[Ext] IE Tab 1.5

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
SeaFox

Post by SeaFox »

yuoo2k wrote:
SeaFox wrote:How do I make IE tab stay on the currently selected rendering engine between sites?

If I have a Firefox tab and I change it to IE, then type a new URL, the tab changes back to Firefox. In previous versions of IE Tab the engine stayed the same in a tab until it was switched or the tab closed.
Right-Click on IETAB statusbar icon to set your preference.
Which setting? I figured it would be the "always use current rendering engine to open new URL" but I get the same behavior whether it's on or off. Do I have to restart Firefox for the change to take effect?
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

SeaFox wrote:
yuoo2k wrote:
SeaFox wrote:How do I make IE tab stay on the currently selected rendering engine between sites?

If I have a Firefox tab and I change it to IE, then type a new URL, the tab changes back to Firefox. In previous versions of IE Tab the engine stayed the same in a tab until it was switched or the tab closed.
Which setting? I figured it would be the "always use current rendering engine to open new URL" but I get the same behavior whether it's on or off. Do I have to restart Firefox for the change to take effect?
Does anyone confirm this problem?
SeaFox, can you give me reproduce steps?
SeaFox

Post by SeaFox »

yuoo2k wrote:
SeaFox wrote:
yuoo2k wrote:

Does anyone confirm this problem?
SeaFox, can you give me reproduce steps?
1a. Open Settings -> General Tab settings
1b. Verify "always use current rendering engine to open new URL" is checked. Apply and save settings changes if needed.
2. Open new tab (tab is using Firefox by default).
3. Go to Google.
4. Click IETab icon in status bar. [rendering engine switches to IE, Google page now as ad telling you to get Google toolbar for IE]
5. Go to address bar and bring up Yahoo.
6. Yahoo loads and rendering engine switches back to Firefox.

[hitting the browser back button takes you back to Google, and the rendering engine switches to IE again]
SeaFox

Post by SeaFox »

This happens here at work on Portable Firefox, and at home on Firefox installed on my PC.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

SeaFox wrote:1a. Open Settings -> General Tab settings
1b. Verify "always use current rendering engine to open new URL" is checked. Apply and save settings changes if needed.
3. Go to Google.
4. Click IETab icon in status bar. [rendering engine switches to IE, Google page now as ad telling you to get Google toolbar for IE]

[hitting the browser back button takes you back to Google, and the rendering engine switches to IE again]

It's really funny.
In my test, step6 still render yahoo page in IE mode.

Can you try to create a new profile with only IETAB installed, and test if it still happen.
GiancarloA

Re: Needs firewall rule

Post by GiancarloA »

firefoxkid07 wrote:Yep, same problem started after loading AOL Security. I think that if some firewall rule is created, IE tab will work. Has someone figured out the rule yet? Or can someone tell me what I need to do to figure it out? I like AOL Security Suite and don't wish to uninstall it.
BTW, IE Tab is very useful!

Same story here. Has anyone figured this out?
SeaFox

Post by SeaFox »

yuoo2k wrote:
SeaFox wrote:1a. Open Settings -> General Tab settings
3. Go to Google.

It's really funny.
In my test, step6 still render yahoo page in IE mode.

Can you try to create a new profile with only IETAB installed, and test if it still happen.

Edit:

Whoops, didn't check the option and it was turned off. Switched on and rebooted Firefox. Looks like its working now.
SeaFox

Post by SeaFox »

SeaFox wrote:Edit:
Whoops, didn't check the option and it was turned off. Switched on and rebooted Firefox. Looks like its working now.

Alright so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling IETab on my default profile, and it didn't help. But it's working on my new testing profile. I noticed the prefs were still set as they were before after I reinstalled (the use same render engine for new URL option was still on). Is there a way to trash the preferences file for the extension (since that looks to be corrupted)? Or will I have to trash my entire old profile now? :(
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

SeaFox wrote:
SeaFox wrote:Edit:

Alright so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling IETab on my default profile, and it didn't help. But it's working on my new testing profile. I noticed the prefs were still set as they were before after I reinstalled (the use same render engine for new URL option was still on). Is there a way to trash the preferences file for the extension (since that looks to be corrupted)? Or will I have to trash my entire old profile now? :(
I think there is an extension conflicts with IETAB in your default profile.
Maybe you can help to find out which one conflicts with IETAB.
SeaFox

Post by SeaFox »

yuoo2k wrote:I think there is an extension conflicts with IETAB in your default profile.
Maybe you can help to find out which one conflicts with IETAB.

Well, I haven't added anything new recently, but there have been a couple updates. Here's what I have right now.

Adblock+ 0.7.2.4
AJAX Yahoo! Mail 0.9
Bookmarks Synchronizer 1.0.3
Chatzilla 0.9.77
Colorful Tabs 1.9
Customize Google 0.55
DictionarySearch 2.0
Download Statusbar 0.9.4.5
FireFTP 0.94.6
Foxy Tunes 2.2.1
IE Tab 1.3.0.20070110
Reminder Fox 1.1.1
Remove it Permanently 1.0.6.3
Slashdotter 1.8.9
Tabbrowser Preferences 1.3.1.1
SeaFox

Post by SeaFox »

I've narrowed it down to a IE Tab vs. Tab Browser Preferences issue.
Moonypond

Post by Moonypond »

To reproduce my problem:
1. Installed IETab 1.30
2. When installed I opened Firefox using my shortcut on desktop.
3. Once opened and loading my homepage (I have dial-up) I wanted to stop it loading so I went to press the "stop" button (in between the "reload" and "history" buttons). I then noticed it was "coloured/greyed-out" just like the page was already loaded (which it wasn't).
4. Disabled IETab and restarted and could successfully stop my homepage from loading by clicking on "stop" button.
5. Disabled all extentions but IETab and went to default theme and "stop" was unclickable.

My keyboard have the "stop" button on it so if I press it, it stops the page so it isn't Firefox.
All other pages but the homepage can be stopped using the button. Changing hompages doesn't help.
jrgreenman

Re: Robotform and IE Tab

Post by jrgreenman »

jrgreenman wrote:Hi,

I saw some of the posts regarding a fix for Roboform and IE Tab. I've installed IE Tab v1.3.0.20070122, but still cannot get Roboform to suggest a login when a page is rendered w/ IE Tab.

I have Roboform add-in v6.8.3.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Can anyone offer anything on this Roboform problem? Thanks.
Jace Greenman
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Moonypond wrote:To reproduce my problem:
1. Installed IETab 1.30
2. When installed I opened Firefox using my shortcut on desktop.
3. Once opened and loading my homepage (I have dial-up) I wanted to stop it loading so I went to press the "stop" button (in between the "reload" and "history" buttons). I then noticed it was "coloured/greyed-out" just like the page was already loaded (which it wasn't).
4. Disabled IETab and restarted and could successfully stop my homepage from loading by clicking on "stop" button.
5. Disabled all extentions but IETab and went to default theme and "stop" was unclickable.

My keyboard have the "stop" button on it so if I press it, it stops the page so it isn't Firefox.
All other pages but the homepage can be stopped using the button. Changing hompages doesn't help.

Try http://forum.moztw.org/files/ietab-1.3. ... ld_149.xpi
Does it fix the problem?
luchtcm

IETab with Cisco Security Agent

Post by luchtcm »

Has anyone ever run IETab with the Cisco Security Agent installed?

I get the following when attempting to open an IETab with CSA running:

2007-01-26 08:08:39.143,Alert,"The process '\\<computername>\d$\Program Files\Firefox\firefox.exe' (as user <username>) attempted to call the function LoadLibraryA(""kernel32"") from a buffer (the return address was 0x1810b5c). The code at this address is '00108b75 088b0e03 cb51ff93 2f1f0010 8945fc8b 56048b7e 0803d303 fb33c003' This either happens when a process uses self-modifying code or when a process has been subverted by a buffer overflow attack. The operation was denied."

2007-01-26 08:08:39.175,Alert,"The process '\\<computername>\d$\Program Files\Firefox\firefox.exe' (as user <username>) attempted to call the function QueryDebugFilterState from a buffer (the return address was 0x18110db). The code at this address is '03067403 0343088b 4e0c034b 088b7e10 85ff7403 037b0850 575153e8 1f000000 40750848 5e5f5bc9 c2080083 c614ebc5 68dc0210 00000000 6d737662 766d0055' This either happens when a process uses self-modifying code or when a process has been subverted by a buffer overflow attack. The operation was denied."

Any ideas?

Here's a bit of info on CSA: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/ ... index.html