Firefox start up error: already running

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Go back to ruling the roost at Moz.org ....Oh wait you don't do you? I suggest you back off
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
mconnor

Post by mconnor »

Daifne, how does one prove who they are on a web forum? Should I fax you copies of my passport and business cards in order to satisfy your demand for credentials? This really feels like a "if you're not one of us, go away" thing now, which is pretty much how a lot of people perceive Mozillazine, and why there's an ever-increasing lack of overlap between the MozillaZine and mozilla.org communities...
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

And do you state, when asking for the information in Bugzilla, that they would Love to get the user's personal information? Or do you use a little common sense and tell them exactly what you need and why? How was the user in this topic to know from that wording? Do you actually think that this was appropriate?
mconnor

Post by mconnor »

If someone asks for something seemingly inappropriate in Bugzilla, people treat others with respect and ask for clarification, not react with mistrust and suspicion. It was clearly poorly worded, as evidenced by Lucy's comment, you assumed it was malicious instead of asking for clarification.
jesusX

Post by jesusX »

malliz: I suggest you read more carefully. I said MozillaNews, not Mozilla.org.
jesus X [ Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism. ]
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Both unread, so whats the difference?
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
jesusX

Post by jesusX »

... You don't know the difference between Mozilla.org and MozillaNews.org? Please tell me you at least know what mozilla.org is.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Look back at my first comment to her, mconner. I did not ask for clarification at that point, but I did ask her to not solicit an email and I asked politely.
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

Lucy, jesusX, and mconnor,

You seem to be forgetting something. The Administrators and Moderators run this board, you do not. The idiotic arguing that is going on needs to stop. If it doesn't stop, I will starting handing out forced vacations and/or bans.

Personal insults towards Mod's or anybody else will not be tolerated either. That will also constitute as a forced vacation, or ban.
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Daifne - at some point I would have had to clarify what information I was after, even if the user sent me their ASL phone # and address, rather than asking me what specifically I wanted. Even if the user said "ok sure whatever info you want" I still would have had to tell them exactly what I wanted. How could they give it to me otherwise? As for the why, if it wasn't apparent by the "troubleshooting this issue" that they'd be files possibly at fault, then the user would have asked and I'd have had to answer. I also tend to let people know exactly what's in the files I'm asking for so they know if there is actual personal info in it, AND instruct them on how to remove said info before sending to me if there is such info in the files. I didn't do any of this in the first post because the user had not indicated that a) they reached the resolution where their files would be useful nor b) that they'd be willing to share their files.
reedloden

Get it right.

Post by reedloden »

Hi, it's mconnor, not mconner. Get it right.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

jesusX wrote:... You don't know the difference between Mozilla.org and MozillaNews.org? Please tell me you at least know what mozilla.org is.

Get a life. Lucy called you in for backup and you can't stand the fact your both unwanted and irrelevant.
"Terry Pratchett"
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

I have seen too many people here attempt to get information from innocent users. I assume nothing. It's safer that way. Your wording was awful is that was not what you meant.
jesusX

Post by jesusX »

Dartman: I don't claim to run MoZine nor the forums. I happened upon a mod being abusive and heavy. I am in no way personally attacking anyone. Also, moderators do not "run" the forums, they are given care to properly maintain them within the rules of the admins. Only the admins run the forums. Further, you have a point. There nothing to be gained by continuing, as only some parties to the conversation are attempting to understand the others.

malliz: You're, not your. And I couldn't care less. And for the record, I'd call Lucy for backup before she'd need me. :p
Last edited by jesusX on March 23rd, 2007, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

malliz - I didn't ask *anyone* to post in this thread. I linked it to some people at Daifne's "I don't know who 'this Lucy'" is comment because at that point I just needed to laugh (at what was already said, not at what anyone else was going to add).