[Ext] Hide Tab Bar 1.0dev.2 [2007-02-10]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
GarethB

Post by GarethB »

cool! For the next version, could you make something that keeps the tabbar hidden until you press a button?

*edit*
actually I've figured out a way - I pinned it to keep it from hiding, then I used the 'Toggle Tab Bar' script that was done for me by Zoolcar9 [THANKYOU for that!] over at this topic: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=500001 :)

how do you change the "optional" delay btw? is it via about:config?
Geva Zeichner

Post by Geva Zeichner »

About the button, were you aware of the "Tab Bar" option in the view menu that this extension adds? You can click on it to toggle the tabbar. You also have (in the previous version) the option to click on ctrl+F11 to toggle it.

Yeah, in the current dev version the options are accessible from about:config, under the "extensions.hidetb" branch.
Gilad Shalit is Free! Was held captive by terrorists since June 2006 for 1941 days. Was only 19 y/o when kidnapped.

My Extensions:
Hide Tab Bar 1.0dev.2 | IMDb Preview 0.6.2 | Gmail RTL 0.1.1
GarethB

Post by GarethB »

Geva Zeichner wrote:About the button, were you aware of the "Tab Bar" option in the view menu that this extension adds? You can click on it to toggle the tabbar. You also have (in the previous version) the option to click on ctrl+F11 to toggle it.

oops yeah, I actually meant icon [to click on], and not button to press.

I'd have liked to use ctrl+a to do it myself - it's a lot more easier to reach with 1 hand; and it's easier to remember than the ctrl+F-buttons

but anyway, thanks alot for your reply :)
Geva Zeichner

Hide Tab Bar 1.0dev.1

Post by Geva Zeichner »

Version: 1.0dev.1
Size: 10.2KB
Date: 2007-01-26
Tested On: Firefox 2.0.0.1
Compatibility: Firefox 2.0 - 2.0.0.*

<a href="http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/imdbpreview/Hide_Tab_Bar_1.0dev.1.xpi?download">Install v1.0dev.1</a>

<a href="viewtopic.php?t=220375">Back to topic's top</a>
<a href="viewtopic.php?t=220375&watch=topic" title="Get this topic's updates. Be the first to know when a new version comes out !">Subscribe this topic !</a>

Notes:
Some of the following new changes might not work properly with other tab-related extensions (like Tab Mix).

Changes:
  • Tabbar no longer pops-up each time a new tab is created (optional).
  • The check mark of the 'Tab Bar' View menu item, is now also being updated by the browser (or anyone that uses setStripVisibilityTo).
  • Do not close window - Unchecking FF's option of 'Always show the tab bar' used to close the window when closing the last tab. From now on this behavior is being separated to an option of its own. You can now choose that the window will close or not, no matter if the tab bar is "always" showing or not.
  • The 'Close Window' and 'Close Tab' File menu items are now being updated accordingly.
  • Clicking the 'X' button of the last tab, while 'Always show the tab bar' is off, used to just force-hide the tab bar, instead of closing the tab or window. Now, the 'X' will act as it should.
Gilad Shalit is Free! Was held captive by terrorists since June 2006 for 1941 days. Was only 19 y/o when kidnapped.

My Extensions:
Geva Zeichner

Hide Tab Bar 1.0dev.2

Post by Geva Zeichner »

Version: 1.0dev.2
Size: 11.9KB
Date: 2007-02-10
Tested On: Firefox 2.0.0.1
Compatibility: Firefox 2.0 - 2.0.0.*

<a href="http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/imdbpreview/Hide_Tab_Bar_1.0dev.2.xpi?download">Install v1.0dev.2</a>

<a href="viewtopic.php?t=220375">Back to topic's top</a>
<a href="viewtopic.php?t=220375&watch=topic" title="Get this topic's updates. Be the first to know when a new version comes out !">Subscribe this topic !</a>

Notes:
Please post any remarks you might have, especially if you encountered any kind of bugs.
Thanks for your help!

Changes:
  • Added an options window.
  • The "tab bar" view-menu item is now optional.
  • Fixed: Auto-hide not responding after the "List all tabs" tooltip is popped.
  • Ctrl+F11 toggles the tab bar. The combination is shown on the menu item. The combination is fixed and can be changed only with the "<a href="viewtopic.php?t=72994">keyconfig</a>" extension.
  • Optionally swaps top/bottom margins when bar is at bottom.
  • Now when dragging a link, the tab bar will hide and show as normal (but with no timers).
  • Added a context menu to the pin button.
  • Changed the way tab-at-bottom is determined. Now relies on y positions instead of TMP's "dir" attribute.
  • Fixed: Float hack temporarily stop working after exiting full screen.
  • Responsibility for setting the float has moved to 'setStripVisibilityTo'. Thus solving bug of float not removed when "1 tab hides bar".

Known Behaviors:
  • Maximization or minimization could be interfered by the float hack if showing or hiding the tab bar at the same time.

My Extensions:
onemen

Post by onemen »

Geva, do you still have problem with TMP installed and v1.0dev.2 ?

i didn't noticed any problem with v1.0dev.1
Geva Zeichner

Post by Geva Zeichner »

Yes, I still have it.
First, thanks for checking it out.

The problem is with the changes I've made to the tabbrowser binding. I've changed there the behavior of "setStripVisibilityTo", "addTab" and "removeTab". But it seems that when TMP is installed, those changes are not in effect.
For example the check mark of the 'Tab Bar' View-menu item isn't being updated as it is without TMP.

My Extensions:
Geva Zeichner

Post by Geva Zeichner »

Actually, I've just noticed, the example I gave for some reason suddenly does work with TMP. :)

But this still doesn't: Opening a new tab (Ctrl+T) makes the tab bar visible. My extension overrides this from happening, when TMP isn't installed.

So strangely, "removeTab" and "addTab" don't get overridden with TMP, while "setStripVisibilityTo" is overridden as it should.

My Extensions:
awedmortal

Post by awedmortal »

where are description and use informatio for the float hack option? could you post here if this info is not elsewhere?
onemen

Post by onemen »

Geva Zeichner wrote:Actually, I've just noticed, the example I gave for some reason suddenly does work with TMP. :)

But this still doesn't: Opening a new tab (Ctrl+T) makes the tab bar visible. My extension overrides this from happening, when TMP isn't installed.

So strangely, "removeTab" and "addTab" don't get overridden with TMP, while "setStripVisibilityTo" is overridden as it should.

i don't see any difference with or without TMP
Geva Zeichner

Post by Geva Zeichner »

onemen wrote:
Geva Zeichner wrote:Actually, I've just noticed, the example I gave for some reason suddenly does work with TMP. :)

It works for me now too!
I had the TMP version that is on AMO. I've just installed your dev version and I'm happy to see that HTB works with it with no conflicts. Thanks.

My Extensions:
AxelFoley

Post by AxelFoley »

Yo Mr. developer of this extension! :D

Just wanted to say:
That I would like that when you have "auto hide on" and then push Ctrl+T (open a new tab)/open a new link (in another tab), that the tab bar "stays hided without popping up" like it doesn't currently...

I have tried your newest version v1.0dev.2 (and all the other ones :S) witch states to be able to do this? - but it won't work for me...

Additionally I would like to say that I have gone back to 0.2.2 because I think that it have all that I need, just not that function described above... I don't want that "pin thing" + I want to be able to totally decide which shortcut to use (I prefer F8 pure (without the Ctrl in front)). this stuff you can't do in the new versions...

Would be perfect if you could fix that "tab bar popup on every new tab" cause it is a little annoying... Cheers! + Peace Out!
A lover of your extension
AxelFoley

Post by AxelFoley »

BTW in case it could be helpful to you, I can tell you that this style: http://userstyles.org/style/show/1262 doesn't have the "bug" that your extension have.

The other way around that style doesn't support shortcuts and when in "tab hided mode" pushing Ctrl-T it will not highlight the new tab in bold when you "unhide the tab" by pointing at its position. So therefore I still use your extension and hope that you'll fix this :D

Cheers again! + Peace Out!
Geva Zeichner

Post by Geva Zeichner »

Do you have other tab-related extensions installed with mine? Cause this maybe could cause the "stays hided without popping up" not working.

My Extensions:
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

onemen wrote:

I am having the very same problem. The moment I open a new tab, the tabbar is visible and refuses to hide unless I go to the view menu and close it. And here is another problem. I am running Linux with KDE as my desktop manager. Entering Ctl-F11 switches my desktop to #11 (I have 20 open desktops). There needs to be a way to change which key this extension uses for closing the tabbar! Whatever problems may be attributed to TMP, has no relevance on the selection of function keys. So while you are sorting out compatibility issues, start by changing the function key to user selectable.

I am using Firefox-2.0.0.1 on Slamd64 Linux.