Here's the new Thunderbird default theme

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
beckyh

Post by beckyh »

I like the flame for junkmail and don't see a need to have it mean anything but if you wanted to scratch for a meaning it could simply mean to burn (or throw out) junk. I would prefer different icons than to have all these envelope icons everywhere. Too many envelopes make things confusing.
0live

Post by 0live »

0live wrote:Is there a quick userchrome.css hack to remove the alternate stripes in the threadpane? (see Dazio's screenshot above)

Here's the css, in case anyone's interested in comparing:

Code: Select all

/* remove stripes in threadpane */
#threadTree treechildren::-moz-tree-row(odd) {
  background-image: none !important;
}

(thanks Bozz)
Linux i686 (ubuntu-gutsy) | Minefield (20081118020400) | Tb 2.0.0.17pre (2008092517) w/ Lightning
w.woods

Post by w.woods »

Arvid, I absolutely love the new theme on my Windows machine at work... but I wish you'd get a Mactel machine and turn your sights to designing the Mac version of the theme in parallel :D Something closely related, but still distinctly OS X. I'm usually someone who puts functionality above aesthetics, but I still can't bear to use Tbird on my Mac at home, and I really want to.
DeepFreeze3

Post by DeepFreeze3 »

For those who don't know, Arvid's new Qute theme for FF 2.0 is now avaliable for download:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/7/
Banned permanently for thinking the rules does not apply to you as you thought you could temporarily get around the month suspension. Your suspension is now up but instead both accounts are now Banned.
StormFX

Post by StormFX »

This is what's currently on the TB nightlies, right? I love it. And the options panel looks great!

I'd love to see something like this for Firefox. The glossy icons get old after awhile. The "soft" icons are great. :)
Taimar

Post by Taimar »

My Left Hand wrote:
ChrisI wrote:[*]Use the standard feed icon for web feeds.
i agree.

Definitely. It's pretty too.

My Left Hand wrote:
ChrisI wrote:[*]what's the reasoning for the dark blue background, in the options panel?
i think this change looks great.

Yes, it's gorgeous! Vista-like, so it's reasonable.

My Left Hand wrote:cant wait for the firefox version.

Exactly.
PhotonX

Post by PhotonX »

Looks great, but I still prefer your Qute icons. If they would come into the default theme... Would be great! :)
Pete2005

Post by Pete2005 »

1) I hate the alternating stripes in the message list. Thanks to Olive for posting a workaround, but I'm sorry that I had to waste two hours searching through options, about:config, and website searches to try to find the workaround.

It seems to me that such a dramatic change to the UI should not be forced upon everyone who upgrades to TB 2.0. I think that it would better be a regular option rather than something that people can only change via UserChrome.css. If you want TB to reach the masses then you have to assume that most people will not know how to or want to edit configuration files on their disk drives.

I suggest that the default theme disable this and then offer an alternative theme that people can download if they like stripes in their message lists.

2) I also don't like all of the extra vertical space between lines on the header pane. For those of us that use larger font sizes (1600x1200 monitor), it wastes way too much vertical space and it looks double-spaced, like this:

Subject: blah

Date: today

To: so and so

but I want it to look like this:

Subject: blah
Date: today
To: so and so

What was wrong with the spacing in TB 1.5? I'm not sure if the new theme causes this, but if it does please make it more friendly to people who use larger font sizes.

Other than those two complaints I like the new theme very much.
RBH

Post by RBH »

0live wrote:
0live wrote:Is there a quick userchrome.css hack to remove the alternate stripes in the threadpane? (see Dazio's screenshot above)

Here's the css, in case anyone's interested in comparing:

Code: Select all

/* remove stripes in threadpane */
#threadTree treechildren::-moz-tree-row(odd) {
  background-image: none !important;
}

(thanks Bozz)

I like the stripes but some how they don't appear in mine. Can they be added

RBH
thorazine

Post by thorazine »

I dont understand the reason for removing the icons next to the messages in the threads pane. Specially in threaded view, the remaining empty white space next to the message tree connecting lines makes it look like a bug.

Is there any userChrome option to make the icons appear or are they simply not present in the theme?
DizzyWeb

Post by DizzyWeb »

I really don't understand why Firefox and Thunderbird don't have similar themes. I like the Firefox theme the way it is, just wish Thunderbird would have the same feel. I'm sorry, I even prefer the old default theme over this...
The author can never, in no way, be held responsible for any harm caused, mental or physical, by reading this post.