immediate problem.

Trouble is, I want to turn the warning back on when I'm done, and I don't know what toggles it back on if I turn it off.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

That's not Thunderbird that's giving you that message. More likely is your antivirus and/or firewall programs.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

Thunderbird does give a warning like that. The preference seems to be mapi.blind-send.warn. It does not exist by default, but it appears if you clear that checkbox. Set it to true to re-enable warnings.
Rod
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Interesting. Thanks Rod.
w7apd

Post by w7apd »

Thanks Rod! That is exactly what I needed to learn. I hate turning off features when I don't know how to turn 'em back on again... :)