Firefox start up error: already running

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

mconnor wrote:And how does one prove their identity on the internet? Showing ID?

I think if you tied this account's history, the bugmail address, and the blog link in the profile, it'd clearly establish who Lucy is. Unless you're trying to say its a different Lucy. Or that every single post by a non-regular must be accompanied by a set of links to prove who someone is...

When they say that they would love to get a user's personal information, yes, they have to prove it. I'm sorry, but this was completely inappropriate and casts a very poor reflection on these forums and on the community as a whole.
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Daifne - show me the part where you *ASKED* me to prove who I was before I request information.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Since it was your first post in this topic, how could I ask you before.
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

No, I didn't say you had to ask me before, I'm saying where did you ask me to prove who I am if I'm going to request info? And as mconnor pointed out, how should I prove it?
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Daifne doesn't have to ask she is the moderator on this Forum not you if you persist in this I am quiet willing to call Kerz in and Let him point out just who is in charge. It's certainly NOT you.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
jesusX

Post by jesusX »

Daifne: Honestly, it's mods like you that drive away the god moods. Lucy jumped in to help, and the first thing you do is chastise her. Yeah, you're a mod, wow. That doesn't mean you need to thump people. It means when there's a _problem_ you can sort it out. If you did a little research, you'd find Lucy's incredibly helpful. Just stop trolling and being impressed with yourself. No one else is.
jesus X [ Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism. ]
CTho9305

Post by CTho9305 »

Lucy, we know you're just a random troll. Anyone can register a bugzilla account and pretend to be a contributor.
<a href="http://ctho.ath.cx/toys/">CTho's JS Toys</a>
<a href="http://ctho.ath.cx/games/">CTho's JS Games</a>
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Lucy wrote:No, I didn't say you had to ask me before,

You didn't? Really?

Lucy wrote:Daifne - show me the part where you *ASKED* me to prove who I was before I request information.
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Daifne - there are some finer points of grammar at work here. I'm not referring to informing me earlier in time than I am posting, I'm referring to you informing me that the policy is that one should provide credentials when requesting information from users. You easily could have informed of that and asked me to follow up with said credentials, and you didn't, and haven't.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

This is not a "finer point of grammer". I can read just fine thank you. Obviously better than you can write if that is not what you meant.

And I have told you and mconner that it is your responsibility to provide them. You haven't yet.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

@jesusX Go back to your unread twaddle and mind your own business. Daifne works incredibly long unpaid hours for mozillazine
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

CTho9305 wrote:Lucy, we know you're just a random troll. Anyone can register a bugzilla account and pretend to be a contributor.

I know! Think the Seamonkey council will catch on to you one of these days?

Post by Guest »

This was pretty much enough to sell me on Lucy: http://steelgryphon.com/grand/?p=19
mconnor

Post by mconnor »

Moderators, like anyone else in a position of authority, are expected to behave with restraint and a balanced perspective. If something seems inappropriate, figure out who the person is before essentially accusing them of being malicious. Daifne failed to even make an effort to figure out anything on her(?) own, which feels like a failure of due diligence. That, or the identity issue is a straw man.

I don't think anyone would question me if I'd made the same post, but there's nothing in this profile linking it to who I am elsewhere in Mozilla. People in Bugzilla ask for stuff to be emailed all of the time, and no one goes on about harvesting info. So what's different here, other than an entirely different group of people are calling the shots? If it was someone's first post, and there was nothing tying that person to anything else (bugzilla, other Mozilla projects) then I'd think differently, but even a half-assed search yields plenty of info about Lucy...
jesusX

Post by jesusX »

malliz: And I worked 4 long unpaid years for MozillaNews, 2 years triaging in Bugzilla.

mconnor: Half-assed being the operative phrase.
jesus X [ Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism. ]