WEB PAGES WILL NOT PRINT

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ArrenJ

WEB PAGES WILL NOT PRINT

Post by ArrenJ »

MY COMPUTER WILL PRINT FROM SAFARI AND OTHER PROGRAMS ON MY COMPUTER, SO I KNOW IT'S NOT THE PRINTER'S PROBLEM, HOWEVER FIREFOX WILL NOT PRINT FROM ANY PAGES. I'VE CHECKED THE CONFIGURATION, I'VE CHECKED THE SETTINGS, AND WHEN I GO TO FILE PRINT, THE PRINTER DOES NOT GO TO THE PRINTING QUE. WHAT IS WRONG? HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Limpet235

Post by Old Limpet235 »

Perhaps it's scared because of you yelling at it. Image
Please turn your caps lock off. It's considered impolite on the web.
ps, Besides which, it's darn hard to read.
cbreez

Web Pages Won't Print

Post by cbreez »

My web pages won't print either. The printer does have a download that works with IE except I don't like IE. Much prefer Firefox. Help
'How beautiful a day is when kindness touches it' - George Elliston
Jasmin

Same here

Post by Jasmin »

For some reason, it prints only the first page and not the others.
I've checked my printer settings but I'm baffled.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

1. File > Print Preview will show you how Firefox will format a page for printing, if the Preview is empty you'll get nothing printed.
{Ctrl + P} on any page while in Firefox, is your printer selected in the Printer - Name: box?
Is the "print to file" box check-marked?

2. Printing 1st page only or 1st and last only:
There are number of Bugs that are affecting what you are experiencing. DIVs, I-Frames, and Tables that extend beyond the end of a page are what Firefox has a problem with.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=113217
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=154892
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=192129
Here are two lists of core print Bugs from just after 1.5b2 was released (over a year ago), I don't know which, if any, were fixed in 2.0:
Bug list 1
Bug list 2
Use another browser for page where you are having the problem. K-Meleon works on some pages that Firefox has a problem with; go figure, they use the same Gecko code.

I get around some of those problems by using the Nuke Anything Enhanced extension to remove the extraneous garbage from the page before actually printing, using Print Preview to see when the page is to my liking.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
cbreez

Can't Print Web Page

Post by cbreez »

Still having trouble. In Firefox I had already tried File, Print Preview and just a blank page shows. Help?
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Is the correct printer selected?

type about:config in the URL bar and hit Enter
Preference name = print.print_printer
is the correct Printer showing?

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
cbreez

about: config

Post by cbreez »

That is interesting! I didn't know you could do that...But....yes, the correct printer is showing. help?
guerillagirl

problem fixed

Post by guerillagirl »

I use the YAML framework and although FF printed onlythe first page . :/

All I did was set the concerning div box class to display:block insted of display: table,- cause FF has a Problem with table printing----

so I recommend to take the concerning container / table and set it to "block" display. Hope that works./ will be helpful!?!

cheers.
stefanie
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Ummm stefanie,
This thread is a year old. I doubt that the OP is still around.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
guerillagirl

Post by guerillagirl »

hmm, i know but..maybe it may be helpful for other users, i searched for fixing this bug and came to this site.
cheers from Germany :)
mmsteer

Re: WEB PAGES WILL NOT PRINT

Post by mmsteer »

Im using Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008061004 Firefox/3.0 nothing I can do will make it print more than the first page. Help!
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

MajaRodriguez

Post by MajaRodriguez »

I have a similar problem: when I try to print some web pages in a certain web application, I get only the first page printed (or viewed in Print Preview). My printer works OK, because I just printed word documents and other web pages. So, for sure the problem in the content of the web pages that need to be printed. Did anyone had this problem before?
AndrewPLJ

Post by AndrewPLJ »

I have been ok on previous version of Firefox. Just upgraded my Mac OS to Snow Leopard and now upgraded Firefox to 3.6.3.
All other applications print normal, including Safari.
Printing from Firefox only gives me the last page (or first page if not using 'collated' feature) of the printout when it has multiple pages.
Recommendations please.