[Ext] Web Search Pro 2.7 Released 20070810

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Elminster

Post by Elminster »

Hmm, maybe it's again just me, but the drop zones only work _before_ I drag any link. Dragging any link seems to deactivate them.

I think I'm a troublemaker :D
old Captain Caveman

Post by old Captain Caveman »

@Makondo For now copying all those lines would be the fastest/easiest way (make sure Firefox is closed when you paste them in your new pref.js). I am still thinking about if it would be very usefull to make import/export routines in the options window, not sure yet...

@Elminster :oops: I have once again proven that I am just human, version 2.4.1.1 fixes this bug.
Elminster

Post by Elminster »

Captain Caveman wrote:@Elminster :oops: I have once again proven that I am just human, version 2.4.1.1 fixes this bug.

But you are a very fast human - I wrote the message this morning before leaving the house and now everything ist working already :)

Thank you very much!!!
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Gotcha. I do like those import/export options (LI, TMP, DragdeGo, Forecastfox... all have it and it's really handy. I wish all exts would have this option - huge timesaver!).
Thanks for your time, Captain!
old Captain Caveman

Finally... 2.5 is ready all! And yes Makondo, that does include Export and Import of all your Web Search Pro preferences ;)
It also includes a lot more, like a new Quick Type Search popup (mainly meant for the keyboard lovers, just give it a try), manage your own Search Engine Groups (basically a blown up version of the 2.4 "My Favorites"), and many other smaller extras.

Enjoy searching the web!
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Awesome news, Captain! Can't wait to get it. Thank you muchly for the great job you do with the extension and support, really appreciate it, Sir!
old Captain Caveman

I have just discovered (and fixed) quite a huge bug in WSPro 2.5 :oops: And though I was in time to remove it from AMO before validation, and re-submit a good working version there, some of you here may have installed this bad version already from my website. If so, just install it from there again, the fixed version has been uploaded.

FIY, The problem only occurred if you have added more than 8 Search Engine Groups with the version that has been available from 04 Dec 2006 9:30PM until 05 Dec 2006 10:00PM. If you did, you may export your WSPro settings, and mail them to me, I will fix the problem and mail it back to you.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and :oops:
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

2.5.1.2 works great here and i really just dropped in to wish you great holidays and thank once again for the ext. and your excellent support!
SeaOfTea

Web Search Pro Lite maybe?

Post by SeaOfTea »

I love the drag and drop searching so much and could do without the rest of the bulk. Is there anyway you could release a lite version with just the drag and drop capabilities, or even a seperate extension that uses your current firefox search engines to drag and drop search with?
old Captain Caveman

The way it is at the moment, it would be relatively difficult to create a lite version of it. It would be easier to create a new extension that does just that, for which I myself do not have the time right now.
But there's (perhaps) also good news in the next 2 updates. The first, which is as good as ready but waiting for addons.mozilla.org to get updated before I release it, contains support for the Sherlock and Open Search formats, so you can also select the "normal" Firefox Search Engines from e.g. mycroft.mozdev.org. The update after that, which will take a bit longer because it has to get translated, will (amongst other things) have the new option to hide the Tools and Context menu items as well. So with that option, you will be able to use just the Drag & Dropzones, and not be "bothered" with the rest of the features.

The update with Sherlock/Open Search support will be released on my personal website (and posted here) soon, so stay tuned.
old Captain Caveman

Support for the Mycroft Sherlock and OpenSearch formats is finally there! I am waiting with the official AMO release until the new website gets released, but until then you can already install Web Search Pro 2.6 from the Web Search Pro homepage.

Enjoy searching, and please report any problems here or on my own forum.
tanstaafl_bh

Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 support?

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

The Addons page does mention installing for TBird, but only in passing, and doesn't mention what version(s) it should work in..

I'm eager to give this a try, since Conquery no longer works, and ContextSearch stopped working in TBird a long time ago...

Thanks!
linpinn

which key activates " Quick Type Search popup" ?

Post by linpinn »

which key activates " Quick Type Search popup" ?i can't find a "help " page
Lin
nettrotter

Post by nettrotter »

Drag and drop zone search is really revolutionary! This feature is what attracts me to use it.

Can you give us a lite version to get rid of all context menu favicons?
old Captain Caveman

Sorry all, forgot to check this place for posts for a while...

@tanstaafl_bh, Web Search Pro currently does not support TB. I'll have to look into it, but I think there's too much features that can not be made compatible with TB.

@linpinn, I am working on some demo video's, but that's a quite time consuming thing to do. For now, the Quick Type Search popup can be activated with CTRL + Q. And if you set "Use the QTS instead of the toolbar..." setting, the CTRL + K or the Tools' WSPro menuitem will also activate it.

@nettrotter, version 2.7 (almost ready) allows you to hide everything you don't use (context menu/tools menu), so you can set it up to see only the WSPro features you actually use. A weird coincidence is that just last night I started thinking about making a separate add-on for just Drag & DropZones, cause I too believe it can stand out on it's own, and quite a few people possibly don't like WSPro because it just can do too much (even be it that each feature will be optionally). So, consider me working on it... Perhaps... Probably... I just don't know yet.