Archived Moderation Requests (Vol XV)

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Got it.

Sigh. Now she's pulled in mconner.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

There is an old Australian expression "She's Up herself" :D and he should know better. I replied to his BS
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Got them both.

What is it this week? Trolls and now this...
Are those two a couple or something?
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

:D Dumb and Dumber?
"Terry Pratchett"
vl

Post by vl »

Split post by djbrock to new thread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 04#2811804
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/2007072518 Firefox/2.0.0.6
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

^ since malliz already answered, I'll leave it where it is.

Sheesh! It's like she's controlling his mouth...
vl

Post by vl »

VanillaMozilla wrote:Suggest locking this thread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 97#2810897 .

Long, rambling, catch-all thread about nothing in particular. The only common thread is that it's about version 2.0.0.2.

Missed one...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/2007072518 Firefox/2.0.0.6
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

We can see you...
CTho9305

Post by CTho9305 »

This topic is pretty much down the drain. I am locking it.

I wonder who took the "Firefox start up error: already running" thread down the drain... the person who tried to help (whom the original poster was satisfied with) or the mod who didn't just apologize.
<a href="http://ctho.ath.cx/toys/">CTho's JS Toys</a>
<a href="http://ctho.ath.cx/games/">CTho's JS Games</a>
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

I don't care about an apology. Whatever, she made whatever call she thought was best in the first place. What took so long IMO is she kept talking about how she didn't know who I was and therefore couldn't trust me, but NEVER asked me who I am. From there I think it was just a matter of not wanting to give up ground. I still don't know if it's actually mzine policy that we can't ask people to share suspect files at all, or if it was simply because I didn't also explain who I was. It would be nice to get that part clarified, and that's really all I have to say about any of it.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Yes, I know, Lucy. I am very aware of what I say here, unlike yourself.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

An apology when you were the one that took it to the extreme? When you called in all your "friends"?

No, I told you that it was your responsibility, you decided not to respond. I shouldn't have had to ask directly.

Again, look at your wording in your first post. You asked in a way that was very irresponsible at best.

This is enough. The topic was locked and there is no need to bring it to this topic.
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

I never asked for an apology and I just said so. Yes, my wording was careless and when you pointed it out (which is IMO the role of a moderator) I edited to point out that it was wrong. Yes, you should have to ask, because the entire thread you were backing up your argument as if it were a done deal. I'm not going to respond with "but but, I'm ME and I'm AWESOME!" if that's it. IMO if the problem was that I didn't give credentials and I didn't watch my words, then your response should have been to point both of those out. It wasn't, you told me to stop "telling" people to email me. At no point did you indicate in the LEAST that you actually wanted to know who I was.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

I said that's enough.