Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
j.eduardo

Themes 1.1 ?

Post by j.eduardo »

Where are themes for SeaMonkey 1.1?
SeaMonkey 1.1.4
DaComboMan

Post by DaComboMan »

For starters, you may want to look up in your browser: View/Apply Theme/Get New Themes.
j.eduardo

Post by j.eduardo »

Not compatible with Sea 1.1...
SeaMonkey 1.1.4
Spring Rubber

Post by Spring Rubber »

All of incognu's themes (found on this forum) should be compatible with 1.1. I'm not really sure beyond that.
Skatingraccoon

Post by Skatingraccoon »

I saw a couple of his themes but the site that he gives for the downloads doesn't seem to work (it says it's been purchased and is under construction by a client or whatever). Then again, I didn't look too deep into the topics so...
Old incognu

Post by Old incognu »

My site's gone (I thought I'd removed links to it, but I guess I missed a few). Vectorlinux is hosting my themes at present; you can find download links in the last page or so of the theme topics in SeaMonkey General, or just browse for them at http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/incognu/ (Nuvola isn't there yet; I'm still working on it, and providing testing versions via a temporary filehosting site.)

They should work in 1.1 builds. I suspect other 1.0 themes will work okay (or mostly okay) in 1.1 ...
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

All SeaMonkey 1.0 themes should be compatible with SeaMonkey 1.1, as theme-wise, there have been no changes.
Old incognu

Post by Old incognu »

BenoitRen wrote:All SeaMonkey 1.0 themes should be compatible with SeaMonkey 1.1, as theme-wise, there have been no changes.

Yeah, off the top of my head, I can only recall making a few minor additions, I think for tweaking html tooltips and adding a few new menuicons; also, ssl urlbar support. So there've been some minor theme changes, but nothing that would break a theme if it wasn't there.
Skatingraccoon

Post by Skatingraccoon »

Awesome, thanks!
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

<a href="http://users.skynet.be/fa258499/themes.html" target="_blank">Here is a good overall listing</a> of themes and whether they are SeaMonkey compatible or not (thanks, BenoitRen for putting this together).

Although, I am personally partial to incognu's themes - specifically Nereid. :D
Never judge a day by the weather | The best things in life aren't things | Tell the truth - There is less to remember | No rain - No rainbows | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Old Jaisen

Post by Old Jaisen »

Actually, as it turns out, most of the themes, at least, all of the themes by Alfred Kayser, are broken in SM 1.1. I can't figure out how to install them. It says the installation went fine, but they do not appear anywhere, even after restart.
vladmir

Post by vladmir »

Pinball works fine in SM 1.1
therube

Post by therube »

Alfred's themes work fine in SM 1.1.
His install routines have always been "quirky".

What I do, is to download his themes - which come down in .XPI format.

I then rename them to .xpi.jar - like, Nautipolis_18.xpi.jar.

I then use a local script to install them.

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html><head>
  <script type="text/javascript">
    function installMe(name,file,version) {
        InstallTrigger.installChrome(InstallTrigger.SKIN,file+'.jar',name+"/"+version)
    }
  </script>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="styleswitcher.js"></script>
</head>
<body>

<div class="head">Alfred's Themes for Mozilla</div>

<div class="kop">Nautipolis 1.832 1832-052306</div>
<div class="toolbar">
  <a class="button" href="#" onclick="installMe('Nautipolis', 'Nautipolis_18.xpi', '1.832')">Install</a>
</div>
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Old Jaisen

Post by Old Jaisen »

therube wrote:Alfred's themes work fine in SM 1.1.
His install routines have always been "quirky".

What I do, is to download his themes - which come down in .XPI format.

I then rename them to .xpi.jar - like, Nautipolis_18.xpi.jar.

I then use a local script to install them.

That's great to hear. I messed around for a while and finally figured out how to do it (you need Themer and to edit the install.js file in the nautipolis xpi by adding the code Therube was so kind to provide; it only works if the code is added above the previous code, not after—I say this in case anyone else is struggling as I did).
Last edited by Old Jaisen on January 19th, 2007, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
aaron

Post by aaron »

All of my themes have been updated to work with SeaMonkey 1.1 -- the actual jar files have been updated. Didn't get a chance to update the html pages stating this but the jar files are updated. You can re-install the themes to get the new 1.1 features :)
http://www.spuler.us