New Toolkit API change

Discuss application theming and theme development.
lynchknot

Post by lynchknot »

Speaking of Communicator. Is this a necessary folder within a theme jar folder? I have deleted it out of a theme jar and have not found anything wrong - without it.
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

lynchknot wrote:Speaking of Communicator. Is this a necessary folder within a theme jar folder? I have deleted it out of a theme jar and have not found anything wrong - without it.

I believe it used to affect Linux and/or profile manager. But pch has been working to elimate/move that stuff.
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files
lynchknot

Post by lynchknot »

ok thanks alan.
gaspeer

Post by gaspeer »

Hey, lynch,

I live for the coffeecup, mercnvert, and crystal themes. Any plans about if and when they'll work
with the new firebird?
lynchknot

Post by lynchknot »

Sorry, the themes will only work with milestone release. I do not want to keep two versions of the same themex30 on my site. Anyone can update on their own, just please don't distribute.
Geronimo

Does this apply to thunderbird?

Post by Geronimo »

One problem with having one theme forum under development instead of discussions under each app is that it is not always clear to all of us what app a comment applies to. Is this Firebird unique or does it apply to T-bird or any others?
mscott

Re: Does this apply to thunderbird?

Post by mscott »

Geronimo wrote:One problem with having one theme forum under development instead of discussions under each app is that it is not always clear to all of us what app a comment applies to. Is this Firebird unique or does it apply to T-bird or any others?

The latest round of thunderbird builds will now be effected by this same change. Last week's round of builds were made before this toolkit change.
Thunderbirds are Go!
6XGate

Post by 6XGate »

Under XP might I suggest getting the remaining widgets to use the native look. For one, I noticed that FB uses some odd method of skinning the toolboxes. If seems that when I use a VS that themes the toolbars and not the toolbox, FB wants to apply the toolbar look to the toolbox and not the toolbar as it should. Also, the drop-down buttons don't seems to take a native appearance yet. I am talking about this relative to the CSS values for -moz-appearance, I know the current theme tries to fake the drop-down buttons and quite well on XP's default VSs. These are just suggestions.
Sleeping Cats - My place on the internet.