[Ext] Context Search 0.4.3

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

paulfox wrote:Hey Cusser, hope you're well! Just tried that link twice and got 404 error.

You're still lucky. I always got 403.

My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
simalam

Post by simalam »

Zoolcar9 wrote:
paulfox wrote:Hey Cusser, hope you're well! Just tried that link twice and got 404 error.

Same here. From my work I always get a 403 for any www.cusser.net URI:
<b>Forbidden</b>
You don't have permission to access /extensions/contextsearch/contextsearch.xpi on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

<i>Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.cusser.net Port 80</I>

From home it works all the time.

When will the <a href="https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/240/">Context Search Addons page</a> be updated?
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

simalam wrote:
Zoolcar9 wrote:

Same here. From my work I always get a 403 for any www.cusser.net URI

http://www.cusser.net.nyud.net:8080/

My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Anything I can do about the 403? I'm guessing not, but that's weird.

simalam wrote:When will the Context Search Addons page be updated?

As soon as Context Search 0.4.1 passes review. I submitted it at the same time as I updated my own site.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

That's cool with me. I'll put a link on my site sometime. In the long term, I'll be looking at the practicality of SuiteRunner compatibility. Hopefully the internals will be similar enough to Firefox such that extensions can be shared.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

OpenSearch plugins are not supported yet. That's why I could only port 0.2 (with some non search engine improvements from later versions). Otherwise SuiteRunner will have all the toolkit infrastructure (chrome.manifest, Addons Manager, customizable toolbars). Some bits of toolkit (e.g. <tabbrowser>) will be overridden to maintain Suite behaviour (well actually the firefox tabbrowser is being moved from /toolkit/ to /browser/ on the trunk so we don't need to do that now).

Cheers.

Phil
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Hopefully they'll just copy the entire of browser.xul and browser.js and make cosmetic changes, too. That'd almost guarantee that 90% of extensions would just work out of the box.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

I've started a separate thread for my version modified for seamonkey:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=2733548

Phil
Cococokie

Post by Cococokie »

cusser you still checking this thread?
Last edited by Cococokie on January 3rd, 2008, 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

I love context_search, but I would really like to see the support for TBird added back in... I hated that I had to install Conquery (much heavier) just to get this functionality back...
Cococokie

Post by Cococokie »

cusser Can you implement this idea, i think it is very useful to me and maybe alot others too. What it does is appending the text you want to your highlighted/search term. What do you think of this idea?

1. Adding dropmarks to each search engines which can append text to your highlighted text. (The red circle)
2. Clicking on search engines without expanding the append menu. (will search without appending any additional text)
3. Manage appendices is a list of appends you want to add on to the context. (Only first six will be shown, if u want the seventh to show, move it up the list)
4. Options allow you to enable/disable the use of appendices. (If disabled, it will appear like before, without the dropmarks and the new popup context)
5. Simple/lite and good additional functionality to this extension.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

I'll think more about it, but it's really a feature better suited to one of the more complex search extensions. I've always liked that Context Search is small, and that it contains no text of its own, meaning that it should be compatible with Firefox releases in any language.
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Also, this works with 3.0, I just need to update the installer. Coming soon.
echoes

Post by echoes »

yeah, i've used Context Search with trunk since i've been testing it. (which is since trunk 3.0 started).
now, if only you could "update/upgrade" image toolbar to work with 3.0....i really miss that extension.