I Want To Disable Roboform For Firefox.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
capandjudy

I Want To Disable Roboform For Firefox.

Post by capandjudy »

For some reason Roboform is now popping up in Firefox when I type in passwords. I do not remember allowing the Firefox adapter to be installed but anything is possible. Is there a way to undo this situation by deleting a file or by other means. I tried deleting "roboform-firefox-2.0-stub.xpi" in the Roboform program itself but the Roboform save box still pops up in FF. Also there is no entry in add/remove programs for the adapter. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.
Norman Hunter
Old madperson

Post by Old madperson »

is it listed in firefox under tools > addons > entensions? if so, delete it from there...
capandjudy

Post by capandjudy »

Sorry but there is no entry for roboform in extensions. There is no roboform toobar listed under view either.
Norman Hunter
frcan

Post by frcan »

Just a thought, could be a silly one too :wink: Are you sure it's not Firefox password saving popping up ? :-s

Tools > options > security tab
capandjudy

Post by capandjudy »

Thanks for the suggestion but no. I believe that I have found the problem. It seems if I am reading this correctly that Roboform has taken the liberty to install the adapter automatically starting with version 6.8.6 whether you want it or not. Please read the link and tell me if I have got this right. Roboform adapter link >>> http://www.roboform.com/browsers.html#browser_mozilla . Thanks
Norman Hunter
frcan

Post by frcan »

Thanks for the link. Having an earlier version I did'nt know about it. Make sure that in Roboform options > Login Browser, Firefox is not selected. If it doesn't correct the problem, I suggest you search on Roboform's site how to disable it from Firefox.
capandjudy

Post by capandjudy »

No luck!! Firefox was not checked. I also tried checking IE vs default browser but got the same results with Roboform popping up when typing a log in to a site in Firefox.
Norman Hunter
frcan

Post by frcan »

I suggest you search on their site for a way to disable/remove from Firefox.
capandjudy

Post by capandjudy »

I sent a note to Roboform support. Thanks.
Norman Hunter