Where does Firefox save my bookmarks?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
FilmFreak85

Where does Firefox save my bookmarks?

Post by FilmFreak85 »

My English is not very good, so sorry for mistakes. I try it. I have to delete my drive, but do not want to lose my bookmarks. Microsoft Internet Explorer saves them as the file "favorites" in the folder "documents & settings". But where does Firefox save them? I didn't find anything. Can you help me?
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Try this
Bookmarks - organize bookmarks - file - export to a file cd thumb drive floppy
Bookmarks - organize bookmarks - file - import
Note: These instructions are for Firefox 2, the only difference from previous versions is that the wording for 1.5 branch is
Bookmarks - Manage Bookmarks

Also see this link
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Migrating_set ... ew_profile
In case you wish to save other things
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
FilmFreak85

Post by FilmFreak85 »

Thanks! That works. It is not like Internet Explorer, which saves the Favorites as 1 file from which IE can read each favorite. As I see, I have to open the Bookmarks file, which is a site with links, and save each link new as my bookmark. So it's not that good as Internet Explorer, but if there's no other possibility, then that's great.

Thank you very much!
Tad Ghostal

Post by Tad Ghostal »

You don't have to do that, just use the import feature as malliz described. When you get to the import wizard, choose 'from file' and point it to the bookmarks.html file which it will import.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20061201 Firefox/2.0.0.6 (Ubuntu-feisty)
When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*'.
-- Linus Torvalds
FilmFreak85

Post by FilmFreak85 »

Okay, I got it! Thanks a lot!