Saved Passwords

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

It still should work, especially if there are no problems with the password file.
But if you have problems with signons2.txt and want to revert to Fx 2.0.0.1 then I can't guarentee if it will work.

Post by Guest »

the-edmeister wrote:Or are 'we' who have posted in this thread the only ones who are having this problem with 2.0.0.2 auto-completing Passwords for previously saved UN/Passwords not auto-completing?Ed
No, you aren't the only ones having problems.

I've given up on attempting to fix the problem. None of the solutions in all the posts in all the threads I've read solve the problem in my Mac installation. Nothing, including Always Remember in the menu bar. None of them. Zip. Nada. I've been on this thing since this morning. Now I'm dumping this POS and reinstalling 2.0.0.1.

I hope the bozos who buggered it up are fired.

Post by Guest »

Few days ago I clicked on 'Never ask' in the remember password window. Can I restore this option? I want FF to save all my passwords again :(
trolly

Post by trolly »

Tools -> Options -> Security -> Passwords -> Remember Passwords
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.

Post by Guest »

don't have this option :/ (i have FF v2.0.0.2)
trolly

Post by trolly »

Just checked my own FF 2. The option is there.
What do you see on the security tab?
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Anonymous wrote:Few days ago I clicked on 'Never ask' in the remember password window. Can I restore this option? I want FF to save all my passwords again :(

Besides making sure that "Remember passwords for sites" is checked, under "Tools -> Options -> Security" / Passwords, click the "Exceptions" button. A "Don't Remember Passwords" box will appear. Remove any sites found, if you want Firefox to remember those passwords.

Screenshots and details about the Firefox 2 options windows can be found here: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/options
Last edited by Alice on March 2nd, 2007, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

OH! I've just seen the option 'Remember passwords'. I thought it was a button but is only a tick message.. The problem is that I have that on and my FF doesn't remember any passwords
Alice

Post by Alice »

Make sure that the site isn't listed in the Passwords "Exceptions" list, as I just added above.
Alice Wyman
trolly

Post by trolly »

Thanks Alice. Forgot the exception list. :oops:

Re: Quick Fix

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Using the Password Exporter extension to export and then re-import my passwords fixed the problem for me. YMMV, presumably.

http://firefox.fligtar.com/passwordexporter/

This solution also worked for me. Very simple to do, and probably a good extension to have and use to make backups of your passwords file.
micahsdad1402

Post by micahsdad1402 »

I also have this problem since updating to 2.0.0.2 Nearly worth going back to 1.5.

Seems to happen on sites where I have more than one password.

I tried to seach for the signons2.txt file mentioned and couldn't find it.
trolly

Post by trolly »

That's exactly the main problem. A patch is on the way.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder

Post by Guest »

What have I to do with the import-export passwords tab?
Tony-E

Post by Tony-E »

For info there is a plan to release Firefox 2.0.0.3/1.5.0.11 asap to fix this regression. The following is taken from one of the Mozilla newsgroups.

Mike Connor wrote:In order to fix a small number of serious regressions, we are looking to do a very quick 2.0.0.3/1.5.0.11 release to pick up some fixes for recent regressions. 2.0.0.4/1.5.0.12 will be the next regular security/stability releases.

2.0.0.3 blockers

We are going to be looking at nominations over the next few days, based on the following criteria:

* Significant regression since Firefox 2 with a well-tested and well-understood patch
* Major public security bugs (if any appear) (sg:high and sg:critical)

This is a very high bar, we are hoping to freeze Tuesday evening at 6 PM PST (all confirmed blockers already have patches) and have builds available for testing starting on Wednesday. If you have a bug that meets this criteria please get that nominated as soon as possible. Drivers will be meeting daily at 10 AM PST to address nominations and approvals.