cookies enabled but Google complains they aren't

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
cpalson

cookies enabled but Google complains they aren't

Post by cpalson »

This problem started out when a few sites set error messages that my cookies weren't enabled. So I entered the sites as "allowed" in my Mozilla Tools/Options/Cookies.

That solved the problem for all sites but Google where changes in my preferences are not sticking. At first I was still getting the same messages - cookies not enabled - but now I don't get this message.

This does not happen in IE.
steviex

Post by steviex »

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
cpalson

Cookies enabled, Don't have zone alarm

Post by cpalson »

Yes - I already did. I don't have zone alarm. And my cookies on both my McCafee and in Mozilla are enabled. If that weren't the case, I wouldn't be able to set preferences in Google. And the other sites that ask for cookies enabled works.
steviex

Post by steviex »

Have you checked the Privacy service in McAffee.. Check that the cookies aren't getting expired early... or at end of session
also make sure you have javascript enabled...

You may find a cookie managing extension helpfull too .. just search for cookie on the addons site.

I think you may have to bash google a few times with a blunt instrument to get these settings to stick :)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
cpalson

Post by cpalson »

None of this would explain why Google is so stubborn. I guess I'll just hope it solves itself.
cpalson

Post by cpalson »

Hmmmm - I didn't use a sledge hammer or anything like that. NOW it's working
Thanks for your attention.
steviex

Post by steviex »

No problems... I think there's always going to be problems when there is a code change somewhere.. in this case at google...(they may have fixed the bug!)...

We got yelled at last week for the fact that they changed their layout.... (SIGH!!)