I can't play streaming radio on either Firefox or IE - Help!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jimihendrix

I can't play streaming radio on either Firefox or IE - Help!

Post by jimihendrix »

I have no idea what's going on, because i have all the latest patches and am running XP Pro w/SP2, WMPv11, Firefoxv2, but for some reason the streaming radio content won't play in either browser. I have not been able to find any threads that help with the problem I am having, and I was hoping someone out there could steer me in the right direction.
show me

Post by show me »

the URL(s)
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

jimihendrix

Post by jimihendrix »

Thanks dickvl, but I've already gone through all those steps and it is still having the same issue.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Can you give one or more links?

Do you see the WMP plugins if you type in the url bar: about:plugins and press the <i>Enter</i> key?

See: Identifying_installed_plugins_(KB)
jimihendrix

Post by jimihendrix »

Yes, I have done all the checks based on that tutorial and the one on Windows media player website too. Everything checks out when I run tests except for sound. The WMP test didn't have much help unless the issue was video problem. I am in the process of uninstalling WMP, re-booting, re-installing frsh copy and seeing if that fixes it. I'm starting to think it's just a corrupt .dll

I'll update the thread once I figure this out.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

dickvl

Post by dickvl »

I missed your post:
jimihendrix wrote:I can't seem to figure out what the problems is with both Firefox and OE not being able to play streaming audio. They both play the video portions fine, but no audio comes out at all. I use the PC to listen to the radio sometimes and now I am unable since I re-installed the OS.

I am running Windows XP SP2 with all the latest updates and have checked all the plug-ins in the Media Player tutorial here on this forum, but everything looks as it should. I have the current Windows Media Player 11.0.5721.5145 installed.

My Creative Audigy Platinum sound card records and plays all other media like movies, MP3, WAV, and CD's just fine, only when I am playing streaming media does the problem become apparent.

Any clues?
Please use this thread for answers about the same problem.
jimihendrix

Post by jimihendrix »

Sorry about that dickvl & daifne, I had posted the question at other discussion boards I belong to and I forgot that I had already posted here.

:DOH!
jimihendrix

Post by jimihendrix »

I ended up re-installing my backup from Acronis. Everything is working fine now. I still don't know what caused it or why I couldn't fix it without re-installing, but there ya go.
John0904

Post by John0904 »

I recently had the same problem with no audio in either browser. Since it effected both browsers, I concluded it wasn't a browser issue.
At first I thought it was ActiveX or plug-ins causing the problem. I went as far as installing WMP11 (ick), but absolutely nothing was working.

After a few days and as a last resort, I uninstalled my codec files, reboot and reinstalled them. Problem solved.

Hope this helps in some way if others are having the same problem.