1.2.03 Nightly not installing themes or extensions

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
daihard
Folder@Home

Post by daihard »

alanjstr wrote:
daihard wrote:OT, but where did that funny title (Mo -- I have no life -- zilla) go? I was looking forward to getting it.

Once they realized that too many of us have no lives....

I dunno. It didn't last for very long. I know Flii didn't want to make it to 1000 after she saw me with it.

Oh so you reached there before Flii? I thought she was the first one that has broken the barrier. :shock:
Kubuntu 8.04 (kernel 2.6.24-25-generic) / KDE 3.5.10
CentOS 4.8 (kernel 2.6.9-78.0.22.ELsmp) / KDE 3.5.10
Mac OS X 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) / iPhone 3GS (32GB black)
flii

Post by flii »

daihard wrote:
alanjstr wrote:Once they realized that too many of us have no lives....

I dunno. It didn't last for very long. I know Flii didn't want to make it to 1000 after she saw me with it.

Oh so you reached there before Flii? I thought she was the first one that has broken the barrier. :shock:

alan's been ahead of me for a while now, i think. more people just pick on me, so it *appears* that i'm the highest poster. if you're really looking for someone who posts 20+ a day, check out *alan's* profile! :P

i hung back for as long as possible after seeing what alan's title was when he got to 1k. i didn't like it.
daihard
Folder@Home

Post by daihard »

Flii wrote:i hung back for as long as possible after seeing what alan's title was when he got to 1k. i didn't like it.

Really? I liked it a lot when I first saw it. I'd much rather be called "Mo -- I have no life -- zilla" than "Mozilla Lover," for cryin' out loud. :twisted:
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

alanjstr wrote:Please stop asking if it is fixed!!!!! You're all starting to piss me off!

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=187126

I've bookmarked this link. I notice that there's an "Add CC" list on the upper-right. If I add my address, will I get notifications when there are updates to the bug? Or will I be causing trouble and just getting in the way by adding myself to that list? Can't find that answer in Bugzilla.
djst

Post by djst »

daihard wrote:
alanjstr wrote:
djst wrote:Alan, maybe you should spend less time in the forums then! ;) (j/k)

Maybe <i>I</i> should have the "He may like Phoenix, but we're not sure."

OT, but where did that funny title (Mo -- I have no life -- zilla) go? I was looking forward to getting it.

There were too much complaints about that title, so it was replaced.
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

thenightfly42 wrote:I notice that there's an "Add CC" list on the upper-right. If I add my address, will I get notifications when there are updates to the bug?

If you add yourself to the CC list, you will be notified of any change. It is there for all interested parties. Comments are fine if you have something to add (other than "me too")
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Post by Alex Bishop »

daihard wrote:OT, but where did that funny title (Mo -- I have no life -- zilla) go? I was looking forward to getting it.

It was bumped up to a higher level. New ranks are invented as people reach the limits of the existing ones. It's a pain. You people should stop posting so much.
Alex
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

Alex Bishop wrote:It was bumped up to a higher level. New ranks are invented as people reach the limits of the existing ones. It's a pain. You people should stop posting so much.

Now you've given me something to look forward to. Knock that off please :-D
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Post by Alex Bishop »

thenightfly42 wrote:
alanjstr wrote:Please stop asking if it is fixed!!!!! You're all starting to piss me off!

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=187126

I've bookmarked this link. I notice that there's an "Add CC" list on the upper-right. If I add my address, will I get notifications when there are updates to the bug?

You can add yourself to the list if you've got a Bugzilla account. Just whack your address in, leave everything else alone and click Commit. You'll get notified whenever someone changes the bug. You can fine-tune your notifications here: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email

thenightfly42 wrote:Or will I be causing trouble and just getting in the way by adding myself to that list? Can't find that answer in Bugzilla.

Some people will be emailed when you add yourself to the CC list but it's easy for recipients to turn off CC list only changes so don't feel guilty about spamming people. Just don't add useless comments and don't play with any fields you don't understand (by default your Bugzilla account won't let you anyway).
Alex
ehume

Post by ehume »

Alex Bishop wrote:New ranks are invented as people reach the limits of the existing ones. It's a pain. You people should stop posting so much.
Yeah, yeah. So you say, but we don't believe it for a minute. It shows how popular y'all are. When Flii flees the 1000 mark like a flea up a flue to fly over the rest to float in at 2k, then you'll have to go to work again. Relax. Enjoy our sterling repartee.
flii

Post by flii »

umm ehume... alan's had more posts than i have for a long time. ;) pick on him.

to answer the confusion, flii is pronounced fly.
daihard
Folder@Home

Post by daihard »

djst wrote:

There were too much complaints about that title, so it was replaced.

I wonder who complained? ;) I'd have been honoured to keep the title. :)