[Ext] IE Tab 1.5

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mickbw

IE Tab Suggestion

Post by mickbw »

Would it be possible to add the capability to add a bookmark instead of the URL for the page you always want to open in IE. That way I could open a page using the bookmark and have it always open in the IE version for testing purposes.

Thanks,

Michael
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

Right click the IETab icon and add the URL to the list. That works for me. :)
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong
mickbw

Post by mickbw »

Yes, that works for me also but I would like to have a bookmark that would always open in IE, and a bookmark of the same page that would open in Firefox.
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

Oops, my mistake. I guess I didn't read your post closely enough. Sorry about that.
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong
firefoxkid07

Re: Needs firewall rule

Post by firefoxkid07 »

GiancarloA wrote:
firefoxkid07 wrote:Yep, same problem started after loading AOL Security. I think that if some firewall rule is created, IE tab will work. Has someone figured out the rule yet? Or can someone tell me what I need to do to figure it out? I like AOL Security Suite and don't wish to uninstall it.
BTW, IE Tab is very useful!

Same story here. Has anyone figured this out?

Seems like I will have to uninstall IE tab because it is useless with AOL Security. Is someone working on the fix? Can someone help please? Thanks!
phantomx

Post by phantomx »

SeaFox wrote:
yuoo2k wrote:I think there is an extension conflicts with IETAB in your default profile.
Maybe you can help to find out which one conflicts with IETAB.

Well, I haven't added anything new recently, but there have been a couple updates. Here's what I have right now.

Adblock+ 0.7.2.4
AJAX Yahoo! Mail 0.9
Bookmarks Synchronizer 1.0.3
Chatzilla 0.9.77
Colorful Tabs 1.9
Customize Google 0.55
DictionarySearch 2.0
Download Statusbar 0.9.4.5
FireFTP 0.94.6
Foxy Tunes 2.2.1
IE Tab 1.3.0.20070110
Reminder Fox 1.1.1
Remove it Permanently 1.0.6.3
Slashdotter 1.8.9
Tabbrowser Preferences 1.3.1.1

Same problem here, matching extensions are

Code: Select all

Adblock+ 0.7.2.4
IE Tab 1.3.0.20070110

IE Tab is 1.3.0.20070126, though. So, disabling AdBlock+ solved the issue. Can you work this together with the people of AdBlock+? I really like both extensions :)
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

SeaFox wrote:I've narrowed it down to a IE Tab vs. Tab Browser Preferences issue.

1. Download TBP 1.3.1.1 from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/158/
2. Extract tabbrowser_preferences-1.3.1.1-fx.xpi
3. Edit the file: \chrome\content\script\core.js
    See the function TBP_init(), and find following line: (Line43)

window.loadOneOrMoreURIs = TBP_LoadOneOrMoreURIs;

Append following code after above line:

window.BrowserLoadURL = TBP_BrowserLoadURL;
4. Edit the file: \chrome\content\script\misc.js
    See the function TBP_handleURLBarCommand(), and replace following line: (Line108)

return TBP_BrowserLoadURL(event, postData.value);

Into:

return BrowserLoadURL(event, postData.value);

5. Repack tabbrowser_preferences-1.3.1.1-fx.xpi and install it.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

phantomx wrote:Same problem here, matching extensions are

Adblock+ 0.7.2.4
IE Tab 1.3.0.20070110

IE Tab is 1.3.0.20070126, though. So, disabling AdBlock+ solved the issue. Can you work this together with the people of AdBlock+? I really like both extensions :)

Can anyone help to confirm this?
I'm also using Adblock+, but I didn't see the problem.
Moonypond

Post by Moonypond »

yuoo2k wrote:
Moonypond wrote:To reproduce my problem:
1. Installed IETab 1.30
2. When installed I opened Firefox using my shortcut on desktop.
3. Once opened and loading my homepage (I have dial-up) I wanted to stop it loading so I went to press the "stop" button (in between the "reload" and "history" buttons). I then noticed it was "coloured/greyed-out" just like the page was already loaded (which it wasn't).
4. Disabled IETab and restarted and could successfully stop my homepage from loading by clicking on "stop" button.
5. Disabled all extentions but IETab and went to default theme and "stop" was unclickable.

My keyboard have the "stop" button on it so if I press it, it stops the page so it isn't Firefox.
All other pages but the homepage can be stopped using the button. Changing hompages doesn't help.

Try http://forum.moztw.org/files/ietab-1.3. ... ld_149.xpi
Does it fix the problem?

Yes it does! Thankyou! :)
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

mickbw wrote:Would it be possible to add the capability to add a bookmark instead of the URL for the page you always want to open in IE. That way I could open a page using the bookmark and have it always open in the IE version for testing purposes.

You can use the prefix string chrome://ietab/content/reloaded.html?url=
For example:

chrome://ietab/content/reloaded.html?url=http://www.google.com/
SeaFox

Post by SeaFox »

phantomx wrote:Same problem here, matching extensions are

Adblock+ 0.7.2.4
IE Tab 1.3.0.20070110

I just tried that setup (Adblock and IETab only), and it works fine for me. It was only when I had TabBrowser Pref and IETab, whether by themselves or with other extensions, that the problem happened.
SeaFox

Post by SeaFox »

yuoo2k wrote:
SeaFox wrote:I've narrowed it down to a IE Tab vs. Tab Browser Preferences issue.

1. Download TBP 1.3.1.1 from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/158/
2. Extract tabbrowser_preferences-1.3.1.1-fx.xpi
3. Edit the file: \chrome\content\script\core.js
    See the function TBP_init(), and find following line: (Line43)

window.loadOneOrMoreURIs = TBP_LoadOneOrMoreURIs;

Append following code after above line:

window.BrowserLoadURL = TBP_BrowserLoadURL;
4. Edit the file: \chrome\content\script\misc.js
    See the function TBP_handleURLBarCommand(), and replace following line: (Line108)

return TBP_BrowserLoadURL(event, postData.value);

Into:

return BrowserLoadURL(event, postData.value);
5. Repack tabbrowser_preferences-1.3.1.1-fx.xpi and install it.

Thank you! That worked, and was much easier than I thought it would be when I first read it. (It certainly helped when I realized I should use WordPad and not Notepad to edit the files.) ;)
daplomb

Post by daplomb »

Thank you for creating this great extension. I work in a company and I want to deploy Firefox and switch to it completely. I hope IEtab will be my absolute weapon ! I want everyone surf our intranet with IEtab because we have lot of applications that only work in IE, I want everyone surf most of Web sites without IEtab and I’d like that works automatically (by using the SITES FILTER).
Unfortunately, after switching to the IE Rendering Engine, if you SURF USING HYPERLINKS (there are lots in our intranet), you NEVER SWITCH TO FIREFOX'S GECKO ENGINE AUTOMATICALLY even if Web sites aren’t in the sites filter.
A fix to this would be awesome because I can't ask all the people to switch the engine by themselves, most of them will not do it.
cnewtonne

Post by cnewtonne »

Can you please enable IE-Tab to support Roboform. This is the only reason preventing me from using it. I contacted Roboform support and they told me that IE-Tab uses a slimmed-down version of IE that does not work with Roboform. Can you please look into this and explore the possibility of adding this feature?
polaris408

Post by polaris408 »

For some reason, version 1.3.* does not work (ie, causes Firefox to crash) on either of my computers. I have tried all three releases of the 1.3 variety and your dev release. I am currently using version 1.2.0.20061120, which works fine. I am also using IE7, in case that matters

I have posted on the Bugzilla site, but I guess it's not checked often. My crash log is over there, as well. http://bugzilla.mozdev.org/attachment.cgi?id=4349