Incoming email goes directly into Trash folder

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Paul.M

Incoming email goes directly into Trash folder

Post by Paul.M »

I have XP Home, TB 1.5.0.9, AVG Free 7.5.441, and Zone Alarm 7.0.302.000. The AVG checks incoming and outgoing emails. Some of the incoming email goes directly to the Trash folder. The Junk Mail Controls are set to move junk to the Junk folder. The Message Filters do not address the From: in the email message. Sometimes the email that goes directly into the Trash folder is in my Address Book.

Any suggestions for what to do to keep the incoming messages going into the Inbox and not the Trash folder? Thanks.
Paul.M

Re: Incoming email goes directly into Trash folder

Post by Paul.M »

Paul.M wrote:I have XP Home, TB 1.5.0.9, AVG Free 7.5.441, and Zone Alarm 7.0.302.000. The AVG checks incoming and outgoing emails. Some of the incoming email goes directly to the Trash folder. The Junk Mail Controls are set to move junk to the Junk folder. The Message Filters do not address the From: in the email message. Sometimes the email that goes directly into the Trash folder is in my Address Book.

Any suggestions for what to do to keep the incoming messages going into the Inbox and not the Trash folder? Thanks.

Also when new mail arrives in the Inbox or Junk folders it is bolded indicating it has not been read. However, when the new mail goes directly into the Trash folder, it is not bold indicating that it has been read. Thanks.