[Ext] Fission 0.8.9 [Sep 25]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

CyberGhost wrote:How about adding, speed/loadtime/kbsize(webpage size)/image counter. like Opera has?

Opera adds these to the status bar, not the address bar -- and for a reason: it would just add too much visual noise (IMO anyway). I thus recommend to use the Extended Statusbar extension instead.
CyberGhost

Post by CyberGhost »

That's a cool extension Zeniko, thanks!
dao-g

Post by dao-g »

zeniko, do you know why Fission's "mouse-over link" feature malfunctions with Locationbar²? I can't tell at first glance.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

dao-g wrote:zeniko, do you know why Fission's "mouse-over link" feature malfunctions with Locationbar²?

Locationbar²'s <code>value</code> setter doesn't return the set value.

Fission at one point does the equivalent of <code>remember = (gURLBar.value = mouseOverLink);</code>. In this case, JavaScript apparently sets <code>remember</code> to the setter's return value, not the getter's one. Appending <code>return val;</code> to your setter function takes care of the issue.
GarethJS

Post by GarethJS »

Zeniko, could you kindly tell me on what changes need to be made to this script in order to get it working with this extension.

http://userstyles.org/style/show/666

thanks.
dao-g

Post by dao-g »

zeniko wrote:Locationbar²'s <code>value</code> setter doesn't return the set value.

Ah, thanks. I'll fix that.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

I had already sent the required changes to the author of the original Well Rounded extension - here goes an updated patch for Well Rounded 2. Please ask Kwan to incorporate these changes into his code.
Last edited by old zeniko on October 7th, 2007, 5:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
mfaddas

Addition Feature

Post by mfaddas »

Hi,

I'm using Fission to display the links in the address only. Could you please add the option of disabling the progress bar in the address bar.

Also, could you please add the feature of displaying the title of the page/link in the status bar or address bar.

If you know extensions that do so I will be happy to know about them.

Best regards.
toolman_fixit

Post by toolman_fixit »

thanks for nothing zeniko , i clicked on your link for the well rounded update and it takes me to the forums to do a post lol lol. not all there.
old zeniko

Re: Addition Feature

Post by old zeniko »

mfaddas wrote:Could you please add the option of disabling the progress bar in the address bar.

Already there: just set the progress bar's color to white - or even better: open about:config and set extensions.fission.color to <code>transparent</code> (so that secure-gold keeps looking golden).

mfaddas wrote:Also, could you please add the feature of displaying the title of the page/link in the status bar or address bar.

That's not in the scope of this extension. You might want to have a look at the officially recommended Cooliris Previews instead.

toolman_fixit wrote:i clicked on your link for the well rounded update and it takes me to the forums to do a post lol lol.

You don't really expect much assistance, with that attitude of yours, do you?
bertwesarg

Bug/Feature Request: no mouse-over link when ...

Post by bertwesarg »

... the address bar has the focus

hello,

thank you for this neat add-on, i realy like it.

but I have a little annoying problem. whenever I focus the address bar, either with F6 or with the mouse, I move the mouse away so it don't disturb when I typing. but when I hit a link while moving the mouse away, the address bar alter shortly to the link and back, but the cursor is now moved to the end. I suggest to show the mouse-over link only when the address bar don't has the focus. please.

Thank you

bert wesarg
old zeniko

Re: Bug/Feature Request: no mouse-over link when ...

Post by old zeniko »

bertwesarg wrote:I suggest to show the mouse-over link only when the address bar don't has the focus.

What do you suggest instead: to show the mouse-over link in the status bar or not at all (when the address bar has the focus)? What about the occasional bug where the address bar forgets that it is no longer focussed?

As a help to answer these questions, I've knocked together the required code:

Code: Select all

(function() {
   eval("Fission.setOverLink = " + Fission.setOverLink.toString().replace(/{/, "$& if (this._unlinkified) return this.mLinkified ? '' : aLink;"));
   function unlinkify(aEvent) { Fission._unlinkified = aEvent.type == "focus"; }
   gURLBar.addEventListener("focus", unlinkify, true);
   gURLBar.addEventListener("blur", unlinkify, true);
})();

Add it to the userChrome.js file (found in your profile folder after having installed the extension of the same name) and see whether you don't see any unexpected side-effects (to get the mouse-over link in the status bar instead of not at all, replace <code>this.mLinkified</code> with <code>false</code>).
bertwesarg

Re: Bug/Feature Request: no mouse-over link when ...

Post by bertwesarg »

zeniko wrote:
bertwesarg wrote:I suggest to show the mouse-over link only when the address bar don't has the focus.

What do you suggest instead: to show the mouse-over link in the status bar or not at all (when the address bar has the focus)? What about the occasional bug where the address bar forgets that it is no longer focussed?

Not at all was my intention, but the idea to show the link instead in the status bar sounds neat. I will try both in the next day and report my experiences back here.

From that address bar bug I never hear before or notice it.

Thank you.
immersion

Post by immersion »

I really love this extension as I can now turn off my status bar. The problem is I'm using this theme called MyFireFox, and the Fav icon for sites is edgy and smaller than normal. Also, sometimes the copy and paste form address bar doesn't work. Maybe on your next update you could look into fixing this little bug. Thanks!
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

immersion wrote:the Fav icon for sites is edgy and smaller than normal.

Please contact the theme's author about this. I won't include any theme specific hacks into Fission itself.

immersion wrote:sometimes the copy and paste form address bar doesn't work.

I've never experienced this sort of issue. Please try to figure out under what specific circumstances this happens, i.e. how to reliably reproduce your problem (also make sure to have installed the latest Firefox release: 2.0.0.3).